Printed Publication Info

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2006, 23:24

While various Web sites are releasing <a href="/https://www.celestialheavens.com/417">more screenshots that we can shake a stick at</a>, printed publications try to describe the gameplay. Here is what we learned recently:

<ul><li><b>Heroes V</b>: A <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/groupee/forums/a/ ... 3893">post by Val-Gaav on the official forums</a> provides the highlights of a preview in a Polish publication. It is said that the battlefield was reduced to a size of 8x10. If the dynamic mode is enabled, players have only a few seconds to make their move. However, they are allowed to place their units at the beginning of a battle thanks to the new tactics mode. The article also contains a general description of the mysterious ghost mode. <a href="/http://img483.imageshack.us/img483/9169 ... 5jf9bc.jpg" target=new">Check out the scan Val-Gaav provided</a>.

<li><b>Dark Messiah</b>: Round Table member Jonah Falcon got the February edition of PC Gamer, where the skill system is described. The six skills are Melee, Trickery, Stealth, Backstabbing, Distant Fighting and Spells. The four schools of magic, Fire, Air, Water and Earth, will include spells such as Telekinesis and Charm. Check out this <a href="/viewtopic.php?p=8816#8816">post</a> for the complete list.</ul>

Some people are already wondering if the new battlefield size isn't a bit small. We should be able to try it in a couple of days.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1137281063
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Arzang » 15 Jan 2006, 00:16

WHOA! "more screenshots that we can shake a stick at". this is either a result of spellnig or a funny pun. The pictures are nice and all but I don't shake my stick to those kinds of images.

Echo_
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Echo_ » 15 Jan 2006, 01:53

Is it me or do you guys also get tired of seeing endless amounts of new screens every week? I feel that once I've seen o... about 15 screenshots or so I get the jist of things and stop looknig at the new ones.

Am I pesimistic or is there really something interesting in each new bag of shots?
Be Without Haste
Live the Moment

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Angelspit » 15 Jan 2006, 02:06

Imagine if you had to save them on your computer, thumbnail them, reupload them on a server, repost them with links and finally comment them. And make sure you are not missing any. I say it's about time we have a meaty preview article now!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Labyrinth » 15 Jan 2006, 14:40

The spell school system for Dark Messiah doesn't exactly sound like it's gonne be the same as in Heroes V, does it?

Why can't they create ONE world and stay with it?
What the #$*! do we know?

Pol
Admin
Admin

Re: Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Pol » 15 Jan 2006, 16:25

One World is Not Enough.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ -- James Bond B-)
"We made it!"
The Archives | Collection of H3&WoG files | Older albeit still useful | CH Downloads
PC Specs: A10-7850K, FM2A88X+K, 16GB-1600, SSD-MLC-G3, 1TB-HDD-G3, MAYA44, SP10 500W Be Quiet

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Orfinn » 15 Jan 2006, 16:58

Glad to see the A.F.E.W magic sytem back.

Hope I can summon a freaking tornado with the air magic school *grin*
Edited on Sun, Jan 15 2006, 10:06 by Orfinn

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby Sir Charles » 15 Jan 2006, 20:19

"Imagine if you had to save them on your computer, thumbnail them, reupload them on a server, repost them with links and finally comment them. And make sure you are not missing any. I say it's about time we have a meaty preview article now!"

~~~yeah, imagine that. *looks down at his bloody stumps where his fingers used to be* Yep, a nice FULL SIZED OFFICIAL review would be MUCH appreciated.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

sezerp
Peasant
Peasant

Printed Publication Info

Unread postby sezerp » 17 Jan 2006, 09:54

About size of battlefield being 8x10: I'm quite certain it is wrong. In preview of HoMMV published in another polish magazine (CD-Action) one can read that the size of battlefield will be adjusted according to size of the armies up to the maximum of 14x16.
Edited on Tue, Jan 17 2006, 02:55 by sezerp

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Re: Printed Publication Info

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 17 Jan 2006, 12:30

sezerp wrote:About size of battlefield being 8x10: I'm quite certain it is wrong. In preview of HoMMV published in another polish magazine (CD-Action) one can read that the size of battlefield will be adjusted according to size of the armies up to the maximum of 14x16.

Let's hope so. But i'll complain anyway, just in case. :D
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”