Heroes V Music Review

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
lotusreaver
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby lotusreaver » 16 Mar 2007, 17:57

That's strange, I have both Price of Loyalty and Heroes II Gold. They both have vocals in their respective soundtrack, albeit the town themes are different.

In my copy of Heroes II Gold, all of the town themes have vocals.

In my copy of PoL, on the other hand, there are only vocals in the Barbarian (duet), Sorceress, and Warlock towns. The Necromancer town has the awesome piano solo and the Wizard castle has the rising motif that later becomes the Heroes III Castle theme.

You said there was also a third soundtrack for the French version? What was it like?

Regarding the comment about operatic music, I agree that we as fans and music lovers can certainly go beyond calling vocals in H2 "opera." However, I was simply pointing out that if the game itself refers to it as opera, there's no reason to complain that people are always referring to the H2's music as opera. :)

WretchedGnu
Peasant
Peasant

Heroes V Music Review

Unread postby WretchedGnu » 16 Mar 2007, 20:52

... sorry, but that argument is the same as saying we can't complain about spelling a word wrong or using a term incorrectly -- because that mistake had been made in the original manual!

If the original manual had defined "toaster" as a kind of ocelot, we would find it odd for anybody to repeat the mistake. A music track that happens to have a choral component is not, by any stretch of the imagination, "opera" -- and any reiteration of that idea is, well... odd!

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 16 Mar 2007, 22:24

I'd say that Heroes V got the best music of all the Heroes games though all towntracks except the Wizard and the grasstheme of Heroes II are great as well.

What was this newsitem about again? :D

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Heroes V Music Review

Unread postby Cleanpea » 22 Mar 2007, 17:11

It is a bit useless to compare the personal feelings you have toward music, up against the feeling other people has for the same music:)

Opera...

You see, I think the term was "operatic" not ."opera" Which something different entirely:) In H2(price of loyalty) and H4 there are solo singers, and they they sing in an operatic style (which is, you know, an easy way of describing it), they are really just classical singers. Read the interview with Rob King himself, here somewhere in CH...

Haydn is OK, Mozart and Beethoven rocks! You know, this other day I bought a (big)box set with Beethoven's complete symphonies, string quartets, piano sonatas, piano concertos, Piano trios, +++other stuff.

There is a similar box set containing Mozarts music, but I can't find it. So, now Beethoven reigns supreme alongside Radiohead, R.E.M. and the Arcade Fire...

Yeah, the thread... It was about H5 music.

I like it

Return to “News”