New H3 & H4 maps

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby Akul » 12 Apr 2008, 18:11

Seems H3 and H4 maps are starting to appear in great numbers once again, which is great news for those who still have thiese two games installed on their PC's.

First one is "Dragon's Fate" by Jeff, an old H4 campaign but this time in different language. Thanks to Koni, a member of Round Table who offers to translate new and popular maps into German, some people will be able to play one of best H4 campaigns in their mother language.

By the way, if you have H4 and still didn't play "Dragon's Fate", then what are you waiting for? Download and play it! You won't regret it.

The next one is "In Deeps of Eternal Darkness", an H3 SP map made by Artas1984. Most of its battles are sea battles so it might prove to be an unique experience for some players. Also, different playstyle of two playable factions might be a good reason to play this map at least twice.

The third map is "Land of the Dead", an M-sized H4 map made by skiffer3 which has been in our testing section for a very long time and has finally been officialy released. Those who like to play in multiplayer shoudn't let this map go undownloaded.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1208023862
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Koni
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Koni » 13 Apr 2008, 10:03

Thanks for offering the German version, Akul. And there are some more marvellous campaigns (see Heroes IV Thread) which could be offered in German language in the CH mapssector as well. (but I don't "offer" to translate "new" campaigns, which I didn't manage to play myself.) :-D

Thelonious
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Thelonious » 13 Apr 2008, 13:01

It's good to see that there are still maps made for older games as well. That'll keep the people who don't have the latest games or pc's to run them entertained as well
Grah!

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 15 Apr 2008, 07:28

Not to mention that H3 is still easily the best game of the series! I've got all the Heroes games, but it's H3 and H2 that I play the most.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Re: New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Apr 2008, 07:58

Richard Hallas wrote:Not to mention that H3 is still easily the best game of the series! I've got all the Heroes games, but it's H3 and H2 that I play the most.
Yep. Yep. I just made a patchel of H4 maps recently, but I went back to playing H3 again. Not WoG, just SoD. I have even recently reinstalled my H2 again. Retro time! Both habitual as Hell! :D

BAD23ro

Unread postby BAD23ro » 15 Apr 2008, 16:26

I enjoy Wog :)
Last edited by BAD23ro on 19 Oct 2010, 22:43, edited 1 time in total.

Richard Hallas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby Richard Hallas » 15 Apr 2008, 19:20

Yes, I too prefer SoD (= H3 Complete) to WoG. WoG's brilliantly clever in terms of what's been achieved, but it doesn't feel quite right to me, and I prefer the authentic game.

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 15 Apr 2008, 20:51

I like WoG a lot, except that the last few SoD maps I converted to WoG I've played, have crashed on me and ticked me off. So, I went back to SoD. No matter how much WoG has been fixed, the game still crashes on certain SoD, AB and RoE maps for no explained reason. I firmly believe that WoG is not designed to be played with Roe, AB and SoD maps. Even though the disclaimor says you can. And WoG is alright with the RMG and WoG maps per se. But when you want to play an RoE, AB and SoD in WoG format, it's a crap shoot whether the game will crash or not. And I do have all the latest patches and whatnot. WoG can be balanced through selected options.
I can see where people who have never played H2 or H3 say that H4 is a great game. Other than that, it's far removed from them. I always go back to 2 or 3 after playing 4. I like a challenge! :D

LindaG
Scout
Scout

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby LindaG » 21 Apr 2008, 00:20

I'm glad to hear about the new maps. I play H3 and H4 pretty much exclusive, so thanks to all the map makers for their hard work! :)

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 21 Apr 2008, 16:24

I'm with LindaG here. I too, play Heroes III & Heroes IV almost exclusively; and even after all these years, I'm still enjoying those games because they'll always be classics. That goes for Heroes II too.

Thank you mapmakers for continuing to create maps and campaigns for these two magnificent games. :)
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 21 Apr 2008, 22:55

I would just like to offer a sincere, heartfelt thanks to all of the fans who contribute enormously to all the Heroes versions by taking the time and effort to create scenarios and campaigns. You have extended the enjoyment of the Heroes franchise for many years now and I truly appreciate your efforts. Please, please keep up the good work.

THANKS!

Yurian Stonebow
Archmage
Archmage

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby Yurian Stonebow » 22 Apr 2008, 08:13

I hope it is not considered shameless advertising to announce here in this news thread about one's own upcoming Heroes III maps. If it is, my apologies.

My map making schedule has moved another big step forward with "Tolkien's Middle-earth" now planned to be send to the CH staff by April 30th 2008. I'm also working on list of other maps too, including some historical maps. Please see Heroes I-IV forum for more info.
Don't worry if things are going badly today. They will be much worse tomorrow.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

New H3 & H4 maps

Unread postby Angelspit » 07 May 2008, 15:00

I removed the apostrophe from "Tolkien's Middle Earth" to prevent a little bug with the map search engine (the details could not be retrieved).
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “News”