Countdown to B-Day

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Angelspit » 19 Jan 2006, 03:33

The open beta test could start anytime now, judging from what the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 36993">new community manager</a>, Jinx, <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... >announced a couple of days ago</a>. Solmyr, RLHvanDijk, Polaris and forum mascot Znork tried to <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/pl ... .gif">make her talk more</a> earlier today, but with very little success: <i>"news soon. :) it only got mentioned a few days ago!"</i> And later on: <i>"did see the game in action yesterday. it was great."</i> She is a woman of a few words.

While you wait, you can look at <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/417">concept art of the Heroes V protagonists</a>, Isabel and Agrael (thanks Igoraki). There is also <a href="/http://www.nival.com/homm5_ru/pressa/4123/">two tiny new screenshots on the Nival site</a> (thanks Age of Heroes). Is that The Flash on the right?

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1137641635
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 08:56

When it will be release exactly (the beta )???

Morannon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Morannon » 19 Jan 2006, 09:05

The beta begins January the 19th. Scroll down the front page and you will see the announcement.

In the first of those new screens there is what looks like a rust/gold dragon, which would make it neutral. Or maybe it's the sylvan "green dragon" that they decided to give another colour. In the second we have a shadow dragon I presume.
Edited on Thu, Jan 19 2006, 02:11 by Morannon

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 19 Jan 2006, 09:12

The opened beta should start in just a few hours,so be ready :devil:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 19 Jan 2006, 09:18

Morannon wrote:The beta begins January the 19th. Scroll down the front page and you will see the announcement.

In the first of those new screens there is what looks like a rust/gold dragon, which would make it neutral. Or maybe it's the sylvan "green dragon" that they decided to give another colour. In the second we have a shadow dragon I presume.
Well Age of Heroes has Gold as the upgrade for Green Dragon, so that's most likely a Gold one.

Man i really hate how the Shadow/Black Dragon looks.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby sisko » 19 Jan 2006, 09:26

Where can we probably find the beta when it starts? I mean there are several official sites. Do you think we will get to see all creatures, or just from 2 or 3 factions.

sisko
Peasant
Peasant

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby sisko » 19 Jan 2006, 09:27

I mean, its a beta, so you'd think we get the whole game to sort out bugs. Compared to a demo

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 09:31

I konw this but I cant wait for a very llong time. I must go to the school at 12. 00 after I can apply for the beta. My copmuter requirements will be enough? (AMD XP 64 bit 2800+ , 1 GB Hynix ram, Ati 9600 XT with 256 ram)

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 09:53

Sorry for my mistakes , these were because of my keyboard s problem.

Morannon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Morannon » 19 Jan 2006, 09:53

The shadow dragon is kind of small, looks more like a scared drake. I hope the black one is bigger.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Arzang » 19 Jan 2006, 09:56

if everyone is talking about the same picture let's think about this:

the dragon wasn't erect.

the colossus might well be the BIGGEST creature in the damn game (Colossus. think about it).

you don't need to be big to be powerful.

the black dragon might have the strongest attack but maybe it isn't so touch defense wise?

everyone loves the blackie. why isn't anyone whining about the colossus? his design is much more boring.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby dragonn » 19 Jan 2006, 11:51

Well, I think those dragons should be a bit bigger, they play a major role in the game...

About the beta: I don't know why so many of you have a desire to play it. I'm from the kind of gamers who like to play the final game, in it's full bloom :P, not the bugged one (altough, the fact that the game will be released soon, I presume there won't be many :D). I've waited soooooo long for this game, I can wait a bit longer....
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 12:46

Where did you see this???

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Orfinn » 19 Jan 2006, 13:25

@ThunderTitan

Hmm I think its a gold/bronze/rust dragon etc, judging from the color unless the lighting effects are a bit bright which makes the green look gold. I dont think they will replace the green with gold upg> emerald but its possible, still I hope there will be green instead of gold as downgrade, fits better because the morphing from green to emerald seems more logical than gold--> emerald

I guess it looks more like a shadow dragon than black dragon, if you keep a close eye on where the dragons head get lighted by its breath, it looks more dark grey (with a touch of green) than black. And if you see the concept art of the Shadow Dragon, you will see that the dragon have a color blend of grey-greenish.

So dont worry about if the black dragon will really be black enough judging from the Dungeon VS Academy screenie, Im pretty sure it was a shadow dragon on that picture not a black one.
Edited on Thu, Jan 19 2006, 06:48 by Orfinn

Crusard
Equilibris Team
Equilibris Team

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Crusard » 19 Jan 2006, 14:19

Betas are even inferior than demos. They lack of content (At least this one) and still have some bugs (Small ones, the worst ones have already been corrected in the closed beta :P)
==============
I still don't get that stupid WoG puzzle.

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 14:32

I think the open beta will be release on tomorrow not today. :)))

umfridus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby umfridus » 19 Jan 2006, 14:38

It's official: the launch of open beta has been postponed. News on the French site.

Frankly, I half expected it to happen. We've seen plenty of delays up to this stage.
Edited on Thu, Jan 19 2006, 07:59 by umfridus

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Vision » 19 Jan 2006, 14:54

As per http://www.mightandmagicgame.com/fr/ (translated)

It was decided to defer the launching ofopen beta planned for Heroes of Might and Magic V. An official statement on the effective date of launching of this beta will be carried out later on.

It was noted that beta could not have provided you a satisfactory vision of the play and, in order to provide you a product of better quality, it was thus decided to defer launching. All the team works now to finish as soon as possible with best possible quality the last adjustments on this open beta.

We excuse ourselves for all the hopes born today and which cannot be satisfied. We hope that you will understand that it is for better satisfying you than we had to make this decision.

Still all our excuses.
Edited on Thu, Jan 19 2006, 10:45 by Vision

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby hahakocka » 19 Jan 2006, 15:10

And then how many days later approximately???

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Countdown to B-Day

Unread postby Vision » 19 Jan 2006, 15:17

There was no statement as to how long the open will be delayed.

I am actually glad that it is delayed. The more they get fixed before the masses see it, the better off everyone is.

Return to “News”