Tribes of the East Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 12 Apr 2007, 08:12

" level 1: goblin;

level 2: centaur (with horns);

level 3: orc warrior;

level 4: orc shaman;

level 5: orc warlord;

level 6: pao kai;

level 7: cyclops; "

Avery nice lineup and I wonder what the 2 upgrades for each of them are gonna be.

Only thing Im a bit dissapointed with is that as said, the centaur is only lvl 2. But its hard to set it different.

level 1: goblin;

level 2: orc shaman ;

level 3: centaur ;

level 4: orc warrior;

level 5: orc warlord;

level 6: pao kai;

level 7: cyclops;

You see, shamans as lvl 2 would be just as crazy or even more hazardous like the druid stacking, the mages on so on. :p

And I guess the cyclops stomp the enemy to death, eat them or throw boulders!

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 12 Apr 2007, 08:30

or shoot a paralysing red beam out of their eyes?
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

atma6
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby atma6 » 12 Apr 2007, 15:53

With their native terrain being the steppe, I would see them more as Mongolians than Native Americans.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Apr 2007, 16:24

The Sylvan elves are more native-american, and shaman is originally from the part of the world where mongols come from.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 12 Apr 2007, 17:58

You know the one thing I am not liking so far, if this lineup is correct? Why is it Orc, Orc, Orc? It's like they aren't even trying and don't have an imaginative bone in their bodies over at Nival.

Why not Troll Warrior and Ogre Warlord? Why do they all have to be an Orc?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Unread postby Pol » 12 Apr 2007, 18:13

It's much easier with limited budget to come out with orc1, orc2 and orc3 creature. Saving money here is allowing them to aim them at more important tasks, like is overall gui, control and AI. (I cannot guaranted that it's happened though.)

Maybe if there would be another expansion we may be expecting nagas and witches. Especially witches in Nival style can be promising. :D
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 12 Apr 2007, 18:19

King Imp wrote:
Zamolxis wrote:-And a bit surprised the (almost) topless chick is a lvl.5 Warlord, as she looked pretty much like the Blood Maidens.

-Out of curiosity, why do you think that female is the Level 5 Warlord? My first thought was she was the Level 4 Shaman.
I suppose I got confused by the fact that we already had 2 different Goblins in the screenshots, apart from the tambourine guy. But I realize now those 2 goblins could be the 2 alternate upgrades. I suppose I didn't expect to see both basic & upgraded creatures for the same lvl in the same screenshot.

In that case, the chicks are deffinetly the shaman, and I guess the fat guy - if not a basic Cyclop - is the Warlord.
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 12 Apr 2007, 18:33

Pol wrote: It's much easier with limited budget to come out with orc1, orc2 and orc3 creature. Saving money here is allowing them to aim them at more important tasks, like is overall gui, control and AI. (I cannot guaranted that it's happened though.)

Really? Well that's funny because considering it's been almost a year since the original game was released, we haven't seen a single change to any of those.

And honestly, all I was saying is it so hard to make a name change so they don't all say Orc. Not an overhaul of the creature models. How hard is to change a friggin name?

Zamolxis
Archangel
Archangel

Unread postby Zamolxis » 12 Apr 2007, 18:34

Pol wrote:- Maybe if there would be another expansion we may be expecting nagas and witches. Especially witches in Nival style can be promising. :D
I guess there is enough room for at least another town with the creatures left out.

Here's a list of 10 creatures to choose from for a Swamp town for example:
- Gnolls
- Froglodytes :D (j/k)
- Harpies (what's to stop them from having a nest next to the swamp)
- Lizard/Salamander Archers
- Beholder/Evil Eye
- Serpent/Dragon Flies
- Medusa/Gorgon
- Basilisk
- Wyvern
- Naga
The hero - as Pol said - would of course be the Witch. ;)

But I guess such a town will only be seen in a future fan-made mod (provided that the game will end up as successful as H3, to motivate enough talented people to work on such project).
'Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former' - Albert Einstein

'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind' - same guy

Silence
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Tribes of the East Announced

Unread postby Silence » 12 Apr 2007, 18:46

King Imp wrote:
Why not Troll Warrior and Ogre Warlord? Why do they all have to be an Orc?
Orc is shorter word than Trpll or Oqre, thus lower probability for spelling mistakes. Spelling mistakes annoy the fans, you know.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 12 Apr 2007, 21:23

I think the lineup is alright. They could have a wild, crazy human in there too and also an Ogre but it's alright. And I don't care about there not being a behemoth.

Man, I wonder how you would have reacted if you knew that the Leprechaun is the Halflings toplvl unit in Age of Wonders :D (A race in AoW has three units on each tier and only one lvl 4 unit).
Last edited by Campaigner on 15 Apr 2007, 23:13, edited 3 times in total.

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 12 Apr 2007, 21:39

Campaigner wrote:Man, I wonder how you would have reacted if you knew that the Leprechaun is the Halflings lvl 4 unit in Age of Wonders :D
Aaaah, don't use the EVIL WORD! :scared:

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 12 Apr 2007, 22:41

So the Warlord is an obese Orc?! Why aren't 2 Orcs (1 male, 1 female) plus the hero enough? The fat guy looks more like an Ogre anyway.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Apr 2007, 23:12

'Man, I wonder how you would have reacted if you knew that the Leprechaun is the Halflings lvl 4 unit in Age of Wonders :D'

Damn hard to kill too! But they aren't really powerful, just tricky and resilient.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 12 Apr 2007, 23:26

I like the AOW leprechauns. :)

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Elvin
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Elvin » 12 Apr 2007, 23:40

Yes, a creative and fun to use creature! I loved the way some units could use more than one activated abilities during a battle in AoW.
I, for one, am dying to find out what colour they paint Michael's toenails.
- Metathron

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 13 Apr 2007, 11:41

Odd!

Better get hold of Angelspit or someone to sort that out - looks like a bug

Lord_Haart
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Lord_Haart » 14 Apr 2007, 03:23

Meh, Leprechauns rock.

This seems like the xp that HoF should have been.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 15 Apr 2007, 18:40

Hmmm, with reading the lines that caught my eye were, "...and 'conclusion' of the Heroes V experience" and "It’s a fitting 'end' to Heroes V",,, the words, 'conclusion' and 'end' sounds like the final chapter of Heroes of might and magic, period... They may make this 2nd expansion the last for H-5 but it won't surprise me to see it the 'end' of any future homm and there may not be a

H-6, H-7, etc. The line that brings me to this conclusion is the first one I wrote, "and 'conclusion' of the Heroes V experience". Conclusion of the Heroes experience is what makes me think this is the end period of a future series... I hope they prove me wrong but I sure have strong doubts of ever seeing a H-6.
Edited on Sun, Apr 15 2007, 11:44 by addicted
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Darkstroem
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Darkstroem » 15 Apr 2007, 18:55

:|

You know that "Heroes V" means "Heroes 5", don't you?

Return to “News”