Patch 1.5 is Out

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
King_Roland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby King_Roland » 05 May 2007, 22:09

@dylanfan - thanks for your input. I will restart the campaign mission but at a different difficulty level. I will post a new comment if I am successful. My previous attempts were both at Normal.

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby Sir Charles » 05 May 2007, 22:53

Actually that campaign issue has been there since the first patch. They made it very clear early on that any maps that you're in the middle of when a patch is installed will have a VERY good tendency to crash. Unfortunately, they failed to mention that occurance with every subsequent patch. So, good rule of thumb to follow....finish any open maps BEFORE patching. Mid-campaign is fine, mid-MAP will fail quite often.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

King_Roland
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby King_Roland » 06 May 2007, 00:39

Wow - restarting the mission at a DIFFERENT difficulty level worked. I restarted the mission I mentioned previously but at Hard instead of Normal. I had previously restarted the mission thinking that would solve the issue but I had used the same (Normal) difficulty level but crashed at the end of the mission anyway.

Saturas
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby Saturas » 06 May 2007, 00:44

luckily I've finished the campaign but I will not start the HOF campaing before 2.2 if that patch is to be released soon.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 06 May 2007, 00:46

@ Saturas, I don't think they are planning to release it any time soon...I would give 2.2 about a month and a half.

Wurtzel
Scout
Scout

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby Wurtzel » 06 May 2007, 01:36

@ToweringAmishPlumber Why not install the game and see for yourself?? Rather then listen to the negative few, or to those who have problems due to irregular congifugurations (os or hardware) listen to the silent majority who do NOT have problems.
Edited on Sun, May 06 2007, 02:26 by Wurtzel
I THINK SO THEREFORE I AM

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Re: Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 06 May 2007, 01:50

PhoenixReborn wrote:@ Saturas, I don't think they are planning to release it any time soon...I would give 2.2 about a month and a half.
I hope it does not take that long! 1.5 brough the original HOMM up to 2.1 HOF changes. If seem that bringing HOF up to the additional changes that 1.5 original made would not take so long.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 06 May 2007, 06:13

PhoenixReborn wrote:@ Saturas, I don't think they are planning to release it any time soon...I would give 2.2 about a month and a half.

I sure hope that was meant to be a joke. There is no possible way that Patch 2.2 will be released that soon.

Hell, the way Fabrice made it sound, they haven't even started on it yet. Even when they do finally announce a patch, it still takes 2 months minimum to release.

I would expect this next patch to show up right around the time of the next expansion's release which isn't until slated until the Fall.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby Cleanpea » 06 May 2007, 11:03

But even so, install the game. The singel scenarios on the disc, and the ones posted by mapmakers, are really much fun to play! I never bothered too much with the campaigns, they tell a boring story in a boring way.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 06 May 2007, 13:14

smith-b-d wrote:@Omegaweix

Yes it does. I was using a moddefied difficulty level which is now no longer working since installing the patch.
"Great" news... haven't played Heroes since patch 2.1 for HoF and it seems it won't change anytime soon...
So i'll stick to GalCiv2 again, a fantastic game with an almost non cheating A.I..... money well spent!

Thank you Nival :disagree:
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

MER
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby MER » 06 May 2007, 19:11

Bah, what's the point in releasing an update for the vanilla game without applying it to the expansion O_o. Ubival are still full of surprises.

"So i'll stick to GalCiv2 again, a fantastic game with an almost non cheating A.I..... money well spent!"

Yeah, I like it too, although I prefer Civilization 4 better :P.

soupnazii
Genie
Genie

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby soupnazii » 07 May 2007, 03:17

@ToweringAmishPlumber

wait, let me get this, you got H5, but did not install it.. then, months later, even though you still did not install the original game, you spent even more money on an expansion, one which you did not install either. now you have no intention of installing either anytime soon, but i bet youre already saving up for TotE, huh? that doesnt seem to make alot of sense...

listen to Wurtzel: sure, some people have problems, and the few that do make sure they get themselves heard, but on the other hand i would guess that about 85% of players dont experience about 85% of the commonly-mentioned problems... i know i dont... install the game even if only to earn yourself a right to complain, because you cant complain about a buggy game that isnt even installed on your computer.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 07 May 2007, 08:23

that's .... odd
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 07 May 2007, 21:27

@strefan.urlus & soupnazii: Not really that odd. First, I have always bought way ahead of my time to play PC games. I currently have nine PC games that I have yet to install. I got into the habit of this

many years ago (Can you say Commodore?) because I found that when I waited until I had the time to install and play a particular game, it was no longer available. I got tired of that so if I was interested in a game when it was released, I bought it, Actually, I know many "old-timers" who do the same thing. Second, if companies released up-to-date (meaning patched) versions of their games in stores periodically, I might wait to buy a game. Unfortunately, version 1.0 will be the retail version til hell freezes over, so I might as well buy the game early and download the patch(es) when I'm ready to install the game.

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 08 May 2007, 06:19

:D maybe it does make a small amount of sense :)
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

hein321
Peasant
Peasant

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby hein321 » 09 May 2007, 09:04

grumpy old wizard let's do a friendly homm5 duel?
Edited on Wed, May 09 2007, 03:15 by hein321

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 09 May 2007, 11:23

hein321 wrote:grumpy old wizard let's do a friendly homm5 duel?
Edited on Wed, May 09 2007, 03:15 by hein321
Unfortunately at this time I am limited to hotseat games.

If you want to send a message to an individual it is best to PM or email him. Otherwise the forums will be full of personal messages to individuals that others will have no interest in reading.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

sectec11
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.5 is Out

Unread postby sectec11 » 22 May 2007, 02:18

Anybody else have trouble with Patch 1.5. HOMM V crashes from one campaign scenario to the next.

Return to “News”