Still No Official Requirements

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 05 Jan 2006, 19:09

The system requirements that appeared on the <a href="/http://store.ubi.com/item.jsp?item=68292">Ubisoft store</a> (1.5 GHz processor, 512 MB or RAM, broadband for multiplay) and quickly spreaded to the official forums are not final. Fabrice posted the following <a href="/viewtopic.php?t=468">in the new forums</a>: <i>"Another US PR "mishandling"... The sys req for H5 have not yet been established. Please disregard these values."</i> A few weeks ago, Ubisoft's U.S. Web site also mentionned a release date somewhere in March, even if the producer himself didn't commit to any target date.

No real surprise on these rumored requirements, with the possible exception of the 512 MB of RAM. Age of Empires 3, which was released in late 2005, only required 256 MB. But let's wait for the final specifications.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1136488150
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 06 Jan 2006, 08:47

Well 512 Megs is no so much for new or even a bit older PCs.

But the rumors say that a powerful video card is also needed - and it is for a strategy not for fpp... :(
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Vigabergbui
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Vigabergbui » 06 Jan 2006, 09:47

Watch out! If you have 512MB of physical RAM, you will have less MB of available RAM. It happened to me that I installed Settlers V (requiring 256MB) in a PC with 256MB RAM and it didn't work, because the available mempry was 255MB.

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 06 Jan 2006, 17:25

Windows XP requires a minimum of 128MB(Quarter O.S. uploaded in memory).

Windows 2000 requires a minimum of 64MB(Half O.S. uploaded in memory).

Windows ME('99) requires a minimum of 32MB(Full O.S. in memory).

Windows '98se requires a minimum of 16MB(Full O.S. in memory).

Windows '95(v.2.5) requires a minimum of 8Mb(Full O.S. in memory).

So, XP requires the full 256Mb to function at its fullest proper abilities.

Therefore, you needed, rather, another 256MB card or another 512Mb card. Bringing the whole to a normal(by todays standard) 1,024Mb.

Windows Vista will require 256Mb for basic functionality. And, it is already recommended to have the full 512Mb. for a proper use/functionality as it to be fully uploaded into the machines' RAM.

That version will also require a specific high definition 3D processing extra video card(a whole list has already been posted onto Microsoft's web-site).

In other words, people using a 3Ghz@800FSB Machine probably already have the whole GB of RAM needed to fully install and launch WinVista.

All I need, right now, is a new video card and, that's it(choosing a 64bit version of Vista will be a must, at least, in my case). I already have 1.5Gb of RAM on mine.

Edited on Fri, Jan 06 2006, 10:31 by lpatenaude
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 06 Jan 2006, 22:40

The power of Heroes is not it's graphic but gameplay and artism. For me the graphic of the newest in Heroes series, which I see on the screens and movies, is very similiar to Etherlords (At first I even thought it's on the engine of this game). And this game did not have big system requirements...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 07 Jan 2006, 11:28

Itsd too high . My cumputer is contain a 2.8 GHz AMD Xp 64 bit, a 1 Gb hynix rAM a ati 9600 Xt 256 ram videocard. And I buy it in 2005 occtober so its new.

I heard a less requirement earlier. 256 ram , 1 Ghz, 32 ramo videocard, so it seems this was a lie trom Ubisoft. :))

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 09 Jan 2006, 01:06

512 sounds like an overestimation. My guess is closer to 128; possibly a recommended 256.
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

[T]osHiro
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby [T]osHiro » 09 Jan 2006, 02:02

:disagree: I was expecting 32 MB :disagree:
Round Table Olympics '07 Image

Return to “News”