More King´s Bounty Coverage

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 25 Sep 2007, 20:10

A bilingual <a href="/http://gry.o2.pl/publicystyka_special/? ... >interview with Dmitri Gusarov of Katuari Interactive</a> (thanks <a href="/http://www.rpgwatch.com/show/newsbit?rw ... PGWatch</a>) discusses the nature of the upcoming King's Bounty remake. The following quote should be of interest to those who were concerned about the real-time gameplay:

<i>"King's Bounty is not a strategy [game], our game is a real-time role-playing game with turn-based tactical combats. There is one famous and similar game called Fire Emblem. You could travel around the map and then to fight in a large arena moving your warriors turn by turn there too. But nobody claims that game to be a strategy. All Final Fantasy games are based on that principle too. We run to a place we want to visit, deal with other characters, and when the battle starts we find ourselves on a special arena."</i>

At <a href="/http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/822/82 ... PGVault</a>, there is also a lenghty interview with the development team. The second part of the article will be published later on. Check out both Web sites for new screenshots.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1190751026
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Qurqirish Dragon
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Qurqirish Dragon » 25 Sep 2007, 21:52

I think that KB:tL is looking like a very nice game. I will probably get it, especially since there are so few RPGs coming out in general.

Hopefully there is more substance than hype in the interview.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 26 Sep 2007, 01:48

I don't get why some people seem to be worried about the real-time aspect of this game. When I first heard about how it was going to work, I immediately thought of the simultaneous turns feature of Heroes 5 and how most fans wanted that. Now those same people seem to be scared of it in KB.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 26 Sep 2007, 03:53

And not to mention that genesis version of original KB was also real time, and it played just the same as PC version (turn based).

So it is only natural for it to be real time since this is mainly a single player game.

lisqr
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby lisqr » 26 Sep 2007, 03:58

Fire emblem is similar to advance wars. I think most people consider it a strategy game.

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 26 Sep 2007, 08:09

The game looks very nice, so I'll be keeping an eye out for it. Before it is released they had better do a spelling check, though (I am not making any of the following up; this text is in real screenshots).

Horsemans becomes in protection and got defense bonus.

Demonesses had caused 46 damage.

Crytical strike!

Beholders inflict 157 of damage. Had died Alchemists: 3.

Toejam
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Toejam » 26 Sep 2007, 12:15

Fire emblem is not at all similar to advance wars ...

Advance wars is a pure strategy game where nothing is real time
Keep your friends close... And your enemy's closer !

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 26 Sep 2007, 13:16

I can live with demonesses and horsemans, if there is interesting plot and good gameplay.

Daystar
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Daystar » 26 Sep 2007, 20:29

I think both are promised.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: More King´s Bounty Coverage

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 27 Sep 2007, 02:45

King Imp wrote:I don't get why some people seem to be worried about the real-time aspect of this game. When I first heard about how it was going to work, I immediately thought of the simultaneous turns feature of Heroes 5 and how most fans wanted that.
The simultaneous turns work until the players close and then it's turn based.

Having read the interview I'm not concened anymore because it's single player and an rpg game. Based on the 'tactical combat' screen it looks like a strategy game but that part is turn based.

It doesn't seem like huge enemy armies are going to be chasing you in real time, in fact it seems more like stationary enemies that you beat in linear progression.

My overall impression is of a colorful generic rpg game. Might be worth looking into further.

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 04 Oct 2007, 21:10

Just read the second part of the interview and I must say the game sounds better and better everytime I read something about it.

Return to “News”