GameSpot Gives Tribes a 5.5

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Ar.Pi
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Ar.Pi » 23 Oct 2007, 12:46

well what do you expect from Gayspot? They are a bunch of Console fan boys. All their reviews are lower for PC games than other sites but if Heroes 5 would be on console they would just relish to play it on their couch with their dumb controller.

Fat *******s!

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 24 Oct 2007, 05:04

>This reminds me of the controversy with 1up.com and their review of Neverwinter Nights 2.

What controversy with NWN2? Giving them a high score? Well, NWN2's a piece of garbage.

admira99
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby admira99 » 25 Oct 2007, 10:58

My review for ToE? The first time I get into several minutes of the game and playing prologue, my first thought is "If only the first two edition on HV is as good as this one", much are improved, voice act is not lame anymore and anyone feels free to kill me but I have to say it, "ToE has the feel of old heroes games, while maintaining a new contents flawlessly". It has the old Heroes addiction feel that will make you play for "one more turn". I rarely write comments but for today, I feel the need to tell my thought.

As for Gamespot? Well imagine if a soccer player has to review a chess game. They will not understand the basic idea how to make chess playing more fun and 'smart'. Well, Brett Todd is a soccer player that reviewing a chess game that is HV: ToE.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 25 Oct 2007, 21:59

NWN 2, more or less, yes. NWN 2's expansion is great though.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 26 Oct 2007, 17:45

For me, part of the fun is figuring out how to play with the new features. I expect it to be hard at first so it will still be challenging once I get up to speed. In many ways this is like a whole new game.
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

SirAlan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby SirAlan » 28 Oct 2007, 23:39

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The best thing since H3. Hi there everyone btw...it's been a while ;-). A real challenge!

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 29 Oct 2007, 00:09

@SirAlan: Welcome to the forums! ;)
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Return to “News”