Open Beta is... Open to All

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Open Beta is... Open to All

Unread postby Pol » 28 Jan 2006, 14:18

maleen wrote:do u need this app called fileplanet download manager it to download it, can't u just do it using DAP ?
Edited on Sat, Jan 28 2006, 07:10 by maleen
It's works also without it, myself I never used fileplanet d/w manager.
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 29 Jan 2006, 08:44

Heroes 5 isn t play and isnt has the story as the previous series. It Is a reincarnation of then series a totally new world Ashan will introduce itself so nobody should look backward into the past series there is no connection (in story, world stc.)between H3.H4--- and Heroes5.

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monastor » 29 Jan 2006, 12:36

@hahakocka

That's why it isn't heroes... What makes a game one of the HoMM isn't the idea of castles or turns. It's the story, the heritage of the series, the world.

Otherwise, why don't we count Disciples II as a HoMM game. What I mean is that HoMM5 might be a continuation of any other TBS played in a fantasy world.
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 29 Jan 2006, 14:55

Isn't it weird for an open beta to require a key to enter it?
For example, if I wanted to give it a try and help a little, I currently couldn't because there are no more keys available, which doesn't sound to be a good thing for an open beta.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 15:00

It is a bit odd, but I guess that's how StarForce isset up, and that's used to make sure the hackers can't learn stuff about the architecture of the final game from the beta. At least that's how it was explained to me.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 29 Jan 2006, 15:07

It is completely illogical to me. The current program is probably much further from the final version than the demo will be, and the demo probably won't need any activation key.
Image Spiritu Insanum

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 29 Jan 2006, 15:11

Well, since we needed such keys in the closed beta, maybe Ubisoft forgot to ask SF if there was some way to conduct the open one without them? Or they didn't have enough time to set it up...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

fasju
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby fasju » 29 Jan 2006, 17:48

i cant even get in the game. They should have created more codes if they were going to make it open beta. or maybe just create a specail cod ethat everyone could use

Geber
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Geber » 31 Jan 2006, 21:08

I tried to sign up today, and the site said this

We're sorry; the Heroes of Might and Magic V beta is now closed.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 01 Feb 2006, 20:38

Same here,.... it gets pretty annoying after you spend few hours downloading to find out that you actualy cannot play it ... i expect to be able to get the key soon, couse this freaks me out.. -.-

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 05 Feb 2006, 04:13

Each key can be activated a total of three times, I found this out when i got a code from a friend. I also experienced the closed beta issue, then my friend wondered if I could use his code. First we just wondered if it would work at all, and it did, and I got a message saying the code could be activated on another machine only once more. Then we wondered, could we play on the beta at the same time both using the same code, and that worked too. Then, we took the big step, could we play a mutliplayer game together, using the same code, and it worked!

My friend had had some trouble getting past the first turn of every game he played, but our game together worked fine. I think the new Heroes game will be great, once they fine tune it and all. For an open beta, it is very far along, I only encountered a few noticeable bugs while I played.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Return to “News”