Heroes V Has Been Saved

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 30 Jan 2006, 23:06

Congratulations are in order, methinks!!

This is wonderful news!

And whether or not the petition and the news boycott is the reason for the delay, a HUGE BIG THANKS goes out to Angelspit and all the other admins and dedicated fans who have invested much time and effort on all our behalfs!

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Jan 2006, 23:07

ThunderTitan wrote: There are less loud ways to make people talk. Like braking in their homes in the middle of the night, gaging them and draging them to the middle of the forest, then proceding to bury them alive for an hour or two. After that there ain't nothing that they won't tell you.
Bah,to much work.God invented explosives,so the walls dont have to be torn apart brick by brick :devil:

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 30 Jan 2006, 23:23

Sorry but I still can't see what the title takes the info from: H5 has not been saved, it has been delayed.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Rhutobello » 30 Jan 2006, 23:42

Wildbear at 2006-01-30 16:23 wrote:

Sorry but I still can't see what the title takes the info from: H5 has not been saved, it has been delayed.

True, but one titlle must man have, why not brag a bit with that one:)

Hopefully programmers live up to the hope!

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 31 Jan 2006, 00:32

Wildbear wrote:Sorry but I still can't see what the title takes the info from: H5 has not been saved, it has been delayed.
I agree - the title maybe is a bit premature. Time will have to tell whether anything was actually saved. But certainly the game can't turn out worse.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 00:35

Corribus wrote:
Wildbear wrote:Sorry but I still can't see what the title takes the info from: H5 has not been saved, it has been delayed.
I agree - the title maybe is a bit premature. Time will have to tell whether anything was actually saved. But certainly the game can't turn out worse.
We can only hope

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 31 Jan 2006, 01:11

Tzar wrote:This must be first time ever i see people cheering when a game is being delayed :)
Agreed.

However, do we really want anything close to the H4 lauch again? :disagree:
Hell has frozen over...

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 31 Jan 2006, 04:04

OK, I relent - it seems that the NSA worked, but my concern was more about how that will influence our relationship with Ubisoft and Nival. We need to be extra-nice to them now, and help see them through the next few/several months :)

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Derek » 31 Jan 2006, 04:56

Lord_Haart wrote:OK, I relent - it seems that the NSA worked, but my concern was more about how that will influence our relationship with Ubisoft and Nival. We need to be extra-nice to them now, and help see them through the next few/several months :)
They'll get more than that if they release a great game. Heroes V, as pointed out by some, has the potential to revive the series. Let us hope that they make good on this delay and actually "save" HOMM.
Hell has frozen over...

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Orfinn » 31 Jan 2006, 06:43

Ah! This is great news, great that so many signed we can make a difference! And finally we can enjoy the latest info about this spectacular promise of a game =D

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby hahakocka » 31 Jan 2006, 14:38

Posted Tue January 31 2006 04:14

http://forum.nival.com/rus/showthread.p ... 701&page=3

As Elle said Nival won't change battlefield size. Also interface won't be changed (except maybe towns). Additional time will be spent for polishing and fixing bugs ONLY. So saviors, did you really "save" Heroes or maybe you just pushed release date and reduced number of patches. Wink

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

So this can may be a bad cause :((( I want larger battlefields just a bit larger ones.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 Jan 2006, 15:26

hahakocka wrote:"As Elle said Nival won't change battlefield size. Also interface won't be changed (except maybe towns). Additional time will be spent for polishing and fixing bugs ONLY. So saviors, did you really "save" Heroes or maybe you just pushed release date and reduced number of patches. Wink
"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..................................

DIE NIVAL DIE!

Oh c'mon what's the point of having that damn tiny BF? If they really want to speed up the combat they can just give the creatures more speed. Stupid idiotic moronic small BF.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 20:21

hahakocka wrote: As Elle said Nival won't change battlefield size. Also interface won't be changed (except maybe towns). Additional time will be spent for polishing and fixing bugs ONLY. So saviors, did you really "save" Heroes or maybe you just pushed release date and reduced number of patches. Wink
Haha!Saved the heroes,have we?You know,there is a saing that goes "first leap and than say hopp"(sorry I dont know the english version of it,or maybe I do but cant remember right now).

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 31 Jan 2006, 20:28

I think it's "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Jan 2006, 20:34

theLuckyDragon wrote:I think it's "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."
Yes,thats the one!Thanks my other self

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Orfinn » 01 Feb 2006, 08:31

Wont change? Wont change? What are they thinking, we didnt sign the petition and demanded the game to be delayed, only for fixing bugs but also for the overall quality of the game including gamplay fixes too like bigger battlefield, name, color and look changes on creatures, working on the camara angles in the towns interaction screens and many other things in serious need to be corrected until the final realese date.
Edited on Wed, Feb 01 2006, 01:34 by Orfinn

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 01 Feb 2006, 08:38

Orfinn wrote:Wont change? Wont change? What are they thinking, we didnt sign the petition and demanded the game to be delayed, only for fixing bugs but also for the overall quality of the game including gamplay fixes too like bigger battlefield, name, color and look changes on creatures, working on the camara angles in the towns interaction screens and many other things in serious need to be corrected until the final realese date.
Edited on Wed, Feb 01 2006, 01:34 by Orfinn
It was all just a marketing scheme to make people to beg for the delay.This way they can always say that its not their fault that the game got delayed but that we wanted it.

But look at the bright side:SF will be cracked earlier and ubi will loose more money.Serves them right!

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby NurDas » 01 Feb 2006, 22:24

Good news. Let's hope for the best. Don't lean back though, it's not over yet.
"Modernism is a totalitarian ideology."
- L. Krier

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 03 Feb 2006, 17:01

theLuckyDragon wrote:I think it's "Don't count your chickens before they're hatched."
Actually, I think it's "Don't count your girlfriends before they've met."

:hoo:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Cleglaw
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Heroes V Has Been Saved

Unread postby Cleglaw » 08 Feb 2006, 11:38

pff... ):

Return to “News”