Patches 1.41 & 2.1 Monday

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 25 Jan 2007, 17:02

Fabrice just said in <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 28725">the official forum</a> that the two patches will be out Monday:

<i>"The main content is allowing a switch of online servers in Ubisoft. The servers will go offline on monday from 3pm GMT to 9pm GMT. After this phase, you will need to have these patches applied to play online.

Patch 1.41 fixes the gating / phantom forces crash (it took long enought to squash it).

Patch 2.1 also contains a lot of updates and fixes for the addon. Here are the details from the readme."</i>

See the whole list of changes <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 5">here</a>.

They are now working on 1.5, which will contain, among other things, the duel heroes editor.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1169744552
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 25 Jan 2007, 18:12

Hooray, at last!!!

But wait... no "Animations on/off" button for the editor!

If it is too difficult for Nival to implement ONE bl***y button, maybe they should hire another company to help them out on that one!

In fact they even removed stuff from the editor again:

"- Non-working objects removed from the editor (Dwarven bridges, Dwarven wall_down set)" !!!

Well done guys, really :-( !
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

alx516
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alx516 » 25 Jan 2007, 18:31

Thank God (I'm a atheist) so that says a lot !!!!

I don't care too much for all of the other changes, but I need the RMG to perform perfectly to play a decent map. Hope it works great now .... See you all on Hamachi ;) ... who wants to join my server mss me.

Vokial
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Vokial » 25 Jan 2007, 19:21

Best (in my opinion ):

- Happiness animation added for Fortress creatures

- The Eternal Light perk modified (Hero’s light spells are now twice harder to dispel. Opposite spells like Slow vs. Haste applied by an enemy to hero’s creatures have a 50% chance to fail.)

- Fountain of Fortune no longer grants +0 Luck

- Warlords can no longer damage towers in Siege combat

- Magical elements now work with new creatures as well

- “Random town” can now be selected as an option in the random map generator

And about this:

Necromancy principles changed

Training principles changed

What they mean with "changed", I hope balanced Training.

And for the Necromancy, I'm sure that they want to make it weaker, like they doing in all patches... they always make nacro weaker

Finally we'll become something like this:

Basic Necromancy - 1% Skels

Advanced Necromancy - 2% Skels

Expert Necromancy - 3% Skels

Ultimate Necromancy - 3,5% Skels

Pillar of Bones - + 0,005% Skels

Amulet of Necromancy - +1% Skels

Why they dont make Academy or Haven weaker

No new spells , only 3 maps

I'm disappointed...

jeff

Unread postby jeff » 26 Jan 2007, 00:53

Sorry but I am not excited about this at all, I would rather they spend the time and get 1.5 with the campaign editor done. :mad:
Mala Ipsa Nova :bugsquash:

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 26 Jan 2007, 01:01

I am looking forward to seeing what all the patch has changed. Based on the previous patch documentation we will likely have to discover some of the changes ourselves.

GOW
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Starbatron
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Starbatron » 26 Jan 2007, 20:06

Yes, I am also worried about the weakening of the necros. Since the skewed change in Academy, I have since converted to the necro castle. If any one knows what "principles changed" means, please post it!

aaelgr
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby aaelgr » 26 Jan 2007, 21:56

Does anyone know if the patch will let Fortress players in custom games start with a random hero? (It doesn't on my version anyway).

Perhaps they could add some happiness animation to the Academy, they must be the most miserable town of all!
Edited on Fri, Jan 26 2007, 17:34 by aaelgr
"Losing isn't learning to be lost, it's learning to know when you're lost"
Idlewild, 'The Modern Way Of Letting Go'

Sir Charles
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Sir Charles » 26 Jan 2007, 22:18

Just so you know, Acheval just announced that it will be available on TUESDAY...not Monday as originally stated.
Calvin: "Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."

val-gaav
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby val-gaav » 26 Jan 2007, 23:58

Joly-Joker posted some time ago on this forums what the chaneg will be :

-necro - they will have a weekly limit for skeleton raised .... As for numbers I dunno...

-Haven - they will have a weekly limit for training ... this limit will be only 7 units ! ... Limit will increase a bit with one special building build.

alx516
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alx516 » 27 Jan 2007, 06:46

How can it be only 7 units ???

Maybe you can only train a specific number of hit points per week ... but 7 units can mean 7 peasants or 7 cavaliers !!!

We'll just wait and see ....

Jolly Joker
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Jolly Joker » 27 Jan 2007, 09:32

Okay, here we go.

The Dwarven issue for the original maps is fixed: you can now play Dwarven heroes on the original maps and they get runes and dwarven abilities and stuff. Repeat: Issue is fixed!

Second: Haven training will allow 7 units per week to train with Training Grounds and 20 after you upgrade it to Hall of Heroes.

Third: Necro Skeleton raising works in principle like before, however, there's a cap called "Dark Energy". A Necro player gets an amount of Dark Energy each week depending on a) Heroes and their level and b) a few dwellings. If you raise skeletons after a battle you have to pay dark energy for it. While I played a few turns in the Island for one's own map to see the exact numbers, I didn't get into it too deep because I'm currently more interested in checking the effect of the changed resource demands for the Dwarves. Anyway, I think, that I'd have been able to raise a bit more than 100 Skeletons in the first week. That would have been more in the second week due to my hero gaining experience and levels.

A really interesting detail is the fact that the Necromany description has been changed from "raising the dead opponents to SKELETONS to raising them to OWN SOLDIERS. While this may mean nothing at all, it may mean that you can raise maybe some or specific creatures to other units. This is further supported by the fact that it doesn't simply cost 1 point of dark energy to raise a Skelly, but two. Now, this could simply mean that it costs 2 points to raise a skelly and 3 to raise an Archer, but it could mean that you raise to zombies or gosts or whatever as well. I'm going to check this today or tomorrow and will keep you informed.
ZZZzzzz....

jeff

Patches 1.41 & 2.1 Announced

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jan 2007, 17:09

I will concede I am happy with many of the fixes in these patches, but I really hope the delay in 1.5 deals with making the editor more usable for those of us used to a menu driven editor.

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 27 Jan 2007, 18:47

jeff at 2007-01-27 10:09 wrote:

I will concede I am happy with many of the fixes in these patches, but I really hope the delay in 1.5 deals with making the editor more usable for those of us used to a menu driven editor.

I wish the editor had a 'menu' like in H-4 but I don't think Nival knows how to make it menu driven so us non-programmers could use the darn thing so I for one won't be making any maps unless they make the editor menu driven which I don't ever see forthcoming.. As it stands now, the editor is just too complicated to use for us who don't know anything about programming..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

jeff

Re: Patches 1.41 & 2.1 Announced

Unread postby jeff » 27 Jan 2007, 22:49

addicted wrote: I wish the editor had a 'menu' like in H-4 but I don't think Nival knows how to make it menu driven so us non-programmers could use the darn thing so I for one won't be making any maps unless they make the editor menu driven which I don't ever see forthcoming.. As it stands now, the editor is just too complicated to use for us who don't know anything about programming..
You are absolutely correct, several of us H-IV mapmakers will not make maps for H-V, not because we do not want to, but I just do not have the time to learn the complex scripting system. Sorry Pitsu as good as your guide was, it only convinced I can’t take time to learn and the time to use that thing. Your guide did more to scare me away than anything else. :? The result of these individuals not making maps is, H-V will not be as good as it could have been if they in fact map H-V maps. I am not saying my loss is necessarily that important, though I am working on a sequel to my first release and I am developing the story so it can be done in either editor, but as it stands the H-V version will not see the light of day, which is too bad as I like several of that editor’s capabilities. :cry:

omegaweix
Scout
Scout

Unread postby omegaweix » 28 Jan 2007, 12:31

Indeed, back in the days Heroes 4 scripting system encouraged me to take a closer look at because it was so convenient to use... the complete opposite to now!

Funny thing, i read Pitsu's scripting guide too, but although it was written very properly, the prospect of the huge efforts one has to invest for even achieving the smallest resulsts simply scared me away!
plastic people

silicone

never let them in your home

Panda Tar
Forum Mascot
Forum Mascot

Unread postby Panda Tar » 29 Jan 2007, 10:45

The changing about Necromancy sounds better. Maybe it'll balance a bit those weirdos from breeding too fast. I went playing that game these days and, in just 2 months, computer player gathered 7 k skeleton archers. A hell to kill.
"There’s nothing to fear but fear itself and maybe some mild to moderate jellification of bones." Cave Johnson, Portal 2. :panda:

Return to “News”