Tribes of the East Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Eternor
Super Peasant
Super Peasant

Unread postby Eternor » 11 Apr 2007, 15:58

Some new information from here.

Orc creature lineup:
level 1: goblin;
level 2: centaur (with horns);
level 3: orc warrior;
level 4: orc shaman;
level 5: orc warlord;
level 6: pao kai;
level 7: cyclops;

One of the orc town's special buildings adds bonus to Rage;
Orcs will be able to cast only adventure spells;

Also, something new from here:

In Russian, the new race is called Horde;
Goblins will desert when there is only one fourth of them left alive in the stack;
In battle, when an orc warrior stands still or does not attack, his characteristics will start to decrease;
There will be special buildings - heaps of trophies, which will help orcs when they battle;

EDIT: Representative from Nival denied the part about haven's alternative upgrades being completely new, so wee will most likely see Renegades as the alternative upgrade for haven.
Last edited by Eternor on 11 Apr 2007, 19:31, edited 1 time in total.

Zoltang
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zoltang » 11 Apr 2007, 16:03

Instead of the orc warriors or shamans, they should have moved each creature above level 5 down one and added the behemoth as level 7. Cyclops should not be a level seven!!!!!!

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 11 Apr 2007, 16:09

I am fine with cyclops as the highest level creature, because it was this way in Heroes I and II, too. I would like to have seen an ogre/ogre mage instead of the orc shaman, though. Unless the ogre is added as a neutral creature, this will be the first Heroes game without them.

Omega_Destroyer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Omega_Destroyer » 11 Apr 2007, 17:56

Thanks for the update Eternor. It's nice to see the Cyclops returned to glory. Even better, we don't have another level 7 dragon-esque unit.
And the chickens. Those damn chickens.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 Apr 2007, 18:40

Eternor wrote:Some new information from here.

Orc creature lineup:

So, will we be looking at 2 shooters (Centaur and Cyclops) or 3 (Orc Shaman)?

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Apr 2007, 18:49

Cyclops doesn't have to be a shooter necessarily or does it?

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 11 Apr 2007, 19:14

To quote Eternor earlier,

"Cyclops will be a level 7 creature and will have the ability to eat and throw goblins."

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 11 Apr 2007, 19:26

That sounds more like a TELEPORT function for me. I mean, they sure can't crack walls with Goblins and I don't see how they will be able to hit something like a Dragon with Goblins and doing damage. Moreover,, how many Goblins will you fire this way. Let's say you have a dozen Cyclopses , level 7 creatures, how many Goblins will you throw onto a comparable creature, for example a couple Titans to do a comparable damage?

Roman
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Roman » 11 Apr 2007, 19:37

Hopefully Ubi/Nival is not stupid enough to make orcs and dwarves not playable on the same map.

With the small number of maps they had better also make existing maps work with orcs (the ones with random towns.)

I hope so, but one never knows. Hopefully, they will clarify this standalone issue soon. As to playing on old maps, it would be nice, but I am concerned whether the Hammers of Fate will integrate into the Tribes of the East at all, given that it is a standalone product, so Dwarves may not be playable at all (or Orcs if playing Hammers of Fate).

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 11 Apr 2007, 20:02

Eternor wrote:Orc creature lineup:
Well, that settles it then.

Levels 1, 3, 6 & 7 were to be expected - and I'm ok with them.

I'm a bit disappointed with Centaurs being only lvl.2 while that stupid tambourine guy is lvl.4. And a bit surprised the (almost) topless chick is a lvl.5 Warlord, as she looked pretty much like the Blood Maidens.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Silence » 11 Apr 2007, 20:19

Jolly Joker wrote:That sounds more like a TELEPORT function for me. I mean, they sure can't crack walls with Goblins and I don't see how they will be able to hit something like a Dragon with Goblins and doing damage. Moreover,, how many Goblins will you fire this way. Let's say you have a dozen Cyclopses , level 7 creatures, how many Goblins will you throw onto a comparable creature, for example a couple Titans to do a comparable damage?
Teleport is a possibility, but sounds too kind. Eating goblins will anyway rise the question how many goblins will be used. Could be a fixed number of HPs or depend on the number of cyclops.

chester_a_r
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby chester_a_r » 11 Apr 2007, 20:28

In the new information (russian) that Eternor has posted, does it say anything else about the alternative upgrades, except the denial that there will be new alternatives for heaven? (i apologize if this may have already been answered)_a_r
Edited on Wed, Apr 11 2007, 13:29 by chester_a_r

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 11 Apr 2007, 21:03

Zamolxis wrote:I'm a bit disappointed with Centaurs being only lvl.2 while that stupid tambourine guy is lvl.4. And a bit surprised the (almost) topless chick is a lvl.5 Warlord, as she looked pretty much like the Blood Maidens.
I suspect the Tambourine "Orc" is in fact a Goblin, and that the chick is the shaman.
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

kingcranium14
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby kingcranium14 » 11 Apr 2007, 21:26

Yay! A level 7 Cyclops! It's almost just like back in H1 and 2 when the game was fun! I won't get my hopes up, though
Edited on Wed, Apr 11 2007, 14:27 by kingcranium14

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 11 Apr 2007, 21:57

Is this serious? Orcs can't use any spells in combat? I know the dwarven runes are arguably overpowered but come one? They better have one hell of a racial ability...one that dampens enemy spells?

By the way I'm pretty sure the cyclop throwing goblin thing was a joke...

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 11 Apr 2007, 22:10

PhoenixReborn wrote:Is this serious? Orcs can't use any spells in combat? I know the dwarven runes are arguably overpowered but come one? They better have one hell of a racial ability...one that dampens enemy spells?

By the way I'm pretty sure the cyclop throwing goblin thing was a joke...
Well, I'm hoping if there is magic dampening they don't go overboard. If they can cancel out magic then magic based heroes stand no chance. Might is strong without using magic and their attack/defense always helps their troops, not to mention skills like tactics that are also always in effect.

I'm interested to see what their special and skill tree looks like. Having a pure might faction is good.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I Beeba Janus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby I Beeba Janus » 12 Apr 2007, 05:10

It would be my guess, as far as the units go, that the basic small goblin with the sword in the pictures is the unupgraded version and that we're looking at their two upgrades, one being the masked goblin with the tambourine (my guess a Goblin Taunter or something that has an ability to draw attacks) and the other being the red goblin with the wrapped head and the bear trap(?) on a chain.

winterfate
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby winterfate » 12 Apr 2007, 07:01

Welcome to the forums, I Beeba Janus! ;)

On a general note:
I just hope that the Orc lineup is more interesting than the Dwarven lineup.
Or at the very least, that the alternate upgrade concept is nicely implemented...
The Round Table's birthday list!
Proud creator of Caladont 2.0!
You need to take the pain, learn from it and get back on that bike... - stefan
Sometimes the hearts most troubled make the sweetest melodies... - winterfate

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 12 Apr 2007, 07:45

Zamolxis wrote: And a bit surprised the (almost) topless chick is a lvl.5 Warlord, as she looked pretty much like the Blood Maidens.

Out of curiosity, why do you think that female is the Level 5 Warlord? My first thought was she was the Level 4 Shaman.

I Beeba Janus
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby I Beeba Janus » 12 Apr 2007, 08:09

Thank you, winter!

Anyways, my best educated guess for the who's who of the line-up:

Goblin: is the scrawney sword one, then the two upgrades of the masked tambourine and red beartrapper.

Centaur: obvious

Orc Warrior: The somewhat squatty, armored warrior

Orc Shaman: the breasty girl and the orange breasty girl

Orc Warlod: The massive armored guy that looks way too much like Inferno hero

Pao: the dragon

and the yet to be seen Cyclops who, I wouldn't be suprised at all if he was melee, a throwback to Heroes II (seemingly what they're going for with the whole tribe), which would be very cool

Return to “News”