Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 06 Jun 2008, 14:15

"Anyway, I didn't mean you, I mean people who think the game utterly failed, yet frequent these forums anyway."

I know, I couldn't resist responding though. :)

"Now, little more work on user friendly editor and better multiplayer support are indeed needed but that is not enough to mark the game as bad. H5 fulfilled almost all my expectations from Heroes sequel."

Ok, you keep lowering that bar of expectations and see what kind of Heroes 6 it will get you. I , for one, am not satisfied with mediocrity.

"Before you go around praising the times of 3DO, you might want to check your history. While Nival were great, the games all suffered premature releases and lack of budget due to the EA-like publisher. "

Ok. They were still great games. Imagine what 3DO could have done if they had a bigger budget. Your comment just proves how incompetent Nival is, because they have a bigger budget and their game is still disappointing in many ways.

I'm really tired of talking about why Heroes V is not great, so let's just pray Ubisoft and Nival make up for with by making their next game epic. It needs to be for their sake.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Jun 2008, 09:03

Anyone know if it's true that Ubisoft's Pool of Radiance had a bug that might delete your hard drive?!

Ya5MieL wrote:>Ever thought that your definition was wrong? (Not that I'm saying that it is)<
Sure, but then my brain switched on...

Ya5MieL wrote:>Whining is ok in decent measures but what you do is simply evil intended bashing of a game. You could try respecting other player's thoughts and impressions.<

Sure, as soon as someone has some decent arguments i will... as for the whining, do you like you caravans, your kingdom screen etc.?! Companies have to prove themselves before they get the courtesy to be asked nicely... (not that most posters on the Blizz forums do even if they should).

>Some of us like the game, even with its few flaws.<
:lolu: Man, and i almost was about to take you seriously...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

jeff4815
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby jeff4815 » 09 Jun 2008, 15:13

Ya5MieL wrote:Ever thought that your definition was wrong? (Not that I'm saying that it is)

Whining is ok in decent measures but what you do is simply evil intended bashing of a game.

Some of us like the game, even with its few flaws. You could try respecting other player's thoughts and impressions. You obviously didn't like the game, but quite many of us did, so lets not challenge each other's brainwaves and conclusion making.

I have played all games in series from KB/H1 and H5 is best of them in my opinion. Some will agree with it, some won't, but every single player has a right to name the game as great, as much as other has a right to call it the worst.

Cheers!
I'm going to agree here. I liked the game though it was definately no Heroes III (though it kicked the sh*t out of IV). Everyone has their own opinions so one must suck it up and deal with it. I mean there are tons of people here that like Heroes IV and I'm not going around saying that they're wrong for liking it.
And there was much rejoicing...
"You want a piece of me?!"
Ithilgore trying to Identify a Dragon: "Haven't seen one before..."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 10 Jun 2008, 09:08

Hey, i like H4 myself (more for it's concepts then actual playability), but i'm not beyond picking on someone that praises it for stuff they shouldn't... (prob with less vitriol though, H5's "let's put WH in a HoMM game" attitude just pisses me off).
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 12 Jun 2008, 14:42

"You could try respecting other player's thoughts and impressions."

If the other players' thoughts and impressions are worth respecting, then sure.

"I have played all games in series from KB/H1 and H5 is best of them in my opinion."

Unfortunately for you, that doesn't rank as worth respecting in my book.

"...so lets not challenge each other's brainwaves and conclusion making."

You don't seem to understand the purpose of a forum if you honestly believe that.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 12 Jun 2008, 21:28

ThunderTitan wrote:Anyone know if it's true that Ubisoft's Pool of Radiance had a bug that might delete your hard drive?!
I do not know for sure about that particular bug, but their release of POR2 was so bugged and the gameplay so poor that it ended any chance for the gold box series of games making a comeback. I stated a long time ago, that is was the handling of POR and Warlords (yea I know they did not actually own either), that made me very nervous about them being the owner of the Might and Magic franchise, and as yet my fears have not been put to rest.
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

pitakos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby pitakos » 14 Jul 2008, 19:52

I like HOMM V a lot and i have played it more than any other game (apart from Age of Empire III, but that when i was younger... It's not the right time for online RTS games when you are above 40!). I can complain about many things of the HOMM V but they don't really bother me so much. Especially after the TotE the interface and the balance system are much better. But the main problem i have (of course its similar to all of the computer games) is the AI. Many custom maps are fascinated or have a special idea but when i start having fun and thinking how i will get rid of a bad situation the AI sucks (the expressions i use is "the enemy becomes my best friend", or "the computer feels pity for me and tries to help" etc.). And it is really very, very disappointing. I wish i had the time to play online (but i don't have! or i want to play with my own tempo!) So, i wonder (and this is a QUESTION that needs an ANSWER): Is there a chance to have, in this life, a descent AI???

If so, i can do with the HOMM V or the pathces of it for some time and wait for VI when it will come. But if the AI continues to suck then i have no reason to wait for the HOMM VI (perhaps only for the campaign if it is a good tale like the original HOMM V, but you can find good tales in books too... most of the time much better).

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 14 Jul 2008, 23:53

pitakos wrote: Is there a chance to have, in this life, a descent AI???
Nope.

But actually I have found a couple of very nice people to play with, some non-competitive matches, people who don't mind playing on normal and having fun with the game.

My matches usually take around 3 or 4 hours over 1 or 2 days.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 18 Jul 2008, 07:20

PhoenixReborn wrote:
pitakos wrote: Is there a chance to have, in this life, a descent AI???
Nope.
Not until the kids that grew up with Terminator, System Shock, <insert evil AI reference>, die off...

kerhonker
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby kerhonker » 20 Jul 2008, 14:56

is this sight offline...i mean the main page has no postings since June?

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 20 Jul 2008, 15:07

Just not much in the way of M&M or Heroes news :S
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 21 Jul 2008, 06:13

There will be some news soon.

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Amgor II » 22 Jul 2008, 04:30

If anyone is tired of waiting for Heroes of Might and Magic 6

I highly recommend you try and old, but great game..

Age of Wonders II. You can even boost the graphics up to made it look really good.
In the world of the Dead, its nice to be alive,I think.

darknessfood
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby darknessfood » 22 Jul 2008, 17:18

Amgor II wrote:If anyone is tired of waiting for Heroes of Might and Magic 6

I highly recommend you try and old, but great game..

Age of Wonders II. You can even boost the graphics up to made it look really good.
HOLLAND FTW!
You can either agree with me, or be wrong...

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Caradoc » 13 Aug 2008, 01:59

Seems to me that Heroes 6 would need to take the game to a new level, and I am stumped as to how that might be done. What could be added over and above Heroes 5 that would prompt new buyers to spend money on it? New graphics? I don't see it. Massive play? Won't work. Real time? Wouldn't be Heroes. So what?
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 26 Sep 2008, 17:02

Caradoc wrote:Seems to me that Heroes 6 would need to take the game to a new level, and I am stumped as to how that might be done.
MOAR NEKKID ELF CHICKS of course...

Macros the Black
Druid
Druid

Unread postby Macros the Black » 28 Sep 2008, 02:56

Caradoc wrote:Seems to me that Heroes 6 would need to take the game to a new level, and I am stumped as to how that might be done. What could be added over and above Heroes 5 that would prompt new buyers to spend money on it? New graphics? I don't see it. Massive play? Won't work. Real time? Wouldn't be Heroes. So what?
Well, if they were smart, they would come with a good spinoff game like Dark Messiah first again, so people get intruiged with the story line... But this would only work if they made a good story line (not like they have now, it's incredibly cliche and uninteresting). So boost the story, that's 1.

Then, they need to take hints from Kings Bounty: The Legend. Then, they need to improve the look of the battles. Like, if you have a lich that casts a spell, you animate that lich jumping up in the air, floating, waving it's hands with cool bones and magic flying about, then laugh maniacally and make a fist like he's concentrating his power.. Stuff like that, I feel, is lacking in Heroes 5. Actually, the animations sometimes really sweet, but you hardly ever notice it due to the camera. If you make a movie in the moviemaker, you will see that there's some really cool animations going on.
Second, they need to make innovations to the strategy. Thirdly, they need to make innovations to the world map. Then, they need to make a genuinely great AI, and very excellent multiplayer possibily. Lastly, they need to make intruiging and well-thought out campaign maps that don't involve alot of "grinding" and going back and forth, but do involve alot of strategy.

If they do all of that right, they have a chance of getting out a good HoMM game and ensuring that the series doesn't end there. If they fuck it up, I think there won't be a HoMM anymore... unless they go bankrupt and the rights end up with another company with good ideas and devotion. I'm not talking about Katauri here, btw, I don't they'd be interested in HoMM.

One thing I will say is that the Disciples series has alot better chance at this point..

Milla aka. the Slayer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Milla aka. the Slayer » 28 Sep 2008, 15:00

I don't think Nival and Ubi even know how to do the things you just suggested. Nice suggestions though.

The problem is always to improve the game and its features but still sticking to the roots of the prequels. And with H5 they didn't quite make it happen.
Maybe it'd be better if they just made new expansions for the old games. That'd be awesome!! :-D :-D

Btw, my top argument why H5 isn't as popular as the old games: 3D :disagree:
This minor magical charm captures the viewer's attention and distra... ooo, pretty...
- Dragon Age Origins

Asheera
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Asheera » 28 Sep 2008, 15:16

Well I prefer the 3D though :D

Also I have this post from a user at HC:

Indications that work on HOMM6 is about to begin

http://nivalinteractive.ru/vacancy/index.shtml

It is in russian, the official website of Nival. They are looking for a lot of new staff:

- Project manager
- QA Lead
- Lead Animator
- Expirienced painter
- 3D designer
- 3D graphics programmer
- Interface programmer
- Lead game designer
- utility developer (what's that? if my translation is correct)
- game mechanics tester
- concept designer
- art director
- programmer
- AI and game mechanics programmer
- Server programmer
- Game designer

They are all required to have gaming experience and interest in games. The sallaries vary between 1250 euro to 3000 euro. And it is a lot for Russia.

It looks they are going to make something big. I'm sure that they have a lot of people working now. And imagine 16 new guys joining the team! And they will be just making games. There are 7 more persons required, but for office work.

I don't know if Ubi has given them a lot of money for the work on HOMM5 or is giving them a lot to start new project. There's one thing I know - something is happening...

As we all know the founder of Nival returned full control over his own company in 2007 after he sold it in 2005 to Ener1 group for 10mln$. Now the headquarters is in Moscow again.
No matter how powerful one becomes, there is always someone stronger. That's why I'm in a constant pursuit of power, so I can be prepared when an enemy tries to take advantage of me.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 28 Sep 2008, 16:08

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:Btw, my top argument why H5 isn't as popular as the old games: 3D :disagree:
Who says it isn't popular? Wasn't it stated somewhere that HoMM V with its expansions is the best-selling HoMM game (topping the previous sales champion - HoMM III)?

The unfortunate fact with some of the HoMM fandom is that they're so uptight you couldn't drag a needle outta their asses if you pulled with a tractor. Every deviation from the old formula is met with cries of outrage, they don't want change or innovation, just more of the same old same old, and it's been that way since HoMM IV, or should we go further back to the days of the Forge?

@Asheera: From your lips to god's ears!
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Return to “News”