Heroes VI in development ?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 13 Dec 2007, 00:50

Finally, logical explanation. Now I really would like to hear arthurchix's reasons and logic.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Dec 2007, 18:51

Hmm so they have kicked out the crappy ones and now want fresh, creative blood and brains? Someone from the fanscare should really consider this!

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Re: Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby arturchix » 19 Dec 2007, 20:26

Lord_Haart wrote: I'd say HoMM6 is unlikely, it's too soon.
The fact that Nival right now is looking for staff to work on a game in HoMM world (unless it will be Might and Magic of Heroes of Might and Magic ;) ) doesn't necessary mean Heroes VI will be released in 2008 or 2009. So it's not too soon to work on Heroes VI - it's possible Nival started to work on Heroes VI even earlier.

If Ubisoft will ever consider to work on MMX, I don't think Nival would be up for the task. It's possible that Ubisoft is hesitating to work on MMX because all M&M games are party-based. To attract new players, the traditional and unappealing M&M combat has to be radically changed (take Oblivion or Dark Messiah combat as an example) and I don't see how they are going to do it, except reducing the character party (a core element of the M&M series) to a single character. Can you imagine a party of four characters in a Dark Messiah combat, in turn based mode each kicking in turn? :D

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 20 Dec 2007, 15:54

The majority of most games(if they are not rushed) generally take 2 years at least to be designed. That does not include beta testing, which can tack on another 6 months to a year. (I am not including sports games, which come out every year in this.)

So, it's safe to say that Naval isn't going to be rushing anything.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Orfinn » 30 Dec 2007, 21:00

And they shouldnt! And great games needs at least 2.5 or more years in developement, even then its not granted that they hold up...thanks to some publishers rush hours...

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 30 Dec 2007, 22:22

Much like Starcraft 2. Blizzard isn't going to be rushing that one.

Return to “News”