HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 17 Dec 2007, 10:23

Especially because it doesn't shows any picture from the game itself. But there are a few shots in the tutorial section.

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Re: HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby vulnevia » 17 Dec 2007, 10:28

Ravenheart87 wrote:Especially because it doesn't shows any picture from the game itself. But there are a few shots in the tutorial section.
I think tutorial is a funny name for a few in game-pictures... Ubisoft is crazy :devious:

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 17 Dec 2007, 10:32

Tutorial isn't for showing pictures, but there ARE pictures too.

Of course the tutorial won't say too much about the game mechanics. Yes, UbiSoft IS crazy...:)

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 17 Dec 2007, 11:12

Guys, guys, that's a TEASER site! What kind of an in-game trailer do you expect from a browser game anyway? More screenshots, clicks and loading screens?

The real site probably will open soon with a lot more info to follow. You're too harsh about a game you even have no slightest idea how good or bad it will be. Give them time.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 17 Dec 2007, 12:55

Well, my brother will probably be happy. He likes playing online things like that.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

davhey
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby davhey » 17 Dec 2007, 13:39

Me - I'll take a wait and see approach. Not too excited so far, but there might be more to this. More heroes is always better.

Still, I knew what the tone of most of the comments would be before I read them. Optimism would find no home here.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 21 Dec 2007, 09:26

Cost = everything.

I doubt they could get away with charging for something like this.

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby 1979 » 22 Dec 2007, 22:08

Sounds interesting; if it's free I'll certainly give it a try.

iltimido
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby iltimido » 29 Dec 2007, 20:53

I hope it is written in flash! :D

MER
Peasant
Peasant

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby MER » 03 Jan 2008, 17:14

those f*cking greedy Ubi son-of-a-b*tches. They take a good title, break it up and make whole lot of crap out of it. First a half-done H5, then selling the rights for a silly MMOG, and now a stupid browser game. Next they'll be making a Heroes Tetris.

Instead of taking one title and polishing it to perfect (like the real pros do - Blizzard, Firaxis, etc.) they want to grab what they can leaving only sh*t behind.

3DO did similar crap, Ubi doesn't fall behind. At least 3DO didn't go so far.

I already see the whole HOMM universe falling apart :@.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 03 Jan 2008, 17:22

"At least 3DO didn't go so far. "

Really? They bought the cheapest FPS engine, and made a sh*t M&M9, and a terrible CS-clone called Legends of M&M. They didn't go so far? I don't think so.

UbiSoft did it too, but at least Dark MEssiah wasn't sooo bad. Neither Hereos5, but it's a different game now.

Ubi did the same with the Warlords title. Tetris of M&M? Well, after Puzzle Quest, it's possible.:)

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 03 Jan 2008, 17:25

Oh... An online Warlords is under development too. Interesting news...

MER
Peasant
Peasant

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby MER » 03 Jan 2008, 17:32

Emm, besides Heroes I've only played M&M, I've only heard of the other titles. But it is disappointing how a game with so much potential and unique gameplay taken so poorly by its developers :(

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 03 Jan 2008, 17:37

I can understand you. But HeroesV is much better, than no more Heroes at all. I'm looking forward for the sixth episode. Until that, I'll have enough time to finish ToE.:)

xerobull
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby xerobull » 15 Jan 2008, 02:45

I'm betting that this is a micro-transaction game in the vein of Travian or Oil Empires...and those games are fantastic fun. Based on this assumption: The 'catch' is that if you pay a donation, you get access to elite units or higher production. For example, you will only be able to access lv 1-6 units without a donation, and with you get level 7 units. You can certainly play and compete without paying, but you have to be good. And believe me, there is plenty of strategy...just different than what you're used to. (again, all speculation)

I really, really want to play this game. Where can I get Complete in the U.S.? I'll buy it for the key alone. Any idea when the beta starts?

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 15 Jan 2008, 03:16

xerobull wrote:I really, really want to play this game. Where can I get Complete in the U.S.? I'll buy it for the key alone. Any idea when the beta starts?
Hmm hmm... It's really hard to get HoMM Complete in the States. Someone also wanted to get, and somebody even gave him some advice, but I can't remember in which thread it was. Search the threads.
Good luck for it, and HoMM Complete. (You'll need it)
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 16 Feb 2008, 12:26

Hi, I want to play hommkingdoms. So I went to the site to log in, but you have to make a ubisoft acount first. I tried to do this, but he keeps telling me 'you have entered invalid information' everytime I press submit for the password I want to use. I've tried several, but everytime he says, 'you've entered invalid information'. Anyone who knows what I'm doing wrong?

Guarderman
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

HoMM Kingdoms Announced

Unread postby Guarderman » 16 Feb 2008, 17:32

No, i don't know, but Hommkingdoms aren't released yet. Not even the beta. the beta is soon(i hope) so you will only have access to it with Homm complete or ubi may choose you

HOMMV_N00B
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby HOMMV_N00B » 16 Feb 2008, 22:59

If you just go to hommkingdoms.com, it doesn't say you can't play it. It just says it's still a beta version.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 17 Feb 2008, 22:10

Have they already relased the Beta? 8|
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Return to “News”