Tribes of the East Boxshot

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 06 Aug 2007, 22:41

Why is it that some people are so willing to defend any inadequacy on Nival's part?

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 07 Aug 2007, 06:08

Is it 100 % sure that this boxshot is authentic? If yes, I like it. Reminds me of DMoMM orcs, and I liked these *******s. Glad to know that soon pao-kais, cyclopes and orcs will be under my command.

Of topic - undead army must have ghouls as a unit, because these freaks were a lot in DMoMM.

smith-b-d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby smith-b-d » 07 Aug 2007, 07:20

"Good to know it's not that stupid masked goblin, this looks much better." - Elvin

While doing a image search through google i found another version with the masked goblin instead, so dont get your hopes up just yet.

smith-b-d
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby smith-b-d » 07 Aug 2007, 07:31

http://www.supergamer.cz/images/inport/ ... _east_.jpg

Unfortunately that the best image of the other box i could find.
Edited on Tue, Aug 07 2007, 03:32 by smith-b-d

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Aug 2007, 08:04

@rdeford:

Yes, a few new folks who just want excitement will see this cover and buy the game. Too bad they will be disappointed when they have to wait their turn to play, actually think instead of hack and shoot at everything that moves, develop heroes with unique abilities and use them accordingly, study and understand a complex magic and might advancement system, and manage resources wisely to succeed.

Their problem, Ubival's money, our profit since it makes Ubi's wish to create better H6 much greater.

MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

@Moragauth :

Why is it that some people are so willing to defend any inadequacy on Nival's part?

Becaue they made H5, I love H5 (not much as H4, but MUCH, MUCH more then H3) and I love the developer who made it?

And, BTW:

Why is it that some people are so willing to attack any inadequacy on Nival's part?
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Tribes of the East Boxshot

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2007, 08:25

Sauron wrote:>Why is it that some people are so willing to attack any inadequacy on Nival's part?<
Yeah, how can anyone complain about things that aren't working? What's that about?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 07 Aug 2007, 08:43

To TT:

That was a rethorical question. I think I have read enough to not need an answer on it.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 07 Aug 2007, 08:47

Obviously you haven't read enough of my posts.... :devil:
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 07 Aug 2007, 10:09

@smith-b-d

That's what I was referring on, it has been around for a while and I doubt it will be used.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 07 Aug 2007, 11:52

"Becaue they made H5, I love H5 (not much as H4, but MUCH, MUCH more then H3) and I love the developer who made it? "

Yes, I love H5 too. It still doesn't mean they're beyond reproach.

">Why is it that some people are so willing to attack any inadequacy on Nival's part?<

Yeah, how can anyone complain about things that aren't working? What's that about?"

WITCH! BURN IT!!!!

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 07 Aug 2007, 13:48

"""Yes, a few new folks who just want excitement will see this cover and buy the game. Too bad they will be disappointed when they have to wait their turn to play, actually think instead of hack and shoot at everything that moves, develop heroes with unique abilities and use them accordingly, study and understand a complex magic and might advancement system, and manage resources wisely to succeed. """

Or, on the other hand, they may happen to actually LIKE it: new blood brought into the genre, ¿isn't that what we want?.

Or should we, in the other hand, advertise "THIS IS A TURN BASED GAME" in the cover, so only people who play TBS tires it? :P . This way we will be always the same ones in the forums and in the tournaments, or our children, at much, initiated in the obscure art of Turn Based Strategy... better that way... we know eachother, and it is allways the same, as it should be, for secula seculorum. Amen. (That if endogamy doesn't kill us first :P :P)
Don't be fooled by the title -- Dragons can disguise as peasants, too

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 08 Aug 2007, 23:56

@ Dragon Angel -- "Or, on the other hand, they may happen to actually LIKE it: new blood brought into the genre, ¿isn't that what we want?. "

Yes, that is what we desire. Maybe it'll work. Who am I to say? Much of what/when/why humanity does things is beyond me.

Good discussion.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

rdeford
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby rdeford » 09 Aug 2007, 00:02

@ Moragauth -- I love HOMM5 too, and some of that warmth extends to Ubisoft who brought it to us. There may be a few pimples on H5, but I don't think we should dwell on them to the point where we lose sight of the beauty. I have come to see this new cover in this light, and it is good. Not what I would have done, but still good.
rdeford, Mage Of Soquim

“Forgiving and being forgiven, loving and being loved,
living and letting live, is the simple basis for it all."

Ernest Holmes 1984

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 09 Aug 2007, 00:05

She just doesn't have that certain something i look for in my HoMM games... and the warts are so in the wrong places. Maybe if she had a better stylist.

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 09 Aug 2007, 12:23

just pre-ordered totE yesterday release day 12 september.but i dont believe that :D it could be nice if that demo can be tested for anyone

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 13 Aug 2007, 16:50

less than month or month and 12-13 days to release

Return to “News”