More Abilities Explained

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Angelspit » 10 Jun 2007, 12:59

The Russian gaming magazine FIM (<i>For Imp Magazine</i>) included much more than a cover picture of a girl trying to extract herself from the mouth of a bear (how kinky!). The <a href="/http://www.archangelcastle.com/acforum/ ... >Archangel Castle forums</a> contains descriptions, in English and French, of the Orcish town creatures and the alternate upgrades, including a peak at the line-ups that have yet to be revealed by Ubisoft. Here are some excerpts:<ul>

<li>"Cyclops is a strong hand-to-hand fighter, with an ability to attack walls, when in siege battle. One of the upgrades for Cyclops can shoot beam from his eye that affects several creatures, and decreases his victims luck."

<li>"High Druids can perform special ritual, which transfers their magical power to hero, adding him spell power. The effect lasts until there are no more druids alive."

<li>"Harpooners can shoot harpoon that in addition to standard damage can pull the attacked creature by one tile closer to the harpooner."</ul>

It is also said that the hero superabilities (the ultimate skills I guess) will become more accessible, and that both standard and alternate upgrades will cost the same. You can read the whole thing <a href="/http://www.archangelcastle.com/acforum/ ... 9">here</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1181480340
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

theLuckyDragon
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby theLuckyDragon » 10 Jun 2007, 13:14

6) Pao-kai is one of the upgrades for wyvern. It is immune to blind, because it has no eyesight to begin with. It attacks with electric breath that harms everyone standing near the attacked creature (amount of damage is divided among those affected by the discharge).
So it's a Troglodyte merged with a Thunderbird? :)
"Not all those who wander are lost." -- JRRT

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jun 2007, 13:40

Pretty much. Some seem really powerful I hope there will be some good rebalancing of the old units. I know that abilities alone are not an indication of a unit's strength but they worry me a little.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

dallasmavs41
Demon
Demon

Unread postby dallasmavs41 » 10 Jun 2007, 14:11

In addition, Pao-kai can eat dead bodies to restore health.
That sounds pretty interesting, a different take on regeneration, I guess...

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 10 Jun 2007, 14:15

Pfft, I used that for Ghouls in my "what I want for H5"-suggestion x years ago, nothing new :D
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Jun 2007, 15:02

Wow. Some of the new abilities are really powerful, like the Sharpshooter's and White Unicorn's. Notice how there wasn't anything about the alternate Haven troops? That further points to the Renegades being the alternates.

Now this is a nice bit of news.

"One of the new adventure buildings is ”Teacher of memory”. When a hero visits it, he can forget one of his skills or abilities for a price and learn another one."
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Elvin » 10 Jun 2007, 16:54

Seems there were some translating errors. Geny from hc took a look and spotted them: http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... enumber=58
- Metathron

kingcranium14
Peasant
Peasant

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby kingcranium14 » 10 Jun 2007, 18:06

The abilities look pretty powerful. No Haven alternates? That's weird. In one of the old screenshots it shows neutral Inquisitors that look all blue/whiteish, so I still think that there might still be other upgrades.

Dragon Angel
Peasant
Peasant

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Dragon Angel » 10 Jun 2007, 20:17

Quote: "That's weird. In one of the old screenshots it shows neutral Inquisitors that look all blue/whiteish, so I still think that there might still be other upgrades."

If it is the screenshot I am thinking about, I would say it is part of a cutscene, therefore I will not take anithing appearing there as a proof of an existing in-game creature.
Don't be fooled by the title -- Dragons can disguise as peasants, too

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby jerseys » 10 Jun 2007, 21:46

Nice new abilities. I can see that all the new units will have their tactical use. Bat what worries me is that it says that retraining between the alternatives will be expensive. Wasn't it supposed to be free?

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Jun 2007, 22:04

Nope. It was always supposed to have a fee attached to it.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Moragauth » 10 Jun 2007, 22:11

"Pretty much. Some seem really powerful I hope there will be some good rebalancing of the old units. I know that abilities alone are not an indication of a unit's strength but they worry me a little."

Yes, this is my concern too. Otherwise the original units will not be worth taking in most cases. Some of these new units have fantastic abilities.
Edited on Sun, Jun 10 2007, 18:18 by Moragauth

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 10 Jun 2007, 22:18

Agreed.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby soupnazii » 11 Jun 2007, 00:53

well invisibility for example was explained in a much simpler way than we know it is, so we can only assume that alot of the other information on here is very very simplified verisons of the actual truth..

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby hein321 » 11 Jun 2007, 08:20

with all the stuff i red there it seems like hommV is turning into some kind of circus

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Jun 2007, 11:02

Not sure what you mean by that. Many things are subject to change though so there may be a mess initially.
- Metathron

jerseys
Peasant
Peasant

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby jerseys » 11 Jun 2007, 11:03

Oh, I get it now. I was probably tired when earlier I read the info saying you can retrain for A FEE and mistook it for "you can retrain for free". lol. I was thinking about it. When retraining is expensive, you'll probably always take the best all around unit. If it was for free, you'd chose the best unit FOR NOW because you knew you could always change it. That also means choosing shooters most of the time.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Elvin » 11 Jun 2007, 12:07

I guess it will be mostly used for the first tiers for creeping purposes.
- Metathron

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Akul » 11 Jun 2007, 14:00

To kingcranium14:

It is just a cutscene model... like Beatrice.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

More Abilities Explained

Unread postby Orfinn » 11 Jun 2007, 15:53

Damn! I love how the path for H5 takes. Very unique and nice abilities..interesting.

"One of the upgrades for Cyclops can shoot beam from his eye that affects several creatures, and decreases his victims luck."

LOL! Nostalgia :p Seems they have a tendensy to take things from H2, Cyclops as 7th lvl unit AND the upg gets a similar beam attack as the H2 one!

Plenty interesting abilities, yes. And this one is one of those I like

"7) Rainbow Dragon’s fire attack can affect one to five tiles, depending on luck. "

But....colossus? thats the name of the Unupg::

Colossus can summon 3x3 tile sized cloud to any place on the battlefield; every creature that gets under the cloud receives 10 points of damage for each colossus that summoned the cloud. Shooters under the cloud receive 1% penalty to ranged attack for each colossus.

Edited on Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:07 by Orfinn

Return to “News”