Heroes VI in development ?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Akul » 06 Dec 2007, 15:14

To TT:

Hydras have been in that city in H1, H2, H4 and now in H5. Only H3 broke the tradition.

To Ravenheart87:

Tradition? This city changed the most in the series:

H1&2 - evil wizards

H3 - evil wizards who live underground (the fact that they have gone underground made a GREAT difference)

H4 - A city where the junk of the world live

There is no problem with making H5 Dungeon a Dark Elven city. They are now Evil wizards who live underground, made junk of the world by their 'good' bretheren and are now elves. In fact, when I think more about it, they Ubival united all Dungeons into one faction.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 06 Dec 2007, 15:45

Sure, you're right. dungeon/asylum changed a lot. But it was always the home of evil wizards, and cruel beast, always had minotaurs, and dragons, and most of the time, hydras too. I'm not agains the dark elves. Really, I like them - but I miss some creatures, and I would change some of the new units, and I'm a bit against copying so much from Warhammer.

I suppose rampart/preserve/sylvan changed more... Even their hero changed from sorceress to ranger, during the years, not to speak about their line up. Stronghold changed even more - why are ogres called slayer?:) And where are my behemoths, thunderbirds, trolls, wolf riders?

I suppose fortress changed the most.XD

A M&MX, which is not first person?! Now that would be bigger heresy, than leaving the dragons out from Dungeon repertoire.:D

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 06 Dec 2007, 17:28

"A M&MX, which is not first person?! Now that would be bigger heresy, than leaving the dragons out from Dungeon repertoire."

**** it would. First person view ishn`t "must have" for MMX. "MM" effect was made from many parts :) not only first person view.
Edited on Thu, Dec 06 2007, 13:32 by Angelspit

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 06 Dec 2007, 18:37

First: M&M is one of the grandfathers of first person roleplaying games.

Second: Putting it into third person or isometric view, is like making an FPS from pacman.

Thrid: You see, I used a smiley too. So I'm not taking it too seriously.:)

Still, I would be diasappointed to see a M&M which is not first person, and/or party based. But I'm sure Nival is making HoMM6. I just know it.:D

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 06 Dec 2007, 19:22

>Speaking of which, I wonder where Zoop has gone. I took that name from him like 6 years ago.

Didnt 3DO get rid of him? Pretty sure Sir Charles would know.

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes VI in Development?

Unread postby Muszka » 06 Dec 2007, 19:34

arturchix wrote:
Muszka wrote:
arturchix wrote:It's not MM10.
Lord_Haart wrote:It's MMX.

I just know it.

Really.
Is there somewhere a noname insider, or why are you that sure?
Dang, it's not MM10, I'm telling you.:rofl:
Is the word of one from the CH staff against the of a respected RT Knight. For my eye this is somewhere equal. But since it can be both games, than at least one of you knows something exact. I suppose that noone of you would tell anything, so I think we should keep guessing for a while.

As for the double topic, I don't care for any changes that much, I only need the Black Dragons as a top lvl unit and the Forgotten Behemots.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 06 Dec 2007, 19:35

Akul wrote:>>Hydras have been in that city in H1, H2, H4 and now in H5. Only H3 broke the tradition.<<
And H3 was the only one with the Swamp town...

What i meant is that Swamp and Dungeon have always (once, but whatever) had overlaps, so she makes no sense...

Ravenheart87 wrote:>>H5 Dungeon truly reminds me Warhammer dark elves. <<
I already made a nice thread about that: viewtopic.php?t=6952&start=0
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Dec 2007, 01:07

Didn't the original post say that Nival were looking for people to work on a Heroes of might and magic game? That should put and end to the mm 10 speculation right there.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 07 Dec 2007, 01:14

"work on AAA project in HMM universe"

The universe is HMM. But they can still create a real time strategy too. A Total War-like M&M strategy would be like a dream. Still, I don't think Ubi changed his mind about M&MX.

Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but, what is an "AAA project"? Never heard this expression before.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 07 Dec 2007, 01:19

Ravenheart87 wrote: real time strategy too. A Total War-like M&M strategy would be like a dream.
Not for me. If it goes real time I'm out. And no bs about the later mm rpg's being real time because they ain't.

Yeah, kudos for wanting to hire an AI programmer.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 07 Dec 2007, 06:59

Well, in TW the strategic map was turn based, the battle were real time, but yo could always pause - so it wasn't that bas. But what I really liked about that game was the numbers... If you had 1000 gothic knights, you saw 1000. Ans the frame rate didn't drop seriously, until you zommed in fully into a massacre.

HeroesV? Showing ten or more units on the battlefield (which is at least ten times smaller than in Medieval2:TW) can cause some problems to your PC.

It would be thrilling, seeing onehundre titans throwing thunders at their enemies. Well, in M&M7, I saw something like that.:)

"Yeah, kudos for wanting to hire an AI programmer."

Heroes6: the first Heroes game including AI!:D

Muszka
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Muszka » 07 Dec 2007, 09:15

PhoenixReborn wrote:Didn't the original post say that Nival were looking for people to work on a Heroes of might and magic game? That should put and end to the mm 10 speculation right there.
Valid point. But I didn't saw Lord_Haart that much on these forums, so his post is worth something. Than we shouldn't forgot about arturchix, who is a CH staff. So that's another worthful post.

I've decided not to get far away with H6 or M&MX, 'til someone did't brings here some stable info.
"Rage against the system, the system, what kills the human spirit."

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 07 Dec 2007, 23:46

Ravenheart87 wrote:"work on AAA project in HMM universe"

Erm, maybe I'm stupid, but, what is an "AAA project"? Never heard this expression before.
A "AAA" title usually refers to a title in an established series. (for example, a platforming Mario game or a Zelda game would be AAA titles from Nintendo; Halo 3 was a AAA for Microsoft, etc.)

In this context, it implies that it will be a title in an established Might and Magic series, so it will either be HoMM6, MM10, or DMoMM2. It will not be a new genre. It also means that it (should be) well funded, as AAA games are supposed to be cream-of-the-crop flagship titles, and no company wants to kill of a successful franchise (we would think).

Daystar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Daystar » 08 Dec 2007, 20:16

"real time strategy too. A Total War-like M&M strategy would be like a dream. "

Agreed. I hope it takes a leaf out of Age of Empires 2 or Age of Mythology, best city build styles.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 10 Dec 2007, 13:35

@Qurqirish Dragon : Thanks for enlightement. Knowing Nival, and UbiSoft, I'm sure it'll be HeroesVI.

Still I hope there's a M&MX under development in one of the dark pits of UbiSoft.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Dec 2007, 15:45

Well, maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll make Crusaders of Might and Magic 2. Who needs a good plot, likeable characters, exciting environments, good gameplay, etc, when you have a boomerang axe?
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Ravenheart87
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ravenheart87 » 10 Dec 2007, 16:59

Hmm, you're right. What about a Legends of M&M 2? Who want's to play Counter Strike with terrorists and CT-s, if you can play it with knights, wizards, swords and bows?

Oh my god, it's just like DMoMM multiplayer!:D

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 10 Dec 2007, 21:49

Omega_Destroyer wrote:Well, maybe we'll all get lucky and they'll make Crusaders of Might and Magic 2. Who needs a good plot, likeable characters, exciting environments, good gameplay, etc, when you have a boomerang axe?
I thought they already made that game a year and a half ago or so??? :D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Daystar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Daystar » 11 Dec 2007, 12:15

Nice.

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 12 Dec 2007, 18:27

Ok - I should clarify.

Sorry if I've built up hopes. I have no connection with Ubisoft. I was a big time poster on the old Round Table forums, so I have an affinity with the series, and even though I don't post these days I follow it closely. My comment that I was sure the new series was MMX was based on speculation, and a strong feeling I have that Ubi would feel more comfortable with a tried+true IP (IP = Intellectual Property = Series) than on something completely new.

So far, there is very little to tell us what the new series will be, but we can safely rule out an MMO since one is being made, and rule out FPS game like Dark Messiah since that IP is still in it's initial stage (they won't start on another while it is currently being ported to consoles). I'd say HoMM6 is unlikely, it's too soon. So we are left with only a few major genres; RTS or RPG. It could be something a little different from these, but I'd say MMX has a chance. It will indubitably be a different creature from it's past incarnations, however. But as long as it keeps the core, it's all good.

Return to “News”