Disciples 3 Almost Complete?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jan 2008, 18:33

wow, i think you just dethroned milla at "max hight passed over head"...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 30 Jan 2008, 03:57

You could be serious sometimes.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Jan 2008, 16:37

coz the internets iz serious business...

and sarcasm doesn't imply lack of seriousness... just of respect...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

WretchedGnu
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby WretchedGnu » 02 Feb 2008, 21:42

sorry, but D3 is not on the home stretch. They're still designing one of the game's 3 races (Empire)

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 10 Feb 2008, 03:26

I say, everyone who is whining about the fact that there are only going to be 3 races should shut up. Starcraft had 3 races too.

Just in case you decide you want to respond to that with "but there wasn't a prequel to Starcraft with 4 races", then I shall take the pre-emptive by continuing with "does it really matter?". The graphics are going to be freaking amazing and we know they haven't thrown any races out.

...and having less races in a game sure as hell didn't stop any of you from dropping Heroes 3 and picking up H4 or H5.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 10 Feb 2008, 09:22

Wow, great analysis. Starcraft had only 3 races also. Well then, maybe 2 is even better - less chances for bugs and errors.
I wouldn't respond that there wasn't a prequel to Starcraft with 4 races, but I could imagine responding there wasn't one with FIVE.
Pre-empting that with suggesting the graphics would be freakingly amazing, is a bit strange. Graphics are a matter of taste, AND we are talking about a STRATEGY game. I'd play a strategy game with good gameplay und sucky graphics any time, but certainly not the other way round.
In any case, since there ARE other races, especially IF the game is good the missing races will stand out for those who liked them. Not to mention the fact that 2 introduced a NEW one, which is something that would be nice as well. Which means, for the initial hope to maybe end D3 with 6 races, the fact that it starts out with only 3 is certainly an ill omen.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Feb 2008, 12:16

>>"but there wasn't a prequel to Starcraft with 4 races"<<
True... WC2 only had Orc Horde and Alliance...

But i don't mind 3 races if they already worked out at least conceptually how they're gonna add the remaining 2 in the magic system better then the Elves where in #2...

Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 06 May 2008, 04:45

Why you guys are making an analogy of SC/WC with Disciples? These are different type of games.

btw, i'm not whining about the amount of races. 3 is fine with me, as long as the gameplay is great. Everything else is a bonus :)

Return to “News”