Heroes III Sound Fix

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby protecyon » 04 Jan 2008, 04:27

Some people have been having sound problems with Ubisoft's release of Heroes III Complete Edition. Thanks to the work of Narzoul these issues have apparently been fixed.

If you're one of the people who have been experiencing distortion/noise in Ubisoft's Heroes III Complete you can try out the fix <a href='https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm3/ ... p'>here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1199420878

ByteBandit
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby ByteBandit » 04 Jan 2008, 04:54

I have Heroes 3 Complete and Heroes Platinum, both by 3DO. But I'm curious. Are the music files for H3 by Ubisoft still in MP3 format? I just want to know in case I may have to purchase it at a later date.

Artas1984
Assassin
Assassin

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby Artas1984 » 04 Jan 2008, 09:36

Wow, i have H3 Coplete, but never could imagine one could be released from UBI. Platinum? Never heard of such.
Heroes franchise was not about the free actions of Heroes or monsters, it was not about 3D of shiny graphics either, it was about diversity and balance, simplicity of gameplay and realistic picture, strategy in it's purest form. That's why Heroes 3 will be the greatest game of all, because only Heroes 3 has all those qualities together, no matter which one you personally like more. This statement is unquestionable, uncriticized and undeniable .

Metathron
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Metathron » 04 Jan 2008, 12:39

Now if only the HoMM II opera problems could be fixed as well. *sigh*
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.

Narzoul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby Narzoul » 04 Jan 2008, 14:17

Hmm... Protecyon forgot to mention that this fix also turns mono music playback into stereo. Also, the fix probably works with any versions of Heroes III, not just the Ubisoft Complete one. (Haven't tested.)

Anyway, check this thread for details/updates:

viewtopic.php?t=8031

(Heroes I-IV -> Heroes III Sound Fix)

To ByteBandit: Yes, it still has MP3 music files.

Edited on Fri, Jan 04 2008, 09:18 by Narzoul

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby Guarderman » 05 Jan 2008, 08:06

Does anyone have a music fix for HoMM 1? it is only sound efffects that works to me:(

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 05 Jan 2008, 10:30

You could be having wrongly specified IRQ or DMA value. (assuming we are talking about DOS version). If in dosbox check what values it's trying to emulate from its starting window and ensure that the same are in the game.

As for the windows version (as I heard) you can receive a message on first run that the music was configured to 8 bit mono. However next time it should run, so here will be probably switch in the game cd stereo/mono. And sort of generic, you may also check for disable cd rom drive digital audio, especially if you haven't the cable. :D

The discussion about h3 sound fix continues here.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Narzoul
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby Narzoul » 08 Jan 2008, 20:37

NOTE: The fix has been updated. Please re-download it and update your installation. See the relevant forum thread for update instructions and discussion here.

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes III Sound Fix

Unread postby Guarderman » 14 Jan 2008, 17:36

Aargh, now, HoMM 2 music don't work either:( I have HoMM 1 win version and it didn't work Pol

Return to “News”