Tribes of the East Announced

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Apr 2007, 17:31

The second Heroes of Might and Magic V expansion, <i>Tribes of the East</i>, will be released this Fall. Here is a list of features:

<b>*</b> New Orc Faction: First made famous in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic™, the brutal Orc faction now comes to the Heroes series. Savage, fiercely proud and resolutely independent, the Orcs put the “might” in Might & Magic®. This faction’s troops include Orcs, Goblins, Cyclops and the famed Pao Kais.

<b>*</b> New Campaign: Experience the dramatic conclusion of the usurper Biara’s reign. Discovering the demonic influence that corrupts the Haven knights, the savage clans of the Orc will take up arms to eradicate the Inferno threat. Characters from Dark Messiah of Might & Magic will also appear to bring an unexpected twist to this multi-layered plot. In addition, Tribes of the East will feature 10 multiplayer and five single-player maps.

<b>*</b> New Upgrade Level: Every creature in the Heroes V universe will get a an alternative upgrade level, increasing the total number of creatures in the Heroes of Might & Magic V line to over 170! These powerful new abilities are sure to become an integral part of your combat tactics.

<b>*</b> Extra Content: Expand your arsenal and gameplay with new spells, artifacts, buildings and innovative features such as the combo-based Artifact Power Link and Battle Rage, the unique racial ability of the Orcs.

<b>*</b> Stand-alone Product: In order to allow both fans and newcomers to enjoy this dramatic conclusion to the Heroes V experience, Tribes of the East will be a stand-alone product – no previous Heroes game installations will be required to play.

The full press release can be found on the <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... ">official forums</a>.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1175794288
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 05 Apr 2007, 17:36

New Upgrade Level: Every creature in the Heroes V universe will get a an alternative upgrade level, increasing the total number of creatures in the Heroes of Might & Magic V line to over 170! These powerful new abilities are sure to become an integral part of your combat tactics.
That part looks interesting, although, my guess is that it will be like the haven renegades, not incorporated into the castle as a choice.

Still, it looks like this expansion will have at least as much as HoF if not more.
Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 10:36 by PhoenixReborn

icesensemadness
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby icesensemadness » 05 Apr 2007, 17:42

uggghh, why stand alone? i mean seriously.. It could have given me an excuse as to why i bought Hof for crying out loud. :lol: What? do they get more money off of it that way? :lol: If only there was a Might and magic Union, :rofl: there would be like strikes and boycotts.. that'll teach those ******************************** ehem.. nah those weren't profanities, i just asterisk a bunch of time to make it look like it :lol: ..ok i'm done :victory:
“You see, when I was a kid, they used to tell me that I could be anything I wanted to be. No matter what. And maybe I am insane, I don't know, but I still believe that.”
- from The Astronaut Farmer (2006)

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 05 Apr 2007, 17:44

Looks good! I'm glad the orcs made it in.

Alternative upgrades should be interesting. I hope the upgrades can all be done at the castle and that the new spells are more than just spells for the orcs.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 05 Apr 2007, 17:47

You can see some screenshots here: http://mightandmagic.uk.ubi.com/

You can also read on this page that this product is a 'fitting end' to Heroes V, so there will likely not be another expansion featuring the Naga.
Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 10:49 by Arveragus

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 05 Apr 2007, 17:53

The orcs in the screenshots have orange skin, just like they did back in Heroes II. The orc heroes ride on what looks like water buffalos.

One of the screenshots also shows a centaur.

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 05 Apr 2007, 17:55

Very cool! Very strange as well that this info isn't actually on the official forums. That link takes you nowhere.

The new upgrade levels sounds very interesting. I just hope they don't screw it up for the sake of just giving us more units.

So, what is a Pao Kais?

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Apr 2007, 17:58

There was a sticky by Acheval a couple of minutes ago only. I updated my news.

What's the name of the new town according to you? Stronghold?

Arveragus
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Arveragus » 05 Apr 2007, 18:02

Pao Kais are dragons with lightning breath in Dark Messiah (I just found the name in a Dark Messiah walkthrough; I haven't played the game myself).

I am not overly enthusiastic about the alternative upgrades. I think this system did not work well in Heroes IV either. After I conquered an enemy castle, I would often find that the enemy had built all the 'wrong' creature dwellings, making them incompatible with my own armies (by building the Mages' building instead of the Gold Golems' one, for example). I foresee similar problems with this title.

I am still looking forward to this expansion, though. I do expect the town to be called the Stronghold. The unit line-up looks similar to the ones in Heroes III and IV.
Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 11:06 by Arveragus

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 05 Apr 2007, 18:07

Oh Jesus! Get ready for the backlash from them adding yet another dragon. I personally am not one who is bothered by the amount of dragons, but would it be so hard to give us the Behemoth as this towns Level 7 unit?

As for the name of the town, Stronghold works for me. That's the way it's been the past two games.

Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 11:10 by King Imp

Bandobras Took
Genie
Genie

Unread postby Bandobras Took » 05 Apr 2007, 18:07

Unless they incorporated it so that an upgraded dwelling allowed you to choose to hire the alternate upgrades (i.e. a third slot on the creature hire interface).

Overall, I'm excited for the news. Presumably the orc town will be an attack-oriented town to match the Fortress' defense orientation.

I wonder what alternate upgrades the Inferno could have? :)
Far too many people speak their minds without first verifying the quality of their source material.

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 05 Apr 2007, 18:11

The alternative upgrades could be the most interesting part of the new expansion for me. Sure, it'll be nice to have the orcs back (what's a heroes game without them?), but I'm more curious about the alternatives for the necropolis...will the alternative bone dragon unit actually be worth buying? And a new upgrade for the ghosts to make them possibly worth the money? Or even the wraiths upgrade doing more than adding a few "stats"? I am salivating just thinking about it...

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 05 Apr 2007, 18:17

I wonder if the Renegades are going to be the alternative Haven units or if they have yet more units in mind.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Apr 2007, 18:24

If you guys could Digg my post so that we can spread the good news:

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Heroes_V_Tr ... _Announced

Thanks!

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Re: Tribes of the East Announced

Unread postby King Imp » 05 Apr 2007, 18:41

Starbatron wrote: I'm more curious about the alternatives for the necropolis...

Skeleton Mage
Flying Zombie
Uber Ghost
Vampirella (God, she was so hot when I was a kid)
Super Decrepid Lich
Wraith Sniper
Still Worthless Bone Dragon

Vokial
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vokial » 05 Apr 2007, 18:53

"Tribes of the East will be a stand-alone product – no previous Heroes game installations will be required to play."

Crazy Ubisoft!!!!! They to this for money! Everything from Heroes 5 and Hof will be in the new game, but they want to buy it again!

How many money they want?????

And the orcs must be ugly, but aren't they too ugly?

See the new upgraded variant of the minotaur, it's cool, but too like the others versions.

Hmmmmmm... I want to see this 3th upg... or maybe they will compel to choose between the upgareds (looks like Heroes 4).

The artifacts idea rox!

Hmmm... I was right! The Prophesy Book was right!

- Orcs

- Pao-Kai

- East

- Artifacts

- New Might race

WoW I'm the Seer King
Edited on Thu, Apr 05 2007, 11:53 by Vokial

Akul
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Akul » 05 Apr 2007, 18:56

So, thats the reason why Haven alternative ušgrades were kicked out from HoF! They wanted to give other factions the same treatment :)

@Vokial:

This isn't the first time dev's are doing this. Complainings of this kind didn't help before and they won't help now either.
I am back and ready to... ready to... post things.

Gaidal Cain
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Gaidal Cain » 05 Apr 2007, 19:01

Angelspit wrote: New Orc Faction: First made famous in Dark Messiah of Might & Magic™, the brutal Orc faction now comes to the Heroes series. Savage, fiercely proud and resolutely independent, the Orcs put the “might” in Might & Magic®. This faction’s troops include Orcs, Goblins, Cyclops and the famed Pao Kais.
So it's obviously not 7 different kinds of orcs. Good.
New Upgrade Level: Every creature in the Heroes V universe will get a an alternative upgrade level, increasing the total number of creatures in the Heroes of Might & Magic V line to over 170! These powerful new abilities are sure to become an integral part of your combat tactics.
Yay! Not quite the chaotic system we've wished for, but we're getting there. And it's bound to work better than in H4 since you can still ship around the basic creatures and upgrade them in one town (if only Ubival would make the caravan able to carry already bought units)
Stand-alone Product: In order to allow both fans and newcomers to enjoy this dramatic conclusion to the Heroes V experience, Tribes of the East will be a stand-alone product – no previous Heroes game installations will be required to play.
It's a SoD clone! it's a SoD clone! Waah!

;)
You don't want to make enemies in Nuclear Engineering. -- T. Pratchett

Amgor II
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Amgor II » 05 Apr 2007, 19:06

How come only 5 single player maps???????????
In the world of the Dead, its nice to be alive,I think.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Apr 2007, 19:53

Vokial wrote:Everything from Heroes 5 and Hof will be in the new game, but they want to buy it again!
Shadow of Death was a stand-alone and didn't include the RoE campaigns or the AB Conflux. And judging from the list above, Tribes will include more new material than any Heroes expansion before.

Return to “News”