News Supression Pact

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Lomedae
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Lomedae » 29 Jan 2006, 16:24

This is the biggest nonsense I've seen in ages.

And to think I once respected this site.

By going along with the crackpots and children Celestial Heavens has shown that it is just another immature kiddie-project.

BAH.

You all are have already done more harm to the credibility of the HOMM community than any premature HV could have done.

A hypothetical premature HV, as ubi did not have the game on the release shcedule for march for some time.

Yeah, this all will really make sure next Heroes version will also have an open beta. Well done.
Edited on Sun, Jan 29 2006, 09:25 by Lomedae

Xsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Xsi » 29 Jan 2006, 16:32

"Gimme what I want, NOW!!!

No this is all wrong, it's quite the opposite: Gimme what I want, when it's READY!!!"

It was in reference to the cry out for a postponed release date.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 29 Jan 2006, 16:35

not to sound like an elitist but it seems like those bashing this idea the most have very few posts on this site. whether this means they are new to this site and this site only or if it means that they aren't frequent posters in the hommunity is yet to be revealed.

but it seems like bashers have these arguments:

waah waah, babies. waah waah waah, I need my fix. boohoohoo, I can't play open beta. :baby:

for the love of god can't you see that the game is in a very poor shape? if you can't see it (read: can't play the game) then can't you just trust us who can see the game? what's wrong with the consumers taking an active role and affecting the game developing process in a direction THEY SEE FIT since THEY ARE THE ONES PAYING FOR THE GODDAMN GAME?

I won't pay for a half-assed game. never ever. I want to pay for Heroes 5. it's not a hard equation. now if only I could find someone with valid arguments against this news suppression pact..

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jan 2006, 16:39

This doesnt sound productive to me at all.So whats next?Death letters again?Come on people!I dont know if I can stress this enough,but IT IS JUST A VIDEO GAME!!

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby NurDas » 29 Jan 2006, 16:39

Another aspect that FoxHero brought out in the official forums is that Ubisoft wasn't given enough time to respond the savheroes.org petition. So "Gimme what I want, NOW!!!" applies.
"Modernism is a totalitarian ideology."
- L. Krier

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: News Supression Pact

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Jan 2006, 16:44

Lomedae wrote:You all are have already done more harm to the credibility of the HOMM community than any premature HV could have done.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. We don't have credibility. There isn't even a scale. We're customers. You don't go into a store and the salesperson says, "I'm sorry sir. You don't have enough credibility with us to shop here. Good day." If you have money, they want to do business. If you go into a store and say, "This place is filthy. I will not shop here until it's cleaned up!" and you walk out, the store may do nothing. But if a 100 people walk in and say that, the owner doesn't say, "Well these people have no credibility with me any more. I will not sell to them." No, he goes out and buys a broom and cleans his store up.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 29 Jan 2006, 16:58

DaemianLucifer wrote:This doesnt sound productive to me at all.So whats next?Death letters again?Come on people!I dont know if I can stress this enough,but IT IS JUST A VIDEO GAME!!
lame reason. if it's JUST a video game, why would anyone buy it? in that case; we're all evil people because we buy simple things such as videogames instead of sending all our money as aid to poor nations.

if it's just a videogame, why have you posted so many times on this site? maybe it's just a videogame, just like sex is just sex, but sometimes it means something more. especially if you love the girl/boy/game/etc.

and corribus: nicely summed up. people seem to forget that capitalism is here to serve the costumers.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Jan 2006, 17:02

Arzang wrote:maybe it's just a videogame, just like sex is just sex, but sometimes it means something more. especially if you love the girl...
Wow. Just. Wow. I think my brain just exploided by trying to comprehend such a profound statement. :-D

Edit: I now have a new signature. Congratulations!
Last edited by Corribus on 29 Jan 2006, 17:03, edited 1 time in total.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby NurDas » 29 Jan 2006, 17:02

Hmm.. Seems I need to protect me again just like back in the starforce debate. I have few posts because I post then and only then when I feel I have something to say. Also I have watched HoMMV development closely since August last year and not only on this site. So I'm "revealed". (sorry for this part being off topic, but I was forced to it)

I don't "bash" this undertaking. I just think it was hasty and a bit rough. We all agree to the goal of getting a polished Heroes game.

It is just a video-game as DaemianLucifer wisely said and there is no need of accusations, threatening nor negative suspicions towards other fans nor the Company.
- L. Krier

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 29 Jan 2006, 17:03

@Arzang

Missed my point completely.What I was saying is that we shouldnt start a whole crusade over HV.Its OK if we dont like it.Even if we petition the developers to postpone a game.But threaten them?

LordLightning
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby LordLightning » 29 Jan 2006, 17:05

Corribus, i dont understand ur argument about credibility at all. The active Heroes community needs credibility because they are the MINORITY. A review on gamespot influences ten times more people to buy the game than all fan sites together, so UBI doesnt need u enless u have the credibility that u are reasonable and representative. Or else they can just ignore u with little consequence.

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Jan 2006, 17:07

LordLightning wrote:Corribus, i dont understand ur argument about credibility at all. The active Heroes community needs credibility because they are the MINORITY. A review on gamespot influences ten times more people to buy the game than all fan sites together, so UBI doesnt need u enless u have the credibility that u are reasonable and representative. Or else they can just ignore u with little consequence.
You may or may not realize that the saveheroes.org "movement" was recently published on Gamespot.

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Veldrynus » 29 Jan 2006, 17:07

Well, this move isn't very wise. I don't see how can this action put pressure on Ubisoft. They know one thing for sure : people will buy the game, even if there are a few or more bugs inside, especially if the release is followed by the release of a patch. This is how it works.

We have to realize one important fact : we're not the ones with the stronger position in this situation. Of course, we pay for the game, our needs have to be satisfied, etc, etc ... But, it is important to see who the two main target groups of this product are :

1) the Homm (esp. Homm3) addicts and hardcore fans. This the smaller group. They are so happy that Homm5 returns to the Homm3 roots, that they will buy it without thinking about it twice.

2) the new potential players who had no previous experience with the series. These players will be attracted by the new high quality graphics and the look similar to WC3. They will buy the game based on it's graphical qualities. They don't really follow these news anyway, and they won't know about the potential great number of bugs in the game. Ubisoft focuses on these people in the first place.

So, these two important groups will buy the game, without careing much about the release date, wich means the game will be profitable for Ubisoft (the most important thing). They don't give a damn about this pathetic protest.
Edited on Sun, Jan 29 2006, 10:13 by Veldrynus
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

NurDas
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby NurDas » 29 Jan 2006, 17:08

sry for double posting

Edited on Sun, Jan 29 2006, 10:12 by NurDas
- L. Krier

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jan 2006, 17:11

Lomedae wrote:"
You all are have already done more harm to the credibility of the HOMM community than any premature HV could have done.
Ahem... The HoMM community once send death threats to the developers. I don't see how anything can top that.
And most people here got burned by H4 and that's why they're reacting like this. And everyone please remember: IT'S JUST A SITE !
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 29 Jan 2006, 17:12

Veldrynus wrote:
1) the Homm (esp. Homm3) addicts and hardcore fans. This the smaller group. They are so happy that Homm5 returns to the Homm3 roots, that they will buy it without thinking about it twice.

2) the new potential players who had no previous experience with the series. These players will be attracted by the new high quality graphics and the look similar to WC3. They will buy the game based on it's graphical qualities. They don't really follow these news anyway, and they won't know about the potential great number of bugs in the game. Ubisoft focuses on these people in the first place.
No doubt, Veldrynus, you are correct. However, bad publicity surrounding the release of H5 due to such a move by the former (yet much more vocal) group can profoundly influence the buying tendencies of the latter group. The fact that saveheroes.org got mention on gamespot is enormous. Every gamer in the world reads the news on that site, and bad publicity can be like wildfire. Not to mention casual gamers with no previous experience can easily find the fan sites (like CH) prior to purchasing the game, and when they see this kind of stuff that can scare them away. We may be the smaller group, but we do have a voice, and Ubisoft probably wouldn't ignore the possibility that this thing could turn into a PR nightmare. How quickly you forget the Forge.

Tzar
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Tzar » 29 Jan 2006, 17:12

Wow, you guys really lost it :/. Now, what, like 500 fans will have to turn to ubi forums for any H5 news, how exactly does that help the cause? Im sure ubi is really scared now when the sites that bashed it for the last week decided to retire, gg.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 29 Jan 2006, 17:23

Corribus wrote:Wow. Just. Wow. I think my brain just exploided by trying to comprehend such a profound statement. :-D

Edit: I now have a new signature. Congratulations!
why thank you. seems like my bursts of genius are spontaneous. glad to see you liked it.

and daemian: the only threats should be not buying the game. I thought you were replying to this news suppression, not bad threats. my fault.

and while it's true they may still get revenue from the game if it's flawed, it's not as true that H6 will grant them profit if H5 is seriously flawed.

and is heroes mainstream enough not to care about the entire solid fanbase rather than just focusing on h3 addicts?

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

News Supression Pact

Unread postby Veldrynus » 29 Jan 2006, 17:27

@ Corribus

In this case applies to good old rule : all publicity is good publicity. This is one important rule of marketing. Remember one thing, the new target group doesn't have high standards, and makes buying decisions on graphics + reviews (wich are STRONGLY influenced by graphics) . The game won't lose any potential players because of some bugs. Even those who are pissed off now and act like a tragedy was happening, will jump around like happy grasshoppers when the game is out.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Jan 2006, 17:32

Hmm.. I wonder if this is all a marketing ploy to draw attention on HoMM5.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”