Disciples 3 Almost Complete?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 23 Jan 2008, 22:15

After about one year without any significant news on Strategy First's latest game in the Disciples series, the new<a href="http://www.disciples3.ru">Disciples 3 website</a> contains a recent official news posting that suggests the game is almost finished! In a Blizzard-like move, the an official news posting from the creators unveil some interesting information about what the game will contain. Though the producers are enthusiastic about its completion, no mention is made of a concrete release date. While you are waiting for more news about Heroes 6 or Heroes Kingdoms, read what Strategy First has to say about their game's progress.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1201126527
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 24 Jan 2008, 03:11

Yea!!!! I'm so eager for this Disciples is my favorite game series ever! Sorry Heroes, you come in second.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Jan 2008, 03:16

I won't bite my fingernails because of the waiting, but I would lie if I say that I'm not interested.
Let's see what are they capable of...
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 24 Jan 2008, 03:35

Disciples 1 were great, D2 were more of the same. I hope D3 wont be. Even tho im seriously doubting i will like a game with 3 races....

archcorenth
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby archcorenth » 24 Jan 2008, 03:44

Disciples has more than 3 races. There are the elves and the greenskins for instance. It's just that it has 3 playable races.

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 24 Jan 2008, 06:15

You can make game with 30 races and bad gameplay, and you can make game with 3 races but outstanding gameplay. There are more things in game than simply number of races.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 24 Jan 2008, 06:58

Of course you can make as well an outstanding game with 30 races and a bad game with 3 races.
The fact that the number of starting races has been reduced from 4 to 3 doesn't guarantee that the gameplay will be outstanding.
ZZZzzzz....

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 24 Jan 2008, 07:35

Less races means more easy to make them unique and means more easy to balance them, so higher chances of better gameplay IMO.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 24 Jan 2008, 08:04

It just means you can make a safe guess regarding the expansion packs.

While this

viewtopic.php?t=7958

doesn't say much due to the low number of people that did vote up to now it's still an indication that the undead are among the favorite races in Disciples, and it's pretty inconceivable that they won't appear. So the other races will be there alright - which means yet another game which will feature a gold version that will be the real deal.
Edited on Thu, Jan 24 2008, 12:52 by Angelspit
ZZZzzzz....

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 24 Jan 2008, 11:59

Exactly what i was saying... we get half the game to begin with, then wait for the expansion packs to make the game it was suppose to be from start. Im getting tired of new games with less content than previous sequels. Im quite sure there will be less spells and less artifacts as well. Hope the new combat mode can make up for all of that.....

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 24 Jan 2008, 13:34

Well, it's a bit distant, but...
I had a teacher once who didn't liked the ''less content", I mean, that when someone had only 3 pages of homework, he always told, that "one can write a good analize with fewer words but it's less probable". And than for some reason he always gave a bad mark.
Now I don't say, that he was always right, but it's less probable to have a great game with 3 factions, than with 30 (8-12 is actuall more more realistic).
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 24 Jan 2008, 14:51

Depends on whether the designers put more work into the game. Fewer factions does in fact mean more time to devote to each. WC III only had 4, and it was a fantastic game. It pretty much depends on the developer in the end.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 24 Jan 2008, 16:11

Jolly Joker wrote:It just means you can make a safe guess regarding the expansion packs.

While this

viewtopic.php?t=7958

doesn't say much due to the low number of people that did vote up to now it's still an indication that the undead are among the favorite races in Disciples, and it's pretty inconceivable that they won't appear. So the other races will be there alright - which means yet another game which will feature a gold version that will be the real deal.

Not to defend it but i`d rather have such expanshions than Guardians of Light :disagree:
Edited on Thu, Jan 24 2008, 12:51 by Angelspit

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby MER » 24 Jan 2008, 16:15

I agree with Muszka and Moragauth. Less content doesn't mean worse quality, especially when talking about strategies. As a matter of fact the most successful and time-lasting games aren't the ones with much content in them but these that are carefully done to allow deep thinking and tactics/strategies. I read once a good description of such games - games that are easy to learn but hard to master.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 24 Jan 2008, 16:26

To Ya5MieL & JJ:

There are two kinds of Developers: those who believe expansions should be add-ons and those who think that expansions should finish the game.

Liked it or not, the second options is becoming more frequently used because in the same interval like the old games (because neither devs nor publishers and nor gamers like to wait for too long), you need to make a game that has better graphics then the old one, more features and better gameplay. Add to that that you need much more money then before to accomplish that, it is almost impossible for a medium level developers to release a game that has all features from the very beginning.

Giving expansions task of completing the game rather then just adding new, not-so-needed features enables developers to release a 75% completed game (thus menaging to meet the deadline) and/or get enough money to complete the game via expansions.

True, the community is enraged and game may loos on quality, but thats better then game getting canceled because of too long development (should the game be too long in making) or bankrupt (using more resources then you have and not menaging to meet the dealine ends in death as well).

I advice you to get used to it. Because of reasons above, this politic shall be practised more frequently.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 24 Jan 2008, 16:55

All I can say is that I'm perfectly okay with that.
In that case, however, like ir or not, developers better get used to more and more people waiting with their buy until the gold version comes out.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 24 Jan 2008, 17:54

While it's kinda crappy that they reduced the races to 3 from 4 i do prefer a new race with every expansion then what they did with GotL/SotD. And i'm hoping they planned the MC and UH before hand, i don't want them to seem as out of place like the Elves in RotE spellsystem-wise.

But i don't see how the game isn't finished without all the old races in it... remember the Swamp Town? Or the Tyranids if you're into DoW.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 24 Jan 2008, 20:03

While I am looking forward to this and will probably buy it the day it comes out, I am still annoyed at the playable race thing. I personally think it's going to get old quick if you don't have many options to choose from. Hopefully they do release a new faction (or two) with each expansion pack. Frankly, I don't want to wait 3 more years for a Gold edition (that's how long it was between D2 and D2 Gold) to give me everything that should have been in from the start.

Here's to hoping King's Bounty comes out soon as well as that is the one I am truly looking forward to.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 25 Jan 2008, 13:20

While i won't miss the Dwarfes from Disciples 2, the lack of an playable Undead faction really grieves me. I considered them the coolest incarnation of an undead race ever.... and played them much more than lets say legions of the damned.
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 25 Jan 2008, 15:31

I agree, the Dwarves were not my favourite either. The UH were great.

Return to “News”