Spells And Magic Schools

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
pppppp
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby pppppp » 01 Feb 2006, 16:45

40 spells. No new spells. Buff !!! Bad work. Blind has no a limit in turns ?? We return to the errors of MM3 and there is nothing new.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Feb 2006, 17:25

Ah,but there are new spells!Those spikes or thorns or whatever theyre called and summon creature :D

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 01 Feb 2006, 18:51

I like them. They seem to be both simple and effective. The spellbook in previous titles was always filled up with useless spells; air shield, disrupting ray, sacrifize, visions, to name a few. But many of the useless spells are here as well, but they will not clutter your spellbook now:) The never-use-spells in heroes 3&4 was really just buffers, though, so you didn't JUST get good spells. Which is a good thing.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 01 Feb 2006, 18:52

Perhaps your mage guild should REALLY RESEARCH spells! With risks of getting nothing at all...Meaning, that there would be a chanse of getting empty mageguild slots. Failed spell research...And each spell cost an increasing sum of resources. That would Balance alot! Especcially summoning magic.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Feb 2006, 19:06

Visions useless? :|

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 01 Feb 2006, 21:10

you should be able to estimte battle outcomes after playing heroes close to nine years, I mean/:)

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 01 Feb 2006, 21:16

Not everyone's been playing for 9 years you know... ;)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 01 Feb 2006, 21:41

Besides, the ranges are large enough that getting precise knowledge might be lifesaving.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 10:53

Yes, perhaps in multiplayer that knowlegde could be crucial. Nevertheless, you will always have an idea of the opponent's strength, and your own, by counting possible week growth. General rule: let your scouts test the enemy:)

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 02 Feb 2006, 11:36

Hmm. If the choice is between spending 4 mana or 2500 gold and a hero, I think I'll go with the mana...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 11:49

But your scout will die on a scouting mission anyway. He will explore until he is destroyed by the enemy. Then you see the army. Besides, if play without bothering to cast visions, I think you build up gut feels, and they are as good as visions. Often better. How can you convert pictures/jpg's to avatars? I want to shed the peasant-skin...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 12:09

Air Shield was a great spell necessary against ranged troops, it saved me alot of times when I had trouble reaching the enemys ranged units.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 12:23

If you have air shield, you have haste. and hste gets you quick enough over the battlefield. If you waste one round with air shield, you will have one round extra of missile punishment. It really is much the same, but haste is more efficient. It would be fun to multiplay with someone, but my network always collapses on gamespy... Are there other ways?

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 12:32

And forgetfulness is a must. If you are up against anything that can withstand mass forgetfulness, then you're up against titans, or liches, and you're dead without an incredible army. And then haste, slow, are much more important. When you have closed, air shield loses it's efficiency. Ergo, stone skin, shield are better protective spells!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 12:33

Gamespy is for me worthless when playing games, it would be best if Ubi and Nival had their own network servers, public and dedicated. I have experience with other games where there wasnt any servers from the developers themself but playermade servers which sucks big time because of lag, hacking etc

Sry a bit off-topic -_-

So instead of quicksand we get stone spikes? Hmm i bet thats a fair trade. Still including quicksand would also be welcome, it was very useful on battlefields with alot of obstackles, forcing melee troops to attack in a single line.
Edited on Thu, Feb 02 2006, 05:35 by Orfinn

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 12:52

Are you from Norway, Orfinn?

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Orfinn » 02 Feb 2006, 13:05

Yes and so what?

Keep on the topic ;)

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Cleanpea » 02 Feb 2006, 19:18

stone spikes looks interesting! The spells I called useless, are of course not useless, but doesn't fit my rather crude playing-style. Sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings:) I'm from Norway to, Orfinn! Are there any reliable heroes-servers at all, or what? Where in Norway? Bergen? The new spellsystem looks promising!

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Orfinn » 03 Feb 2006, 07:20

@Cleanpea.

Im from sør-trøndelag. Reliable servers???? Man the MP in H3 and H4 arent worth a thing! I really hope they make the multiplayer very good and keep gamespy out of it!!!!

Xander
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Spells And Magic Schools

Unread postby Xander » 04 Feb 2006, 00:57

Im from Norway too ;)

Return to “News”