Staff reduction at Nival

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 15 Jul 2007, 07:08

jeff wrote:And that is different from now????? ;|
It's different from the 3DO days in that there is no risk of a bankrupcy delaying the next game by two years...
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 15 Jul 2007, 07:42

You people believe everything you want to believe, right?
If you had a company and you'd fire one or two people, because, for example, you woujdn't be satisfied with the work of said people, would you be surprised if said people start posting stuff like that on the web? Probably not.
So what?
ZZZzzzz....

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Sikon » 15 Jul 2007, 08:05

You know, maybe I should start deleting pointless Nival-bashing.

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jul 2007, 09:07

jeff wrote:
MistWeaver wrote: The reason is "shortage of money".
Maybe they should not have spent so much on their office party after the initial release.
That was quite ok, what was wrong with that was that they didn't pack video from like a dvd bonus content. You would see these sales then :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Wraith
Scout
Scout

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Wraith » 15 Jul 2007, 09:38

3DO cant do anymore games,because every ones favourite heroes4 was REALLY BIG FLOP. you guys have proplems

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Jul 2007, 09:59

Jolly Joker wrote:>You people believe everything you want to believe, right?
Facts:
All major Nival developers (including major H5 developers) have jumped to "Nival Online" that was sold to private investor. Few of others chose to move to "Vogster Entertainment"
Also, Nival US was shut down.

And you still think that Nival is not sinking ?
Last edited by MistWeaver on 15 Jul 2007, 10:24, edited 1 time in total.

unreal_az
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby unreal_az » 15 Jul 2007, 10:15

Hurray they are going bankrupt. People caught on to them and wont buy their games anymore.

The team behind Kings Bounty The Legends game should be hired for HOMM6.

Reason:

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/826/82629 ... 05895.html

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/826/82629 ... 05900.html

At the second I cried...

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Jul 2007, 10:29

Wraith wrote:>3DO cant do anymore games,because every ones favourite heroes4 was REALLY BIG FLOP
Stop posting your lame surmises and use google.
unreal_az wrote:The team behind Kings Bounty The Legends game should be hired for HOMM6.
+1

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Jul 2007, 10:36

The spellbook is fabulous. I did not check with the new clip but last I recall the animations were quite bad and we don't know much about their sense of balance. Chances are it will be better than Nival's though :D
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 15 Jul 2007, 10:47

How about you guys start thinking for a change?
If Heroes 5 was successful - so successful at least, that Heroes 6 would be a at least CONSIDERED a) to be made and b) by them - why would they go a) bankrupt or b) out of business?
If on the other hand Heroes 5 was NOT successful (assuming it), there would very probably no Heroes 6 anyway, whether with or without Nival, right?
ZZZzzzz....

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 15 Jul 2007, 10:58

Actually I don't know much about Nival but I doubt H5 is their only project and I certainly don't know much about the resources they have, plans that may have backfired and the like.
I am not about to argue about it but they could have some problems regardless if H5 was successful or not.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 15 Jul 2007, 11:11

Jolly Joker wrote:>How about you guys start thinking for a change?
How about you ? Do you really think that Nival owner cares about Heroes more than about money ? He took best developers from Nival to newly created "Nival Online" and sold it for a good price.
And "NO" now has 20.000.000$ investment for developing some kind of anime MMO.

Look at alternates upgrade models - they just suck. Now you see why ?

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Moragauth » 15 Jul 2007, 11:22

Blizzard, Bioware or Microsoft would be lovely picks.

Dex
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Dex » 15 Jul 2007, 11:26

Well I understand everybodo who flames Nival, but you do not know everything about the project. You should all remember that Ubisoft is responsible for the game and Nival can't do what they want. every decision has to be accepted by the team at Ubisoft. They know about everything what's happening with the game since they pay for it.

And If you recall there were some problems with Ubisoft pushing the release date too much. But the fact was that there would be no problems if ubisoft didn't demand some major changes not long befeore the release.

Having said that, I believe that no mather which company they choose to make HoMM VI it won't be perfect as we wan't it to be if they keep making problems. Nival has some really impressive titles in their history. That's why they were choosed to develop HoMM V. So the problems with the game are not only their fault.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Staff reduction at Nival

Unread postby Cleanpea » 15 Jul 2007, 12:56

That Kings' Bounty spell book is a mess. I like H5 spellbook. People should just get over this, it's only games... In fact I am going to play H5 right away. Now.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Staff Reduction at Nival

Unread postby Alamar » 15 Jul 2007, 13:35

I don't know enough to consider this good news, bad news, or even whether it makes a difference.

Either way I'm not sure if I'd rejoice at this news. IF there is going to be an H6 AND IF it is not done by Nival who is to say that it won't be worse than what we got with H5.

BTW: At this point, aside from AI && Map editor, the base H5 V1.5 is a pretty decent game.
Edited on Sun, Jul 15 2007, 09:37 by Alamar

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jul 2007, 13:56

Those who haven't noticed, this is what FC wrote at Ubisoft forums on this matter:
ToE is still in schedule to be released in september or october. We have pushed back this expansion during last winter and invested more money to be sure the end of the H5 cycle is the best possible, we certainly wont let go of it now

It is true that the team at nival was reduced a few weeks ago, but that was expected, as most of the work had already been done by then. We've been in debugging and balancing phase for a month already, you dont need the whole team to do that anymore. Its sad to fire people, but when there is work for 30, you dont need 50 people. I can understand fired people are disgruntled.

Other elements to make you feel better ? We have more than 15 testers in ubisoft romania working to balance and debug the game, and a production team of 5 in paris checking the progress, making sure the maps are more balanced, more challenging, more original. All texts have been proofread (hopefully not letting mistakes through this time) and US voices were recorded two weeks ago.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 15 Jul 2007, 14:29

arturchix wrote:We have more than 15 testers in ubisoft romania working to balance and debug the game,
The game is doomed, doomed i tell you.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Staff Reduction at Nival

Unread postby arturchix » 15 Jul 2007, 14:47

Of course it's not.

Alamar
Golem
Golem

Staff Reduction at Nival

Unread postby Alamar » 15 Jul 2007, 14:55

FC also said "There is still an ongoing patch + content plan" after I posted that I was worried that the TotE patch would be the last patch for the original HoMM that we'd see.

Return to “News”