Dungeon Alternate Upgrades

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 29 May 2007, 21:19

With the exceptional factor that women in real-world societies could only historically advance their role via such measures. In Dungeon, there are no such constraints. Indeed, they apply to the males. So there is no reason to assume they are not teases - these females already possess and control everything.

Also, privileged elites never had sorcery and dragons on their side. ;) Males are in equal numbers to females, and for every male there is a more powerful dark elven female. Their society is an aristocracy, and I doubt it is one which gives a damn about compassion.
Edited on Tue, May 29 2007, 17:20 by Moragauth

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2007, 21:30

You can't have an aristocracy that's equal in numbers to it's supporting population. Even in the most advanced societies on this planet the rich are somewhere under 10%. But i guess i shouldn't put that one past the H5 story team (even if the creature growth shows i'm right).

As for compassion, no need for it, the carrot and the stick are the the 2 ways one can rule, and using only one isn't a good idea. Even the most magically powerful ruler can't afford having his servants have such a miserable life that they'd have no choice then to rebel. Especially if he's fighting others. And "look but don't touch" makes for a pretty miserable life (unless they turn gay, which isn't that unheard of).

And it wasn't just women that historically used prostitution to gain power. Look up pederasty if you don't believe me.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 29 May 2007, 22:16

The rulers (shadow matriarchs and dragons) are certainly fewer than the mass population. But then the females in Dungeon have a vested interest in preserving their superior role. In that sense, it isn't just the Warlocks, Matriarchs and Dragons vs everyone else (even though they would suffice to maintain power).

Males in Dungeon, at any rate, are the lower ranking class of the nobility - not the slaves, which are non-dark elves. But here we are just talking about the Shadow Matriarchs/Mistresses, who are a minority - they are not the only women in the population. They are chosen because they are superior to every other female, perhaps at showing restraint (ie being teases) etc. So why assume the males are dissatisfied otherwise? It would be funny if the males did turn gay, of course. Maybe Raelag was an exception and for that reason he pursued Isabel. ;)
Edited on Tue, May 29 2007, 18:19 by Moragauth

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 May 2007, 22:26

Well it's not like the Furies outfits are any better... none of their female seem to have practical clothes.

Sure some of them could well afford to tease, but all of them? Horny males aren't very friendly.

As for the males, they're not nobility (most, heroes being the exception), they're just not slaves. I think the word is freemen or some such. Most successful rebellions were by the poor, and not only slaves.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 29 May 2007, 23:08

That was why I singled out the Matriarchs/Mistresses - they are the upper echelon, and can act in any way they please. They're also a minority. The other females may be far less self-restrained than them, hence probably also less fit to rule. Dungeon also takes other races (probably sylvan and humans) as slaves. If a male wanted to be pleased, he could just use one of those, much like a female could just use him.

The Grim Raiders are definitely nobility. Not sure about the Assassins though.
Edited on Tue, May 29 2007, 19:09 by Moragauth

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 May 2007, 10:57

So your whole beef with my statement is that i didn't use MOST in there... my bad for thinking that the exceptions that confirm the rule are implied.

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Saturas » 30 May 2007, 11:21

So, invisibility instead of shooter. We'll see how this works. Stalker and Minotaur Captain cool pics:)

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 30 May 2007, 21:40

Well seeing as we were discussing the Matriarchs/Mistresses to begin with (and perhaps the Furies) who are a minority, it made sense to get the discussion back on track, since that is what started it. The common Dungeon female may dress like an utter peasant for all we know. She is irrelevant. You simply brought up that the males would be be miserable if the females were teases, and I countered that the elite is a minority so it is inconsequential.
Edited on Wed, May 30 2007, 17:41 by Moragauth

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 31 May 2007, 15:37

Small elite armies don't really work in total war, notice how Haven has peasants in the front lines. So i'm assuming that Assassins and Furies are the commoners. Especially since a slave like the Minotaur out-levels them.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 31 May 2007, 17:39

That bit actually makes no sense (like most things in Heroes). The Furies are described as the elite fighting force of Dungeon, and are also stronger than the Minotaur or most third tier units. I remember suggesting before that the units be swapped. From what I can tell, the Fury and the Assassin are both young dark elves, whereas the Raider and the Matriarch are the elite and also older. Although I don't disagree, the fury and the assassin are in all probability commoners in rank.

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/he ... ures.shtml

Return to “News”