Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2008, 14:29

TT: does that really qualify as a fight? I've seen much worse.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Jan 2008, 15:03

Angelspit wrote:TT: does that really qualify as a fight? I've seen much worse.
Oh c'mon, it may be that it's not war, but it a "gangfight". :)
Moragauth wrote:"The fact you say as long as you got your money you would not care about fans is an interesting insight."

In the la la land of simplistic game theory maybe. If Nival wants to keep making money, that isn't a very good way to do it.

Fact is, if you don't like the game, sell it and don't buy another thing from Ubi or Nival. I like the game, so I have no problem.
I see it as a good money making way, because I saw a lot of new people who bought the game because it's "nice and shiny", and the old fans bought the game in search of hope, or because of any other reason.

I like the game too, but some are don't and some old guys will leave, because they were ignored.
And that's sad. Don't you find it so?
Last edited by Muszka on 14 Jan 2008, 15:38, edited 1 time in total.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Unread postby MER » 14 Jan 2008, 15:15

It is sad that people here are fighting about something when the real people to blame sit in their companies' chairs, counting their profit and don't give a s**t about that.

It is sad that we see the whole magic of the HOMM universe falling apart due to never ending screw-ups from its owners/developers, even the community is tearing.

I'm done with H5 too, It's already clear to me that UbiVal are incapable of continuing the franchise as it should be, they can only disappoint the fans over and over.

Come to think of it, a few years ago, when no one knew that Ubi was getting the HOMM's rights and H5 was just a rumor, I all-heartedly hoped that the people to continue the game would be some of the great guys that made WoG or similar addons. These ppl really know what HOMM universe needs and obviously know how to do it. Alas, as always Mr. Money has the final word as always and coupled with Mrs Incompetence ruin everything they touch. IMHO, if Ubi learn their lesson and listen to their marketing and accounting departments less (highly unlikely), they can do smth good if they hire the WoG team to make H6 without intervening in their development in any way. These are only empty hopes I guess, but given the current situation only hopes are left ;(.

Just a little more day-dreaming ;) :

It'll be the happiest thing if I come here some day and see a big title: Ubi sold HOMM to Blizzard/Firaxis/WoG team or s.o. else who despite counting money knows what quality and community mean :).

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 14 Jan 2008, 15:16

Not at all. It's the way of things.
Moreover I may be mad, but certainly not at everybody, and I don't think that I oppose nearly everybody everytime. I do oppose posts and opinions, though, I do find wrong and have good reason to - in general I tend to explain my opinion and give reasons for them.
ZZZzzzz....

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jan 2008, 16:18

Angelspit wrote:>>TT: does that really qualify as a fight? I've seen much worse.<<

Meh, didn't bother to check out previous pages... but he called JJ "mad"... that's good enough for me.

MORTAL KOMBAT... FIGHT!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 14 Jan 2008, 18:31

@MER
Nice Dream. I had it once... but I don't beileve it may come true.
ThunderTitan wrote:but he called JJ "mad"... that's good enough for me.
I think you know that there is more than one meaning of "mad" :tired: .
Jolly Joker wrote:Not at all. It's the way of things.
Moreover I may be mad, but certainly not at everybody, and I don't think that I oppose nearly everybody everytime. I do oppose posts and opinions, though, I do find wrong and have good reason to - in general I tend to explain my opinion and give reasons for them.
Maybe I exagerated a bit, but I can't remember not even a single post of yours, where you were not arguing with somebody, or maybe that I wasn't active enough here.
But I never said that you do not reason your opinions, or those are wrong. Since good or bad are extremly relative, and mainly depend on the point of view. So opionions may oppose and still be correct.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 14 Jan 2008, 20:20

All i kniow is that if someone calls you mad you punch them in the face... because it's rude to prove them wrong...
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Kristo
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Kristo » 14 Jan 2008, 20:59

Ok kids, let's stop the meta-discussion right there. Back on topic.
Peace. Love. Penguin.

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 14 Jan 2008, 23:02

Est-il prévu de rendre plus accessible l'éditeur, d'améliorer son ergonomie ?

Malheureusement non, à court terme nous n’avons pas prévu d’update de l’éditeur. Cela sera peut-être à reconsidérer mais je n’ai pas eu beaucoup de retours de la communauté sur ce sujet.
Is it planned to make the editor easier to use; to improve its design?

Sadly, no. In the short term we have not planned an editor update. This could perhaps be reconsidered but I have not had a lot of returns from the community on this subject.

(Translation my own; emphasis added)

The subject to which he is referring is whether the decision not to update the editor should be reconsidered. If you want him to have feedback on whether they should reconsider that decision, you need to go give it to him.

The question becomes how precisely all the people who want them to reconsider the decision should give the feedback. If there's no method for such, he can hardly be surprised at not receiving it. :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Jan 2008, 03:09

Bandobras Took wrote:The question becomes how precisely all the people who want them to reconsider the decision should give the feedback. If there's no method for such, he can hardly be surprised at not receiving it. :)
Exactly. But how should we, I mean the community give the feedback? There's a ceirtan list, where to sign up, and to put our problems with the editor there? Or should we, and any other communities create one? And than someone could filter it. But would that be enough?
Or how else could we give that feedback, because the 'community leader' thing seemingly doesn't work, and now I didn't mean that the 'comm. leaders' are the ones to blame, or do they have any fault, or haven't they done all they could.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jan 2008, 09:01

Start a thread on every forum, and have someone draw his attention to each...

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Fabrice Cambounet Q&A

Unread postby Moragauth » 15 Jan 2008, 14:07

I'll keep my last thoughts on the matter silent, in order to avoid further sidetracking the topic.
Edited on Tue, Jan 15 2008, 09:12 by Moragauth

Return to “News”