More on Arkane`s Crossing

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 14 Jan 2007, 14:05

The latest issue of Games for Windows Magazine contains more information about the new project at Arkane Studios (developer of Dark Messiah's single-player campaign), and its innovative <i>cross-player</i> gameplay:

<i>"The merging of single and multiplayer in The Crossing happens when "story players" (either by themselves or in co-op mode) suddenly switch over to fight live "skirmish players". Skirmish players can also go into story missions, taking over enemies that normally would be controlled by a game's AI. Arkane Studios is apparently planning to control the game's servers for players of The Crossing to assure that the mixing of single and multiplayer matches is seemless."</i>

It ain't Magic and Magic, so I'm talking about that game only because there's not much going on so far this year, and I wanted to point out that a studio as small as Arkane probably cannot work on two games simultaneously. If they're not involved in the game Jeff Spock referred to, I wonder what Tim Lang and the folks at Nival U.S. are doing these days.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1168783548
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Corelanis
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Corelanis » 14 Jan 2007, 14:15

Odd concept for a game, not my style though. Maybe Nival US is working on patch/expansion localization for H5.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 14 Jan 2007, 21:25

Unfortunately it means we won't see a Dark Messiah expansion in a near time.

Shortly after popped up news about Tim Lang joining Nival US studio, I asked him if he is working on MM10 and Tim denied it without any further comments. Maybe they indeed are working on a new M&M RPG game, just it won't bear the MM10 title. :D If you remember, back in 2000 3DO was going to release MM8 under a title "Day of the Destroyer". Anyway, that might be one of the surprises Fabrice mentioned some time ago. Maybe Might and Magic MMORPG?

socketboy
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby socketboy » 15 Jan 2007, 06:16

This game looks really interesting... I can't wait to see it in action.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 15 Jan 2007, 15:08

"Maybe Might and Magic MMORPG?"

Hoo boy, I'd like to see Fabrice pull that one off.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 16 Jan 2007, 17:21

I can imagine skilled players playing that game just to be a nuisance to other people's progress. "Time to reload that save game, noob!"
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Return to “News”