Mission Accomplished?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Angelspit » 28 Jan 2006, 03:07

According to a <a href="/http://www.gamespot.com/news/6143245.html">news report on GameSpot</a>, Heroes of Might and Magic V has been delayed by Ubisoft. It was originally stated that <i>"the company had pushed Heroes of Might and Magic V out of the March release window before the beta test even went live."</i> However, the story has been updated after a Ubisoft representative contacted GameSpot: "the game's delay was not known about before the launch of the beta testing period."

What that means is that Ubisoft has heard the call of the community! However, the work of <a href="http://www.saveheroes.org">SaveHeroes.org</a> must continue. Ubisoft has yet to clarify the situation in an official announcement, and until then the <a href="/http://www.saveheroes.org/petition/"><b>petition</b></a>, which now includes over 1000 signatures, will remain available. We thank you for your support.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1138417639
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby socketboy » 28 Jan 2006, 03:33

yes we shouldn't let up until we get official word about the release date. I don't care if they push it back another year as long as they make it as quality as it deserves.

FantoMaxJM
War Dancer
War Dancer

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby FantoMaxJM » 28 Jan 2006, 07:46

Hope there will be a "!"-mark soon to replace that "?"-mark. :) Now that I´ve got that Open Beta working and have read all the news, I think I´ll sign (better late than too late). I general, I´m highly optimistic about getting corrections (and the best game ever) done before going gold.

EDIT: /signed
Edited on Sat, Jan 28 2006, 01:00 by JoniJM
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Albert Einstein | Kiitos Lordi!

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Veldrynus » 28 Jan 2006, 09:14

Well, this has nothing to do with the petition. Absoutely nothing. If they decided to delay the game , then it had other reasons than a pathetic protest done by a bunch of lousy gamers with absolutely nothing better to do.
Veldryn 15:15 And Vel found a dirty old jawbone of a walrus and put forth his hand, and took it, and in his unholy rage, he slew thirty four thousand men and children therewith.

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Monastor » 28 Jan 2006, 09:52

Veldrynus

Is it what YOU thing about those who signed the petition, or you're just trying to show us, how Ubisoft respects our opinion.

Calling some of us "lousy gamers with nothing to do" isn't nice, especially that there are lots of fans who have done really much for both Heroes and Might and Magic. Off the top of my head(just some known ones, cause I'm not going to make a ranking ;) ): Angelspit, Ribannah, Ururam Tururam, Arturchix, Psychobabble

You don't have to sign the petition but don't write things like that about the others.
Edited on Sat, Jan 28 2006, 02:56 by Monastor
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Rhutobello » 28 Jan 2006, 12:08

Well well...it might be so that I am a lousy gamer:), it might also be that Ubisoft would delay release date on their own (but very unsure about that) but to belive that a petition signed about 1000 times in a couple of days not will count in a companys strategy plan will I call a lousy thought, not good enough to go public with:):)

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Labyrinth » 28 Jan 2006, 12:50

I don't really believe that article. If it was true, then there would be an official statement for calming the uproar among the fans.

So I smell something like a PR lie here...

If it had been decided even before the open beta, the same would never have been released at all!
What the #$*! do we know?

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Jan 2006, 13:42

Veldrynus wrote:"Well, this has nothing to do with the petition. Absoutely nothing. If they decided to delay the game , then it had other reasons than a pathetic protest done by a bunch of lousy gamers with absolutely nothing better to do."
Maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with the horrific number of bugs? Nah, that couldn't be, could it!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Orfinn » 28 Jan 2006, 13:49

This is great news! Delaying the game is absolutely necessary, the longer delay the better.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 28 Jan 2006, 13:53

I agree with Veldrynus, it was only time coincidence nothing more, I think that they anyhow planned to release the game later. It's usuall PR procedure. :devil:

On the other hand, the petition came handy for Ubi, as now they may pretend how much they are listenning to theirs fans. :D

Finally, you will never, never reveal the truth....
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Vision » 28 Jan 2006, 18:25

@Veldrynus: How about you go get yourself a life, jagoff.

I hate people like you who know nothing of the circumstances, yet think you are a fracking know-it-all. Go to hell.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 28 Jan 2006, 18:45

Well this lousy gamer's been playing their lousy games and giving them my lousy money for over ten years so I'd hope they'd listen to my lousy opinion.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby dragonn » 28 Jan 2006, 18:47

Even if they planned to move the game release date before, the worldwide petition had some effect on Ubisoft. Now they see how we Heroes fans are serious about the game development...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jan 2006, 19:23

In view of the lack of respect & consideration UbiSoft has shown for the concerns of Heroes fans worldwide, I know that Veldrynus was just being satiric. To me, his point is well taken … so get off his back! :stop:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Rhutobello
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Rhutobello » 28 Jan 2006, 19:35

" I know that Veldrynus was just being satiric. To me, his point is well taken … so get off his back! :stop:"

LOL it only show that you shall be carefull to throw in a burning "opinion" in a fanclub without, at the same time, giving it a smile or two to calm it down:)

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 28 Jan 2006, 19:45

HodgePodge wrote:In view of the lack of respect & consideration UbiSoft has shown for the concerns of Heroes fans worldwide, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....
I'm not sure I see how that's the case at all.
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Veldrynus
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Veldrynus » 28 Jan 2006, 19:51

Vision wrote:@Veldrynus: How about you go get yourself a life, jagoff.

I hate people like you who know nothing of the circumstances, yet think you are a fracking know-it-all. Go to hell.
First, I need to make one point clear. My previous statement was more against Ubisoft ( and their real point of view ), and NOT against all of the fans who signed the petition. That message, just like 95.41% of my messages contained sarcasm. It might be hard to notice for some people, but it is inside. So much for explanations...

Now back to you, Vision... Just click on this nice little link a and read my honest message :
Message to you

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Mission Accomplished?

Unread postby Kalah » 28 Jan 2006, 19:53

I think it's good news that they have decided not to commit themselves to an ultimate deadline, and instead prioritise releaseign a finished game. Don't want them to slow down too much though.. want the game SOON.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 28 Jan 2006, 21:07

Kalah wrote:I think it's good news that they have decided not to commit themselves to an ultimate deadline, and instead prioritise releaseign a finished game.
I'm not sure about that one, because of this page: http://www.mightandmagic.com/us/downloads.php
According to it, updates (patches) are "coming soon" :loll:
Image Spiritu Insanum

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 28 Jan 2006, 21:20

Corribus wrote:
HodgePodge wrote:In view of the lack of respect & consideration UbiSoft has shown for the concerns of Heroes fans worldwide, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.....
I'm not sure I see how that's the case at all.
For someone who claims to be a physicist or chemist (whatever) and pretends to have such superior intelligence, you certainly don't have basic reading skills, do you?

And by the way, your quote of me is incorrect … there are NO blah blahs in my post. :hoo:
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Return to “News”