Valeriy to Sfidanza: You're Fired!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 04 Jan 2008, 21:30

@Vlaad: Yeah, but I doubt CH was ever so money oriented (contracts, profits from publicity etc) as AoH is, so although I might not be aware of all the CH soap operas, I doubt any of them went as far as having ppl fired. At least I don't recall any since I joined CH in 2004.

As AS says, it's just a freakin' game. I like AoH for its look (a good part of it being sfidanza's credit if I'm not mistaken), but honestly my presence there was short because I was not really comfortable with how things were run. Too commercial for a fan site (see the profit from publicity), but then still not professional enough (see the way "Create a town for H5" was run and judged - maybe not as bad as Nival's, but still).

But maybe that's just my perception. On the positive side I appreciate though from Valera the fact that sfidanza did not receive a total ban, so he got the chance of passing by to at least say goodbye. One might ask what's so special about that. But I had it once that I received an unwarned total ban from another Heroes "forum". So no chance to even say goodbye to my friends there, nor even see the explanation the administrator gave for the banning (hence no chance of defending from whatever accusations). Maybe he knew I'm too nice of a guy to take revenge by making things public and took advantage of it... I don't know (I hope he knows). Anyway, sorry for going a bit off-topic, but being on a Heroes forum, and considering the situation, I couldn't avoid getting a flashback. :p
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 05 Jan 2008, 01:00

/mode #devteam +b sfidevelopper@AoH.com

Haha! I know why I left AoH when it was right time!

Good for you, sfidanza, you got away, now, too! =) (You should have left much earlier, though...)

I would so like to write more of my personal opinion about Valeriy, but I know I better shouldn't.

Go figure.

@Zamolxis:

1) Hi =)

2) "a good part of it being sfidanza's credit if I'm not mistaken" --> ALL of it! ^^
Edited on Fri, Jan 04 2008, 20:12 by Labyrinth
What the #$*! do we know?

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 05 Jan 2008, 13:20

Nothing wrong with it being a for-profit site... but then again, why should this matter to us? Things must be rather slow.
Edited on Sat, Jan 05 2008, 08:21 by Moragauth

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Jan 2008, 14:28

Sfidanza has arguably been the most productive fan site contributor of the Heroes V era (info, mods, news, he does everything) in addition to being a very nice guy (just read his classy, very diplomatic reaction to his "lay-off"). I think it's important to reflect on the events that happen in our community. Maybe the news are merely gossip, but in 2008 we'll need some filler news if we want to talk about anything at all.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 05 Jan 2008, 17:03

The important thing is that he'll keep contributing, even if to another HoMM site.

BTW, what is up with this thread - it is not visible in the News forum, I accessed it by following Angelspit's last post. ;|
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

lord_crusader
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lord_crusader » 05 Jan 2008, 18:24

well I think valeriy have the right of ask for a work that have been paid and with this payment was with the agreement of both sides... maybe sfianza is right on the matter of his work have a higher value... but if both sides comes to agreement on first place you must finish the work...

btw... lol zam =)
Edited on Sat, Jan 05 2008, 13:28 by lord_crusader
yay :)

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 05 Jan 2008, 23:13

The money that is officially the reason is way less than monthly salary of a qualified software engineer in New Zeeland and France if I am not mistaken. To sell friendship for that money... ok, tastes differ and so do people. Since I love conspiracy theories and reading Laby's post and reminding some other experiences, I would expect the disagreements to go beyond that money. :p Anyway, I hope the broke up does not let the disagreements to escalate even more and was the right decision. I am sure, at least Sfidanza will do fine without AoH. Dunno about sfidanzaless AoH. *grin* :)

Although many probably do not get the full meaning of this event, it may/does influence the community quite a bit. On the other hand, I hope that there is no need for this type of news items in the future.

@Morgauth. While making profit is everyones right, not every method for making it is acceptable to everyone.

Return to “News”