Please Save Heroes V

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Falsted » 25 Jan 2006, 22:53

Like the rest of you:

Signed :)

Robenhagen
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Robenhagen » 25 Jan 2006, 22:54

Probably around time I got this signed.
I was lookin’ back to see if you were lookin’ back at me to see me lookin’ back at you.

Rosensmart
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Rosensmart » 25 Jan 2006, 23:07

Signed.

I Would like to get a copy of HOMM 5 as soon as possible. However, I would also want It to be a finnished product, when I go to the store to pick it up....

So, If needed, I can live with a delay of th game... :-)
"People will think, what I tell then to think, when you tell me, what to tell them to think"(Homer Simpson)

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 25 Jan 2006, 23:38

Signed as well. Add one to the tally.

poufpoufpatapouf
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby poufpoufpatapouf » 25 Jan 2006, 23:45

I sign too. More time is needed to test this (probably? eh eh) wonderful game.

Symeon Star-Eyes
Peasant
Peasant

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Symeon Star-Eyes » 26 Jan 2006, 01:10

I'm signing as well.

This is of course based solely on the closed beta testers' opinions of the state of the game. And I have only seen a handful of different closed beta testers make any comments at all. Therefore I am still a bit sceptical as to how correct their assessments of the current state of development is. That is not to say that I distrust their judgement of the game as it was in the closed beta, I'm just very unsure as to how well informed they are of the current state of dev.

The open beta was intended only to test certain features, so the experiences from this event can hardly be used to make any general statement about the current state of the game, let alone specific judgements of features not implemented in the open beta.

And that Nival (and thus Ubi) is aware that there are many things to work out yet is quite apparent from developer MuadDib's comment on the open beta (and the game in general): http://www.forumplanet.com/hmmv/topic.a ... id=1833851

So I'm not signing this because some closed beta testers feel that the game will be horribly rushed if released around the end of March, but simply because prolonged development time means a more polished game. So if they spend another two months or twelve tweaking the game and making everything as good as it can be than nothing is better than that.

But if we're ever to get our hands on the game, it will inevitably be released with some flaws and bugs. No game is perfect.

EgaL
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby EgaL » 26 Jan 2006, 01:42

I hope this game will take as much polish as needed.

It has the potential to be the best game ever but only if ubi allows for some more weeks of polishment.

harry1975
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby harry1975 » 26 Jan 2006, 01:51

I'm signing...

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 26 Jan 2006, 01:57

Debugging any program—even a program a hundredth of the size and complexity of any Heroes game that only displays text—can take an ENORMOUS amount of time. There is no way short of a miracle that the major issues will be done by the end of March.

Signed, a Closed Beta Tester.
Image Image Image

Derek
War Dancer
War Dancer

Re: Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Derek » 26 Jan 2006, 02:04

Kareeah Indaga wrote:Debugging any program—even a program a hundredth of the size and complexity of any Heroes game that only displays text—can take an ENORMOUS amount of time. There is no way short of a miracle that the major issues will be done by the end of March.

Signed, a Closed Beta Tester.
Agreed, nice for someone to point that out. Anyone who has done any bit of programming, myself included, would know that debugging is not simply something that happens. Many an hour is wasted on seemingly easy tasks. I trust the word of Angelspit and the rest of the crew.

If not already implied...I sign this petition.
Hell has frozen over...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Jan 2006, 02:13

As someone who has been around since HOMM1, I sign hoping that company executives don't force the game out before it is ready. A delay in releasing the game will not lose fans. Releasing the game before it is ready may very well lose some.
Edited on Wed, Jan 25 2006, 19:18 by Grumpy Old Wizard
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

SilasBannook
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby SilasBannook » 26 Jan 2006, 02:27

The last thing needed is another episode of HOMM4 where we had significant issues to game play and many updates. There is a chance to make this game phenomenal. If Ubi runs this to market early and it gets bad press they will not get the numbers they are looking for. Just like a good movie, if the buzz out on the street is that this is the best game yet, Ubi/Nival will have made a winner that will have continued sales for a longtime. If Ubi follows in the tradition of 3DO and puts the game out early with significant bugs the franchise will really be tarnished.

It seems that the game has AWESOME potential. The screenshots look great and the changes to the game appear to be incredible. Don't rush a cake by skimping on the basic ingredients and thinking people will like it because it has pretty frosting. I ask Ubi to make a schedule that allows the developers whatever time is necessary to make a great game.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Re: Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Psychobabble » 26 Jan 2006, 03:36

Symeon Star-Eyes wrote:This is of course based solely on the closed beta testers' opinions of the state of the game. And I have only seen a handful of different closed beta testers make any comments at all
That's because the closed testers have been (and 99% still are) under a very strict NDA which means they can't so much as say whether or not they were in the beta. And nothing I've said here or elsewhere should be taken to indicate that I played the closed beta...

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Echo_ » 26 Jan 2006, 05:02

Heck, I'll agree and sign. Don't releasethe game if its not finished! We've been waiting for years, we can wait a few more months.
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby King Imp » 26 Jan 2006, 05:11

Signed

This game is nowhere near finished and if they release it in it's current form I will guarantee there will never be a Heroes 6.

silverbow
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby silverbow » 26 Jan 2006, 06:16

Please let the Devs have enough time to do things right.

signed

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 26 Jan 2006, 07:12

Signed.

No more crappy Heroes. If it needs time, I'm willing to wait for it. But make sure that the quality of the music and sound effect are just as good as the previous series, or watch out for a death threat, Nival :devious:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby hahakocka » 26 Jan 2006, 10:13

Angelspit: How (or where) did you get he activation Starforce code??

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 26 Jan 2006, 12:02

Please F5 HV!For the love of god,F5!!!! :devious:

Kankira
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Please Save Heroes V

Unread postby Kankira » 26 Jan 2006, 12:30

I sign.

I hope Ubi will find the way to delay the release of HV. I think that a better game, more tested and balanced game, released in fall/winter/christmas 2006 would give them more profit than releasing a "bad" game in march.

Return to “News”