Restructuration at Nival

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 May 2007, 16:36

<a href="/http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle ... ngSquad</a> reports that Nival Interactive is <i>"in the midst of a restructuring ordered by its American owner Ener1."</i> As part of this initiative, the Los Angelese offices have been closed (<a href="/viewtopic.php?t=5938&highlight=nival++shuts">as Tim Lang told Celestial Heavens earlier this year</a>) and Kevin Bachus, who was appointed CEO in March 2006 with a lot of bells and whistles, left the company. Executive vice-president Curtis Wolf said that Nival would announce new plans in the future.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1179333389
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

unreal_az
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby unreal_az » 16 May 2007, 16:39

Great! They are going bankrupt! :D. Just j/k.. well what can I say,I think a lot of people changed their opinion about Nival when Heroes 5 came out.

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 16 May 2007, 17:05

Let's just hope this isn't another 3DO :P or actually that it doesn't affect TotE. I assume you mean for the worse Unreal?

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby HodgePodge » 16 May 2007, 18:27

unreal_az wrote:Great! They are going bankrupt! :D. Just j/k.. well what can I say,I think a lot of people changed their opinion about Nival when Heroes 5 came out.
Nival has always been so unfriendly and unapproachable to people. No company can treat their customers with such disdain and remain profitable for long. Not only that but in regard to Heroes 5, Nival has repeatedly ignored the wishes and pleas of the fans, has made it next to impossible for the Map Editor to be used by simple end-users for editing/creating maps & campaigns, and Nival has just plain shirked in regard to making Heroes 5 a superior game.
Avalon-Eternal wrote:Let's just hope this isn't another 3DO :P or actually that it doesn't affect TotE. I assume you mean for the worse Unreal?
Nival is the developer, while 3DO was the publisher. Hopefully, this news article means that when Heroes 6 is developed, it will be by a entirely different company. Let's hope whatever company UbiSoft chooses, they will be more approachable and their public relations will be a huge improvement over what Nival offered!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby MistWeaver » 16 May 2007, 19:14

>Nival has always been so unfriendly and unapproachable

>to people. No company can treat their customers with

>such disdain and remain profitable for long.

Fully agree.

>Hopefully, this news article means that when Heroes 6 is

>developed, it will be by a entirely different company.

I think H6 is already in development (by Nival). And if so, this restructuring won't affect it.

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Falsted » 16 May 2007, 19:20

I kinda doubt that Heroes 6 is already in development...
Edited on Wed, May 16 2007, 12:20 by Falsted

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 May 2007, 19:32

Falsted wrote:I kinda doubt that Heroes 6 is already in development...
Hmmm... Why?

unreal_az
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby unreal_az » 16 May 2007, 20:06

Of course for the worse.

I think/hope/would like to :) Ubisoft noticed the potential of the series and are thinking about a sequel. It seems many of their IP's are getting new games after one or 2 years (Settlers,Rayman etc).

I've also read that they aquired SUNFLOWERS the studio behind Paraworld and ANNO 1701 two of the games of the last year that I really enjoyed and hope that if Homm6 comes out it's developed by them.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Sir Charles » 17 May 2007, 02:03

Actually, I'd be totally shocked if Heroes 6 WASN'T already in development. H5 had far better than average sales in a niche that has little competition in it. I'd say it's a slam-dunk decision to have already started design on h6.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 May 2007, 02:21

I hope so, but I hope it's good more than anything
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Avalon-Eternal
Peasant
Peasant

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Avalon-Eternal » 17 May 2007, 03:31

Ah' true HodgePodge, my mistake. But really what I meant was money issues getting heroes again, but very true. Yes, hopefully we will get a better development team. Some of their cheapness is what bothered me the most, they never took it another step, you know, went over the bar, if they even reached that. Like with the caravans, you could tell they did "only recruitment caravaning" out of not any other reason then because it was easier. And of course the RMG :P I mean, seriously, it would be kinda nice for it to be *somewhat* useful.

Also I hate when they act like H5 is the best thing since sliced bread :P seriously, besides this new alternative upgrade thing, and the dwarfs, and the skill system was pretty cool, we got *nothing* original. And the alternatives are still to come, so you can't count them. And the dwarfs, as believed by some, were unoriginal. I embraced 4 because I viewed it as the natural evolution of the series, sure it could have used some refinement, but most of the features were great. Caravans, some method of the hero fighting, a very interesting spell system, sea creeps, creatures lasting over time in dwellings. Things that enhanced the game overall. H5 (at the beginning the most) was an H3 clone, with a bugged skill system. Sorry getting off the subject I guess, so there's my two cents.

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby waffen » 17 May 2007, 05:09

I hope that HoMM VI is in development but I hope that M&M X will come sooner:)

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 17 May 2007, 06:22

I'm actually a bit scared about MMX ....
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

Meandor
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby Meandor » 17 May 2007, 07:24

I hope that they won`t create MMX at all because it would suck no matter what. Yes it could be great game on it`s own but as a M&M? Things which made M&M cool are outdated now so it would have no "spirit" for obvious reasons.
I think H6 is already in development (by Nival). And if so, this restructuring won't affect it.
And what are the chances that they are reseting the universe again?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 17 May 2007, 10:37

Meandor wrote:And what are the chances that they are reseting the universe again?
High Image
You never heard of multiverse?
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Restructuration at Nival

Unread postby Akul » 17 May 2007, 11:26

If they need to bankrupt, then at least may they bankrupt after they have released the 2nd expansion.

To HodgePodge:

And yet, there are teams who are RUDE to their fans, delete bad posts in their forums and ban the flammers. And still, there is no channce for theme to die.

In fact, many of dev teams who are very, very friendly and always talk with their fans die.

The bankrupcy has NOTHING to do with fans loving theme.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 17 May 2007, 18:14

Sauron wrote:To HodgePodge:

And yet, there are teams who are RUDE to their fans, delete bad posts in their forums and ban the flammers. And still, there is no channce for theme to die.

In fact, many of dev teams who are very, very friendly and always talk with their fans die.

The bankrupcy has NOTHING to do with fans loving theme.
Maybe true, maybe not! I only know that I WON'T be buying any more games developed by Nival … whether or not "Might & Magic" is in the title!
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

vhilhu
Druid
Druid

Unread postby vhilhu » 17 May 2007, 18:34

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 May 2007, 18:40

About time they made funerals into the next big thing.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 17 May 2007, 18:41

Hahaha, good one. :D Here's mine:

Cleanup of the Nival US office is under way:

Return to “News”