Pin-Up of the East

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 12 Jun 2007, 07:34

Mytical wrote:Well I deffinately don't dress sexy to attract men, but that is a whole nother story. *grins*. I just find it absolutely astounding that we have double standards still in our 'evolved' society. Men can wear pretty much whatever they want on a beach, but let a woman go topless (except in certain areas) and the world seems to stop.
And what do you think would be the reaction if a man went naked to that same beach?
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Jun 2007, 07:42

depends on the man? :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 12 Jun 2007, 12:25

Topless isn't naked. Men can go topless in a lot more places than women without causing anyone to blink twice about it.

But that's because manboobs aren't that hot to look at. Welltrimmed chestmuscles might be for quite a few women though. Well maybe manboobs to I guess, what do I know :S
Who the hell locks these things?
- Duke

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Jun 2007, 13:58

Jolly Joker wrote:You aren't really reading what Corribus has been telling you.
People rarely do. :sigh:
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 12 Jun 2007, 15:12

Wonder why that is :tongue:
- Duke

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 12 Jun 2007, 15:18

They're too dumb to recognize greatness when they see it? :D
"What men are poets who can speak of Jupiter if he were like a man, but if he is an immense spinning sphere of methane and ammonia must be silent?" - Richard P. Feynman

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 12 Jun 2007, 15:44

My guess is, too much serious and well-founded info - most are probably reminded of school and react allergic. :devil:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 12 Jun 2007, 16:25

Go back and look at the picture... That chick looks like a dude.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 12 Jun 2007, 16:52

Where you're living the dudes seem to have a hormonal problem.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Jun 2007, 00:34

Jolly Joker wrote:Those nice looking girls (or boys in some ads) are just meant to make you STOP for a moment and REGISTER the product.
You like boys?! 8|

And everyone's too busy looking at the boobies to notice the product anyway...
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 13 Jun 2007, 04:25

boobies??!!!

WHERE???!!

:D
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Moragauth » 13 Jun 2007, 05:04

"You like boys?! 8| "

LOL way to twist his words. :P

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 13 Jun 2007, 06:36

Ethric wrote:Well I didn't touch your post, as it didn't rant about issues re some religion or other. Posts that do, I will touch.
:sweat:

@Ethric: Thanks for the heads-up...for a second there, I thought I had forgotten to post the initial religion-based paragraph back at page 9. I thought I was going crazy... :-D

It wasn't THAT bad was it? It is my opinion about the subject matter and how (up to a certain point) it affects me. I don't really see how that could've devolved this thread into senseless bickering. :)

Btw...this discussion is STILL going on...woah...
I salute all who are still actively participating...I got lost after about page 10! :D
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Pin-Up of the East

Unread postby Cleanpea » 13 Jun 2007, 08:05

Is the discussion still closed? Or is it allowed to discuss on religious points, as long as it doesn't get ugly?

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2007, 12:09

It's closed for religious talk. Because it already got a bit ugly further back, as these things so often do.
- Duke

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Jun 2007, 14:38

Sadly we live in a world where we cannot even discuss the biggest divisive force on the face of the planet. When you cannot or are forbidden to even acknowledge the elephant in the room, how do you expect to keep it from destroying said room when the wrong thing sets it off? Until we can sit down and discuss problems like this rationally, without being defensive at the merest challenge to our carefully held beliefs, and without being silenced by powers/politicians that fear the wrath of reactionaries and just want to "keep the peace at all costs", we will continue to be divided and angry and resentful and paranoid and defensive and suspicious and vindictive.

It's truly sad and hopeless. :disagree:

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2007, 15:01

Rational debate on subjects that aren't governed by rationale is tricky. Now go in your corner and be sad and hopeless and let this thread fade away ;)
- Duke

Corribus
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Corribus » 13 Jun 2007, 15:18

@Ethric

I wasn't really providing commentary or you or the RT boards. There *is* a time and a place for discussions of sensitive topics, and a gaming forum may not be that time and place. The point is that, generally speaking, rather than having difficult but open conversations about sensitive topics, we tend to ignore them or pretend they aren't there, or make empty gestures of reconciliation to maintain the illusion that there are no problems, acting like everything is hunky-dory. It's sort of like painting a wall that's eaten by termites. Sure, it may look pretty on the outside, and you might forget the problem is there, but eventually your house is going to fall down.

There is a phenomenological role in human interactions called "the peacekeeper". This person shuns confrontation and will do anything to make peace. To be honest, I am often this type of person when dealing with local arguments. For example, if I get in a fight with my wife or family over an issue, rather than discussing the actual causes of the issue, which might be immediately painful or uncomfortable, I will make little white lies or assurances or promises that I know I can't keep, just to smooth things over. Such a practice has caused me great harm in the past - and I seriously mean that: I still live with the consequences - because when you don't openly recognize and discuss the problem, which ultimately may have a very simple solution, it is still there, and blows up in your face in the future when it is too late to find a simple solution. It's also a very hard habit to break, even when you can acknowledge that you are a peacekeeper. I still instinctively do it.

In the matter of religion most of our leaders are peacekeepers. There are serious problems in the world right now, many of them with ancient relgious differences as an ultimate cause, but nobody wants to acknowledge this. We don't want to offend - or, more accurately, we don't want to be painted as offensive, as stirring the hornets nest, as agitators. Until someone steps forward and starts that conversation - and until everyone else just puts their existing prejudices aside and approaches the problem objectively, rationally, and with a willingness to LISTEN and not JUDGE - we will continue to sleep peacefully over a powder keg.

But in deference to you (mods) and the truth that this is not likely to happen soon, and certainly not here, I will (try to) shut my mouth on the subject in this thread, as it really has nothing (much) to do with a naked female orc. :humble:

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 13 Jun 2007, 16:12

Sorry... Look again.

She's got man arms, a six pack and what looks like very small t*ts.

We think that's cute?
This one's better.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Ethric
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Ethric » 13 Jun 2007, 16:50

Woof woof :D
- Duke

Return to “News”