A good week for H3 players

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 02 May 2008, 08:27

H3 players have a good reason to be happy this week for all three newly uploaded maps are for this game.

First we have Demon Business by Potman. a nice M-sized SP map with a story.

Second is Xeron Lives by Jake Brutlag. This ain't really a new map since it was posted on old H3Trio site. Because of great design and a very good storyline, this map should find its way to your Hard Drive if it alredy didn't.

And last, but not least, is Tolkien’s Middle-Earth (Allies), created by Yurian Stonebow whom every member of the Round Table probably knows. I think most of you don't need a description since everyone knows about Tolkien's LotR and everyone who visits our forums know that this is one of most anticipated maps for H3.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1209716843
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 02 May 2008, 08:51

Pol and I would like to thank Yurian for allowing the HoMM3 Map Archives members to test his maps for him. His maps are nothing shorrt of spectacular, with him putting in endless corrections to make sure the map would be constantly playable. I can attest that these are not just "Pump a map Out" works. Evvery one who has tested his maps knows what I mean. Thanks again Yurian for letting us help you. And I hope we can continue helping you in the future projects you will have.

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 03 May 2008, 17:48

I wish to thank the MapArchives guys for their help with map testing and ideas how to improve the map. Especially ByteBandit and Pol deserve my special thanks for their good tips and most important, for bearing with me and my numerous small updates to the then upcoming map. Always a pleasure working with professional Heroes III experts. Also, let's not forget Muszka who was my loayl map tester and a source of good advice and innovative ideas. HodgePodge and some other folks too are to be mentioned here for their friendly comments and feedback.

Once again, thank you.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Vlaad II
Demon
Demon

Re: A good week for H3 players

Unread postby Vlaad II » 03 May 2008, 20:06

Akul wrote:...everyone who visits our forums know that this is one of most anticipated maps for H3.
There are, like, 20 H3 maps based on Tolkien. Another one was posted at HC just a week ago.
Cartographer - maps and mapmaking

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 03 May 2008, 20:41

It is not because it is a Tolkien map, but because I kept hearing about it in forums for days.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 03 May 2008, 21:31

What I find amazing, is that there are not a lot of King Arthur maps or (Gasp) Narnia maps...

Vokial
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vokial » 03 May 2008, 22:12

Yep and Vikings

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 03 May 2008, 22:17

Or Arhuria :D

Very few people know myths to the details, reading some (popular) book is easier. But myths are complex, game is not so much and thus that is setting the frame.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Sgt_BFG
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Sgt_BFG » 04 May 2008, 16:04

Sweet, some kick-ass new maps :)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: A good week for H3 players

Unread postby Muszka » 04 May 2008, 23:03

ByteBandit about Yurian Stonebow's maps wrote:His maps are nothing shorrt of spectacular, with him putting in endless corrections to make sure the map would be constantly playable. I can attest that these are not just "Pump a map Out" works. Evvery one who has tested his maps knows what I mean. Thanks again Yurian for letting us help you. And I hope we can continue helping you in the future projects you will have.
Fully agreed. No one could told it better.

And thanks for the kind words Yurian, it's a pleasure to work with you.

@Vokial
Yurian made a very good Viking map, not so long ago, if I remember correct.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 06 May 2008, 12:46

Muszka is right. I did make such a map last year. It is titled "Viking Invasion". The map is for the expansion Shadow of Death. You can download the regular version here at CH or contact me if you wish to play the limited special edition version. (the latter version is my top candidate for being renamed 1.2 and sent to the CH Staff in order to have it hosted in the CH map database)
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Dave_Jame
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Dave_Jame » 07 May 2008, 04:04

On the tolkien Map I couldnt understand why I cant play for Rohan and Iron Hills, And I didnt finde any Wolfs (I would Personaly use Hell Hounds in sted of rider not all wolfs hade riders)

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 May 2008, 11:39

I put the same question some time ago, but I realized, that the original idea was focused on the Elves and Humans, and the map has a bonus in the Tan player. That's much harder starting with only one castle, and close to Mordor.

As for the Wolfies, I agree Yurian in the solution he used. Hell Hounds just wouldn't fit. Those wolves had riders, both in the book and movie. And if I remember correct they had riders in the Hobbit too.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Return to “News”