Legends of the Ancients : Book 1 available !

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Legends of the Ancients: Book 1

Unread postby Marzhin » 25 Jul 2007, 15:19

@ Vlaad II : thanks for the comments and I'm happy it brought you back to Heroes V, even temporarily :) As you noticed, the maps of Book 1 are quite generic, especially the first ones, as those were also the first maps I ever did for H5 :) In book 2 I did more ambitious things and I have great ideas in mind for book 3 and 4 (I hope I'll actually be able to implement them :P)
----------------------------
Might and Magic, baby !

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 25 Jul 2007, 17:19

Marzhin at 2007-07-24 10:45 wrote:

Vyse0 on the heroes-fr forums suggested that map 3 is less stable because it is more ressource-hungry (in typical Heroes 5 fashion...) So my advice would be : save regurlarly (activate the automatic save) and if indeed it crashes simply reload your game, it should be able to pass through the point where it previously crashed. I really have no other solution as I haven't experienced this myself on my compute

for requires there shuoldnt to be proplem,i quess i have to reinstall HoF,becouse this wasnt first time

ywhtptgtfo
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby ywhtptgtfo » 25 Jul 2007, 18:56

>I told myself I would reinstall H5 when you publish this, and so I >did! :)

>I’ve just finished Part 1 of Book 1 and I am impressed. True, the >scenarios are generic and the AI is non-existent as always, but >there are more good points than bad ones. The adventure maps >are well-executed while the story is a nostalgic crossover featuring >Solmyr, Armageddon’s Blade and Kreegan spaceships. However, >most of all I enjoyed the customization; the graphics look >professional and I simply loved the H3 Inferno theme!

Agreed. They are much better than the Nival-created campaigns. My only grip is that the portraits look very anime-like (which doesn't fit the theme) - especially for Solymr, Emilia, and Half-Dead.

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 26 Jul 2007, 09:42

@ ywhtptgtfo : the artist who did the portraits, Jean-Mathias, used to work in the cartoon industry and his usual style was heavily anime-influenced. However, he worked hard to reduce the "animeness" of his designs and I think he's getting better and better at it. The work he did for LotA even helped him to get a job as an illustrator on a series of fantasy books, can you believe it ? :)
Might and Magic, baby !

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 26 Jul 2007, 13:13

could somebody advice how i can add own music selection in-game

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 26 Jul 2007, 13:49

Turn it into ogg and put it in place of the original track after renaming it to match.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 26 Jul 2007, 16:18

thanks.sorry,now i have to ask good program to chance to ogg,and good mod making progams
Edited on Thu, Jul 26 2007, 12:21 by Wraith

Marzhin
Pit Lord
Pit Lord

Unread postby Marzhin » 26 Jul 2007, 16:54

I use audacity to convert mp3 to ogg. I am not sure what you mean by "Mod making program"... If you mean mod as in "game modification", the programs I used to make LotA are : Photoshop, H5 map editor and mainly... Notepad :P If you're asking mod as in "computer music file", aka "module" (but maybe nobody use this name anymore :P) I can't help you ^^
Might and Magic, baby !

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 27 Jul 2007, 07:46

ok where i can get audacity
Edited on Fri, Jul 27 2007, 06:38 by Wraith

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 27 Jul 2007, 13:09

google_it_up™
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Wraith » 27 Jul 2007, 17:52

Elvin at 2007-07-26 09:49 wrote:

Turn it into ogg and put it in place of the original track after renaming it to match.

do mean i open orginal track in audacity chance it for other music?

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 29 Jul 2007, 16:13

Just finished the first map - nice. :) The AI on normal level is too weak though but that's a flaw of the entire game, not the mod. And I like the ol' good Inferno theme. :D

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 29 Jul 2007, 16:32

@Wraith
Yes change the music you want to ogg and make sure it will have the same name of the track that you will replace in the music folder. Nothing complicated.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

durin
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby durin » 30 Jul 2007, 19:48

Just finished! Ireally enjoyed this. Good storytelling and nice graphical touches. Well done! The End of Peace was particularly taxing and I gave me a great sense of acheivement when I won. Can't wait for book 2

infael
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby infael » 30 Jul 2007, 21:58

I'm an intermediate player and was completely unable to finished the 3rd map. Lysander's so powerful I gotta hide in my castle until the Kreegans come, after which they wipe me out. The few times I beat Lysander, he came right back with an equally powerful army.
Dell XPS 400, 2 Gb RAM
-Win 7
-all King's Bounty games; M&M 1-9, HOMM 1-6

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 03 Aug 2007, 16:56

Really good campaign so far, I got to the scenario "Succubus". Few things though - in the 3rd scenario where Lysander cheats like hell and keeps always coming back with good army, there is no fog that should cover the emptiness after the borders of the map. The first few battles with him were tough, the rest were easy.

In 4th scenario, it's really annoying to watch how the yellow player keeps using the teleporters ~10 times per turn. Not fun. Maybe a good idea could be change these teleporters to one way only.

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 17 Aug 2007, 16:01

Ended the campaign and posted my comments in the forum tread.

Shortly: I enjoyed the campaign, but I am a bit dissapointed.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Return to “News”