The Bright Future

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Bright Future

Unread postby Akul » 13 May 2008, 20:34

Since many fans don't visit the Round Table and even those who do, often don't visit every tread in it and read every topic, I decided to make an news announcement that mentions new fan-made maps/campaigns that shall appear in near future.

First campaign that should be mentioned is the unnamed one made by ByteBandit, a well-knows member of RT and mapmaker for all HoMM games, with help of Muszka who is famous for helping many mapmakers on RT.

His campaign is surely unique for it consists of six maps, every of them happening in different HoMM game from H1-H4 (H5 is not included for the hero followed by the storyline is not included in that game). You better dig up your HoMM1, HoMM2, hoMM3SOD, HoMM3WoG, HoMM4WoW and HoMM4Equi (at least those you own) in order to play this unique story-driven campaign!

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=8749&postdays=0&postord ... 0">Link</a> to the forum tread

Another map that I sould mention is Kordine Isles - Unveiled Land (for H3SoD), made by our new member Horns who is a HoMM fan since H2 was released. May the fact that she is new here not confuse you! Testers had great things to say about her map in every aspect of mapmaking (story, landscape, gameplay...). The map can be downloaded from the testing section if you are impatient to try this gem.

May Horns find the Round Table a comfortable place to hang around and may her mapmaking carrier continue to flourish!

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=8772">Link</a> to the forum tread

Faceless Destinies campaign for H4Equi is made by me (man do I feel stupid for advertising myself) and it shall be released in several one-map campaigns (you can call them episodes if you want) that shall be tightly connected with scripts. The storyline is dynamic and is the primary element of the gameplay, together with few new unique features.

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=8004&postdays=0&postord ... 0">Link</a> to the forum tread

Legends of the Ancients (LotA in short) by Marzhin does not need introduction for almost everyone knows about it.

For those who still don't know about it, LotA is a series of H5HoF and H5TotE campaigns that continue the storyline of Axeoth, where H4WoW and M&M9 ended. Two of four campaigns have been completed and can be downloaded at authors site (lick can be found further bellow)

Story is written and keeps the spirit of old M&M universe while the H5 engine is unchanged, with few minor features added to give it a more unique feel.

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=4303&postdays=0&postord ... 0">Link</a> to the forum tread

<a href="/http://lota.celestialheavens.com/">Link</a> to author's website

Humakt, another well known mapmaker, especially famous for his H4 maps, is working on two separate projects.

One of them is Gauntlet, a challenging map for H5TotE with two human players pitted against 6 AI players. Big battles shall be waged here, with enemies coming from every side. Using turns to their full potential shall be the key to victory here!

His other map is Gateworks for H4Equi, a unique story driven map whose unique gameplay is best explained by Humakt himself in his forum tread.

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=7856&start=15">Link</a> to the forum tread

<a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/thundermaps/">Link</a> to author's website

If there is a map/campaign that I forgot to mention, PM me and I shall add it to the list.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And, when I already made such a big post, I should take some time to introduce the new H5TotE map that appeared on the website few days ago.

Mercenaries, made by Franzy is a unique H5 map that tries uses the powerful (tough user-unfriendly) editor to turn the game into a classic RPG game with more than one ending.

Few unique features, like daily fees for soldiers in your army, are introduced and make this map much more enjoyable.

As few members already stated, this is a map you should play even if you ain't a big fan of H5.

<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=8691">Link</a> to the forum tread

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1210710883
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

The Bright Future

Unread postby ByteBandit » 14 May 2008, 01:15

Almost sounds like Marzhins' Campaign and the one we are working on, could "almost" tie in together. Would'nt that be something special? And Akul, as long as you have been working on your project, there is no shame in letting everyone know when it's about to be released. Several members are waiting in anticipation for it.

And, yes, I would like to welcome Horns to the mapmaking circle. Her work on maps is nice to look at. And to all the other mapmakers out there, a round of applause!

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

The Bright Future

Unread postby rdeford » 14 May 2008, 14:14

I just started playing Mercenaries and it really looks promising. I wish I had more time to play H5, but real life keeps intruding.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 14 May 2008, 18:15

..but real life keeps intruding.
Oh yes. I know that well.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 May 2008, 20:19

Come on folks, don't mention real life here. I come here to relax.... :disagree:
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

The Bright Future

Unread postby astral76minor » 15 May 2008, 06:54

Will the database indicate "impossible" size when I submit a completed map that is "impossible size?" Just wondering. Great work on the maps for the old heroes series.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

The Bright Future

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 May 2008, 12:40

Include the information in your readme, and hope that Heroes players do take a look at the file. The database doesn't include a field for difficulty at the moment, and adding the information for 690+ maps sounds like a daunting task.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

The Bright Future

Unread postby astral76minor » 15 May 2008, 23:06

No, the difficulty can be set by the user. I have the map difficulty at normal. I was talking about map sizes in Tribes of the East v. 3.0.

We are finishing a map, that is 320 x 320 in size which is called impossible size in the "Tribes of the East" editor. That is the maximum size. The question was relating to the CH maps database. Does CH post impossible size when people search for maps? A valid question, since some people may find extra large maps that are really impossible size maps. Thanks.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

The Bright Future

Unread postby Akul » 16 May 2008, 10:36

Could you please discuss that with Angelspit via PM? This tread is about current news, not about map sizes!
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Re: The Bright Future

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 May 2008, 15:37

astral76minor wrote:Does CH post impossible size when people search for maps?
I'm sorry I didn't understand your question, it had been a long day. We kept the old map sizes for Heroes V because we didn't have time to redesign the database when the game came out. This is something we might change during the next redesign.

astral76minor
Assassin
Assassin

The Bright Future

Unread postby astral76minor » 17 May 2008, 01:04

Thanks for keeping it alive. We hope all heroes have a chance to post their work.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

The Bright Future

Unread postby Caradoc » 19 May 2008, 17:14

Very encouraging. Now I'm going to have to redownload the game onto my new PC.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 07 Jun 2008, 17:17

For those of you who may or may not have been following the progress of the HoMM 1-4 Campaign many of us have been working on, we are hoping for a release by mid June. The zipped file will be around 3.35 MB. This should take a week or 2 to play. We think.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 08 Jun 2008, 03:08

Fantastic idea...so I have H2 gold and H3 complete, should work for me right?

Unfortunately I only have H4 regular (and I don't know how to play it) maybe I should learn.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 08 Jun 2008, 04:27

It would be nice if you had H1 as well. And you will need WoG 3.58f. Also, you will need Equilibris too. With Equilibris, you should be able to play the WoW map. The maps can be played individually, of course, but you'll be losing a bit of the story that's contained in the map of the game(s) you may not have. There is also text included that connects one map to another. And it is strongly recommended that you read the text of each map before you play each game. Here's what you'll need to play the entire campaign:

HoMM 1 / Map 1 / Huge
HoMM 2 PoL or Gold / Map 2 / XL
HoMM 3 Shadow of Death / Map 3 / XL/U
HoMM 3 (Wake of Gods 3.58f) / Map 4 / XL/U
HoMM 4 Winds of War / Map 5 / XL/U
HoMM 4 Equilibris / Map 6/ XL/U

Again, you'll be able to play the maps individually with the game(s) you have. A Complete story documentaion with pictures will also be included in the final release. This will be handy for those who do not have all the HoMM games listed above but want to read the storyline and still wish to play the campaign maps they can.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

The Bright Future

Unread postby Artas1984 » 08 Jun 2008, 22:34

Kordine Isles - looks detailed and more less/realistic. So a girl made this map? How sweet.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Return to “News”