King´s Bounty Trailer and Shots

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 25 Apr 2007, 08:30

Demo for new King's Bounty is planned in summer(info from official site forums). And I hope that release will be in time, in the end of year. I like graphics, but battlefield is to small, seem that there will be no zombie dancing as in HoMM III.

About Disciples 3 - dwarves are reserved for add-on again:D

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 25 Apr 2007, 08:42

Not to mention Necro.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2007, 10:27

I seem to be unable to d/l the video. Any alts?
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

waffen
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby waffen » 25 Apr 2007, 11:16

Yes, try http://www.ag.ru/files/videos/kings_bounty_the_legend

there are all videos available so far.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2007, 11:27

10x.
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 25 Apr 2007, 12:15

'No idea what that chest is doing on the battlefield, but looks interesting.'

I remember reading in a preview that battlefields contain treasures as an incentive to rush your troops forward (in order to obtain them), rather than having your troops hold back and wait for the enemy to arrive.

WhiteRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WhiteRider » 25 Apr 2007, 13:38

Beatifull, simply beatifull...

The atmosphere is magical and you can sunk in it. I am not sure if I will like the movement on the map since it is not turnbased but I like the battles. The field seems to be something like 9x10 but there are different sizes for now. It is VERY logical all units to take only 1 hex since this size is abstract, in heroes it wasn't understandable for me why some take 2 or 4 hexes, since the size differes only per one creature - it is logical that 1 dragon is larger than one pikeman but you can have 50 times more pikemen in number than dragons and in the end maybe they took the same size (if 20 humans equal 1 dragon in overall size).

Graphics seem to escape from the WOW/cartoon/manga cliche in which even heroes 5 fall and all creatures have very much details in the armor, weapon even in the shine of the armor.

Not to mention the spellbook which we never had in hmm5. I couldnt escape from the parallels with hmm5 but kings bounty in my oppinion has all elements that I wanted from hmm5 in terms of graphics and look and couldnt find them in the 5th heroes.

I paused the movie on several moments and the skill system looks very different, the skills were bought with different ammounts of runes. The ones that were picked if I understood correctly give more gold after killing demons and undead, all creatures do more damage vs undead, increases the reward for quests and the last I saw was a skill that enables clerics to be upgraded in inquisitors.
Edited on Wed, Apr 25 2007, 06:39 by WhiteRider

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 25 Apr 2007, 14:21

While the game seems like it could be a good game, I am unable to tell a whole lot about the inner workings of the game and how everything actually works. The skill system could be great...but could also suck. In all, I'll wait to be glad.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 25 Apr 2007, 15:43

From the screenshots, I too loved the atmosphere of this game; gimme "fairy tale" over "realism" anytime. :-D Anyhow, can anyone describe what the trailer is like and what it reveals? I am on a very slow dial-up connection and the trailer would take more than 7 hours to download … :S … I don't think I will be able to download it.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 25 Apr 2007, 15:49

In a story on GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/6169652.html), you can read that 1C, the publisher of King's Bounty and other games like turn-based strategy game Fantasy Wars has signed a copublishing and distribution deal with Atari. This likely means that future 1C titles will stand a better chance of commercial success in the Western part of the world than their previous titles.

-thing
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby -thing » 25 Apr 2007, 17:27

I just hope the game will run on my laptop reasonably well. In Heroes 5 i can tolerate a bit of lag for having all the eye-candy, but this runs in real-time (except battles) and even a bit of lag in the wrong place might make the game unplayable. That said, i'm very excited about the screenshots, especially the phoenix, it actually looks good and is definitely on par with H2;s.

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby 1979 » 25 Apr 2007, 18:13

Hmmm, looks good! I am not certain that I will buy it, but there's a chance.

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 25 Apr 2007, 19:10

I liked original KB, so i will most likely get this one too... i hope they still keep the differences that made KB unique experience tho...

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 25 Apr 2007, 23:08

Just saw the trailer and it all seems very positive. The new world is nicely detailed and full of life, there are the classic homm units(rather well designed too), nice and seemingly unpredictable spells. It feels familiar yet not...I can't say I liked all the units plus the animations could be better(griffin's for instance...) but these are of secondary importance. If I have the time I will check it out.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 25 Apr 2007, 23:57

Damn, still no large trailer. Oh well.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 Apr 2007, 04:04

Trailer was kinda good. Impressive with the minimovies running in the lower part of the window :)

It looks good. Graphics are great, but the animations when creatures get hit lack blood, wounds or a cool effect (Yes, I care about that).

All I can think of now is that they balance it.

On to the screenshots:

1. Cartoonish....looks like WarCraft III or Etherlords II (same engine?). I want Disciples art! :-D

2. Looks OK. Plus for the glowing chest. Atleast it will be easy to find interactable objects. But it isn't DX 10 graphics and it seems jaggy (no antialiasing?)

3. 5 stacks and morale is a factor. Now I wonder how many morale types there are and what the effects of them are.
The big question is the rune-skilltree to the right. There's 3 skilltrees. Each has it's own type of rune. I wonder what kind of abilities that is....
Also, Knowledge is out but it's gainable in steps of 10. I would have guessed that Intellect affects mana but seeing as the hero only has one lousy point in that I don't think so.

4. You can buy magic scrolls and troops in town on the left picture and your hero is portrayed at the right. Cool images in the empty artifact slots :)

5. 10 bucks that building got something to do with mana :)

6. Retreat option and autocombat I think. Cool demons and nice chest. Guess you have to take it before the battle ends.

7. Not so goodlooking spell for being 2007. Wonder who casted it though as the Skeleton and Skeleton Archers on the right didn't get hit by it.

8. LOL! WTF is that strangelooking red fly looking thing over the bridge?!
Nice environment with the waterflowers and little bridge. First goodlooking house!

9. The building to the right look to advanced to be a peasanthut so I guess it's a villagetavern. Swordsmen guarding the way and I think it's a attackboosting adv.map object up north.

10. What's with the purple on the back of the wings on that Phoenix??
NWCs Heroes V Phoenix is still the best. The Green dragon looks a bit evil with the horns (no fault with that). Nice to see some battlemap obstacles.

11. A different shaped battlefield! :-D Nice environment too!
Dracula looking vampires :/ Very cool BoneDragon! Looks fresly animated from the graveyard :)
Wonder what that black thing on the right to the Green Dragon is. Wonder even more how powerful that Undead Swordsmen is. Don't think it's a DoomKnight though (WBC III elite Undead unit). Looks too weak for that.

12. Think that building is some kind of lowlvl Wizard tower. (For some reason I associate blue with Wizards :p). Approved lightning effects on the front part of the Wizard tower and the bridge.

13. Cool to see that the day/night cycle changes the graphics. Bestlooking picture so far. Some interesting buildings here. The long thing on the middle of the bridge....the two buildings of the same type to the right and the normal greencolored house just to the north of the hero.

14. A bearded treant ^^ But anything looks better then the Heroes V TreeAnt though. Even the trees outside my window.
I think the strange symbols (elvish?) on the Unicorn are a blessing.

15. Decision about two things?

16. A nice blue bastion and two peasant huts (looks like it) and a round building with a round overpart....and a barrel of beer outside :-D

17. Powerful Undead army faces of against the heros Phoenix and Black Dragon(!). It has the same position as the HIV dragon but looks much better (ofcourse). There's also a glaring clipping problem with downleft pillar.

18. A windmill and a plant you can pick up. Green house connected to the windmill too.

19. Oversized carnivourous plant to the northleft. Wonder if the work like in Etherlords....Funny with the archerytarget at the chest. Seems out of place :p Strangelooking building to the northright. Wonder what that is...

20. Again that strange window....perhaps it's autocombat....came to think of something else. Perhaps a skill that you can select that will aid you in the battle.

21. Ah, the familiar lvlup screen. You get two choices. In this case it's Attack or Defense.

22. This picture really shows the graphics worst part. The plants are twodimensional....Need to fix this if they don't want their game to be laughed at.

23. Funny flugsvamp. Big and tasy :D The path to the underworld could have been made better...a lame looking wolfhead looking at you isn't that cool. This is easy to improve.

24. The Liches got their green glowing staffs alright (though they look like Vampiremages) Guess Phoenix is moving. But it looks very strange as a screenshot.

25. Giant with woodenclub against Skeleton Archers = plockepinn :D
Funny that the Skeleton Archers quiver is so blue....one would think it would be gray and worn.

26. Guess that blue stonething that transforms into a sword is the 'rage power'.

27. OMG LOOOOL! That ghost looks ridicoulous! :rofl: Imagine a grinning skull with a white dress and hair that's 1m long that stands out to the back....completely ridicoulous.

28. Well atleast the ghosts look somewhat scary when they attack.
Last edited by Campaigner on 29 Apr 2007, 02:06, edited 1 time in total.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 26 Apr 2007, 05:54

After looking at the trailer and the screenshots again, I think I noticed something. When the Unicorn attacks, it isn't just a standard melee attack. It looks like there is either fire or lightning shooting out of it's horn.

WhiteRider
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby WhiteRider » 26 Apr 2007, 11:41

@kingimp,

it was said somewhere that some creatures have special abilities that recharge in battle. the poison of the cobras needs 3 turns to recharge and afterthat they can poison again. I noticed that the unicorn has a special button in the battle menu - an unicorn horn, and maybe it is a special attack (dont know what it does).

@campaigner

on screen 21 when level-up you choose between attack and rage, not attack and defence :)

and the game doesnt have 5 types of morale. your hero has leadership value and every creature has leadership value. you can hire limited numbers of creatures according to your noble rank (lord, baron, duke etc), skills and levels.
Edited on Thu, Apr 26 2007, 04:48 by WhiteRider

arkantos
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby arkantos » 26 Apr 2007, 17:55

Well there appears to be very different opinions on how appealing the graphics are. Are they nice, unmistakably yes! Are they cartoonish, perhaps, at least some are. But that shouldn't matter, if it's nice, it's nice. I personally feel the adventure screen is quite similar to H5, but the combat screen is amazing! The spells are impressive and the units' movements are fluid.

Will it be as good or better then H5, who know. No one will be able to tell until the game goes gold (at least for those of us who prefer to obtain legitimate copies).

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 26 Apr 2007, 18:00

WhiteRider: Check pic 3 and you'll see small smileys downleft in their portraits :)

Return to “News”