Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Kalah » 29 May 2008, 17:10

Heroes 5 has been relatively successful. The game was released, it sold well, reviews were fairly good, and the producers didn't go bust. After two expansions and a couple of special editions, fans are also reasonably happy, and starting to feel the urge to move on to the next instalment in the series.

There's a problem, however: Even though other games related to Heroes (such as Dark Messiah) have been made, there's been no word on the development of a Heroes 6.

When should we expect rumours to reach fever pitch? When should we expect the producers to break down under the mounting pressure and admit to the fans that "YES! We're working on a new Heroes game! Now please put the baseball bat down!" When should be expect news of people being hired <i>en masse</i> to work on an "unspecified" project?

It certainly seems that enough fans are happy with Heroes 5 to warrant a new instalment; question is how long it will take to get the ball rolling on something new... some would argue that the previous ball hasn't even stopped rolling yet.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1212081004
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby MistWeaver » 29 May 2008, 18:39

>When should we expect the producers

E3 perhaps ? At least I hope so (before that I hoped for KRI :) )

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Lepastur » 29 May 2008, 19:17

On Fabrice words on his last interview:

"Patching phase will go beyond 2008 if necessary"

We're almost on the half of 2008 and it seems we won't get new Heroes V stuff until Heroes Kingdoms is released, so the most probable thing it's they won't announce the new Heroes VI until 2009, and so, if we should add two years after this announcement (like it happened with Heroes V), we won't get Heroes VI till 2010 X-mas or even 2011 summer.
Edited on Thu, May 29 2008, 15:18 by Lepastur
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Lepastur
Pixie
Pixie

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Lepastur » 29 May 2008, 19:17

@Kalah

"fans are also reasonably happy"

Are you sure? Please, don't make me laugh. The Map Editor isn't complete and the Multiplayer experience is awful due to some lack of balance and a turtle gamespeed, among other things. And both of these last features are key for the game's longevity, so if they don't fix them we'll have a looong time to curse Ubival. Furhtermore, Heroes V may be the game less played (multi and single) of all the series, and this point should be worrying enough.
Edited on Thu, May 29 2008, 15:18 by Lepastur
Visita http://www.HeroesofMightandMagic.es (Portal) y http://www.TorreDeMarfil.es (Foro) / El sitio web en español más completo dedicado a la saga Heroes of Might and Magic, y a los otros juegos de la misma marca.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 May 2008, 19:20

Kalah wrote:Time to Talk Heroes 6?
I don't think so. When the first images will be published, but not before.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 29 May 2008, 19:27

Why not? Right now when basically nothing is happening except the upcoming Kingdoms beta, it's probably a perfect time to start generating ideas for H6. ;)

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 May 2008, 19:40

Aye...

A funny thought (and foolish, of course) came in my mind: they might be expecting us to talk about it to get inspired and start developing a game. Eh? *faithful smile* No?

Ok, I'm out. :lol:
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 May 2008, 20:06

Panda you're hopeless... :)

@arturchix
Do you know something about HoMM Kingdoms beta? Since I have a beta test code since I bought HoMM complete, but going to the UBI forums didn't enlightened me at all.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 29 May 2008, 20:24

Muszka wrote:Do you know something about HoMM Kingdoms beta?
It will start very soon. Happy? :D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 29 May 2008, 20:50

Happy :) :oex: and Great thanks :handshake: Could you be so kind to warn me with a couple of days before it starts, since I saw you post there too?

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Elvin » 29 May 2008, 23:23

H5 has not gotten old yet, still fun to play and I play it online rather often ;) Of course I should mention that had I been playing single I'd have been bored long ago, its single appeal does not come close to the one of H3 for some reason. So many combinations feeling wasted in a silly AI.

For all the mishaps it's pretty obvious that it was successful and sold well so H6 is just around the corner. Can't say I'm in a rush, H5 is satisfying for now plus the later they release it the better it will be. I have no wish to wait for patches so I can play again.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby waffen » 30 May 2008, 05:20

I agree with Elvin, that H5 has not gotten old yet. I can wait for few more years. And if H6 comes out too soon, it will decrease sells of H5. But they can start to develop H6 right now, And give us well polished and finished game after few years:)

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 30 May 2008, 06:56

They probably have, tote production started immediately after HoF.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 30 May 2008, 09:29

Do to som reasons I hevant started to play HoMaM V yet (still playing good old HoMaM II)

But I would personaly look more to see a new MaM Game... ore a New DoMaM part (even a new CoMaM part :-D)

Tress
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby Tress » 30 May 2008, 11:11

Personaly i dont think it is time for new Homm installment. They should focus on some more spinofs like mm rpg.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Moragauth » 30 May 2008, 14:08

Yes yes yes, I'm sure all the "dissatisfied" fans will come to complain, on a HV forum no less, in secret anticipation for HVI. Such dissatisfied customers...

I personally await HVI with anticipation. :) In the meanwhile there are plenty of others games to put my time to err.. constructive use.

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 30 May 2008, 14:42

tress wrote:They should focus on some more spinofs like mm rpg.
Not that I don't agree; but remember that M&M was the original game and HoMM was the spinn-off

Personally; I'd like to see a M&M game; but I think a HoMM game is more realistic...
Grah!

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 31 May 2008, 00:19

I think it's too soon to talk heroes 6.

In the first place heroes 5 2nd expansion just came out not too long ago.

In the second place Ubi needs to devote resources right? The forthcoming patches aren't even out yet, no way we can talk about heroes 6 now.

Lord Fubar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Lord Fubar » 31 May 2008, 08:56

I can wait for a Heroes 6 thanks to all the wonderful map makers that upload here keeping other HOMM versions alive and playable.

Heroes Kingdoms would be nice if it ever takes off, even I don't get lucky enough to snag a slot in the beta.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Time to Talk Heroes 6?

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 31 May 2008, 09:49

All I want to say is wake me up before it's time to go to bed.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Return to “News”