Dungeon Alternate Upgrades

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 22 May 2007, 18:46

If it's something powerful like incorporeality (which I doubt,) that won't be much of an issue. :)

Agnus Dei
Galactic Gargle Blaster
Galactic Gargle Blaster

Unread postby Agnus Dei » 22 May 2007, 18:59

Who said succubusses are attractive/seductive? Me like elves very much...

I just wonder how those hydra's heads don't kill each other?

Dragon armor not so cool.
Edited on Tue, May 22 2007, 12:00 by Agnus Dei

-thing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -thing » 22 May 2007, 19:04

The Black Rider and Red Dragon remind me of the old Dino-Riders toys.

Ride-by-attack propably means that the Black Rider damages enemy units it passes by when moving.

The Shadow Mistress has Disrupting ray? Did someone forget that the spell is called Vulnerablity in Heroes V.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Dungeon Alternate Upgrades

Unread postby King Imp » 22 May 2007, 19:05

Infiltrator wrote:Acid Blood.. I sure hope this is some kind of spell or damage warding, as many warlocks rely on the Deep Hydra's regen only to win harder neutrals.

My first thought when I saw this ability was that it was going to work like this. You know how when you attack a unit, the animated blood flies out? Well, with Acid Blood, it will shoot out either all over your attacking unit or all adjacent enemy units and burn them causing damage. Kinda like in the Alien movies.

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 22 May 2007, 19:19

didn't see it here so made a topic... :(

Love the stalker and the mistress !!

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 May 2007, 19:29

If the Mistress is going to be more of a melee unit, I hope they increase the walking speed of the Matriach units.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 22 May 2007, 19:32

Oh yeah, I like their style alright! Though the scimitar-wielding blood witches seem a bit awkward to me.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Unread postby soupnazii » 22 May 2007, 19:35

yay, red dragons are back :]

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 May 2007, 19:53

They've added stats. And yea looks like all of the upgrades are melee units.. I wonder how the Indivisibility will work now, maybe like a "stealth" attack with bonus damage or no retaliation, and if not adjacent to enemy units for one round, go back to stealth or something.
Infiltrator out.

Monteniger
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monteniger » 22 May 2007, 20:08

...I wonder how the Indivisibility will work now...

Maybe if the creature waits or defends there is a chance to avoid attacks and spells...

Or it would be proper ability and when triggered the creature becomes invisible to enemy for a number of turns...

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 22 May 2007, 20:12

Acidic Hydra....

:lolu:

And next, the Basic Hydra?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 22 May 2007, 20:14

That would be a fun clash to see.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 22 May 2007, 20:16

The Red Dragon costs the same amount of gold as the Shadow Dragon (3.700) and far less than the Black Dragon (4.500).

I noticed the same trend for the alternative Sylvan dragon. So, apparently, the top tier creatures will all become cheaper in TotE.

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 22 May 2007, 20:23

Ability speculations:

Stalker: Poison, Invisibility. Can only be attacked by adjacent units? Invisible to the opposing player unless it is next to one of his units?

Blood Witch: Strike and Return, No Enemy Retaliation, Immunity to Curse. Can't be slowed, ect.

Minotaur Captain: Aura of Bravery. Adjacent friendly units always have positive morale?

Black Rider: Large Creature, Lizard Bite, Ride-by-Attack. Attacks every unit it comes close to?

Acidic Hydra: Six-headed Attack, No Enemy Retaliation, Acid Blood, Enraged, Large Creature. Enemies that attack it in melee suffer acid damage(like fire shield?) Damage over time?

Shadow Mistress: Invisibility, Caster (Slow, Disrupting Ray, Bloodlust, Forgetfullness), Whip Strike. Can only be attacked by adjacent units? Invisible to the opposing player unless it is next to one of his units?

Red Dragon: Flyer, Fire Breath, Incinerate, Large Creature. Creatures it kills can't be raised/resurrected? Potential extra fire damage?

It is too early to comment on the units much, but to Nival's credit they are adding new abilities, not just tacking on existing abilities.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 22 May 2007, 20:30

Well I get a "403 forbidden" message when I try to view any creature besides the Stalker and alternative Fury so can't comment much on the others. But from what I saw, the Stalker looks like a melee unit with those saitype weapons and the alternative bloodfury looks terrible with that washed face, pointy ears and very ugly haircolor.

And those stockings look bad.....looks whorish :/

Infiltrator
CH Staff
CH Staff

Unread postby Infiltrator » 22 May 2007, 21:36

Haha so you've JUST discovered that Dungeon looks "whorish" come on man what game have you been playing thus far? ;)
Infiltrator out.

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 22 May 2007, 21:44

"And those stockings look bad.....looks whorish :/"

If you're silly about it, sure Dungeon looks "whorish". However, females pretty much dominate Dungeon, so they can dress as they please. Sort of the reverse of patriarchal societies. I think it looks cool. However, the Shadow Matriarch looks like more of a melee unit with all her spikes and metal armour. The Mistress, besides the whip, looks like more of a caster.

I'm also a bit disappointed with the Blood Witch though. Nice blades anyhow.

Odish
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Odish » 22 May 2007, 22:29

first, and foremost, the red dragon has crazy eyes and also seems like a crazy smile/laugh. he looks like he's rabied or something

secondly the mistress looks like a mutated wonder woman with the blue and red colors, those weird comic sunglasses(?) and the super short shorts (f**k-me-pants is how it's called where I come from).

I like the new blood witch except for that hair
and the stalker, I like that you can see him looking to the side

but, aren't this upgrades seems stronger then the current ones? I mean sylvan upgrades looked more on the same level as the current upgrades

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 22 May 2007, 22:31

Nival doesn't seem to realize that the alternate upgrades don't work well when all of them look way cooler than the regular upgrades. I wish some of these were the original upgrades, the Minotaur Captain, Red Dragon, and Acidic(?) Hydra all look awesome.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Moragauth
Demon
Demon

Unread postby Moragauth » 22 May 2007, 23:13

To be honest, I prefer how the Shadow Matriarch looks. The funny thing is she looks kitted for close combat. This new upgrade, aside from the whip, looks suited to be a shooter. The mask is dumb, I agree. The fishnet stockings are cool though.

Return to “News”