Patch 1.4 is coming...

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Patch 1.4 is coming...

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 12 Nov 2006, 23:13

Shad0WeN wrote: Assuming it works exactly the same as before then, yes. You immediately get the spell in your spellbook and the ability to cast it at no cost, except now they are mass spells so it would seem they just wanted to make the perks a little more useful.
A little more usefull?Id call that a little ovepowered.

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Bethel » 12 Nov 2006, 23:51

The Mad Dragon wrote:Yea, I always did hate having other heroes running around. Hell, I hate having more than one because I hate splitting up units, but that's just me
Nah - it's not just you.

:hoo:

Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Patch 1.4 is Out

Unread postby 1979 » 13 Nov 2006, 21:23

Okay, HOW big is this thing??? 109 megabytes?! Yeah, right. Y'know, I have dial-up (and before someone says "get with the 21st century"... I'd love to, but dial-up is the only thing available where I live) and there is no way I can download something that big, even leaving it running over night... it took me several tries with the earlier patches and this one is twice as big.

Mytical
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Mytical » 13 Nov 2006, 21:25

There is a program if I remember right with the name vampire in it, that 'remembers' where you got cut off at and resumes from there. Think it is like net vampire or something. I used it when I was stuck with dial-up. Either that or get HoF which will have all of them on it :).
Warning, may cause confusion, blindness, raising of eybrows, and insanity. Image

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 13 Nov 2006, 21:27

Try using flashget.I downloaded 150 MBs with it once.But it was quite a pain.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 13 Nov 2006, 21:49

DAP also works.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Patch 1.4 is Out

Unread postby addicted » 13 Nov 2006, 23:38

1979 wrote:Okay, HOW big is this thing??? 109 megabytes?! Yeah, right. Y'know, I have dial-up (and before someone says "get with the 21st century"... I'd love to, but dial-up is the only thing available where I live) and there is no way I can download something that big, even leaving it running over night... it took me several tries with the earlier patches and this one is twice as big.
My download shows 112,628 KB. Maybe you can email UBI and ask if they can 'mail' the patch to you... just a suggestion...
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Patch 1.4 is Out

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 14 Nov 2006, 00:40

OK - dumb question, but patches vary from game to game so I'm going to ask anyway. Is it necessary to install all the patches in order, or does each patch contain everything from the previous patches plus new stuff, so that you only need to install 1.4 to get every fix?

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 14 Nov 2006, 00:46

Patch 1.4 contains all of the previous patches,so it can be used separatelly.The previous three,however must be instaled in order.

Cleanpea
Demon
Demon

Patch 1.4 is Out

Unread postby Cleanpea » 14 Nov 2006, 08:48

That means you will only need patch 1.4

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 17 Nov 2006, 07:21

"cumulative" is the word

sylvanllewelyn
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby sylvanllewelyn » 19 Nov 2006, 03:40

Mass haste without light magic only gives +10% initiative, so I don't see how the new power of speed is overpowered. Besides, it's an ability that you have to invest a few skill points towards, and even then heroes have so many more powerful things to do anyway. Knights would benefit, if it weren't nearly impossible for them to actually get that skill.

And power of endurance is only useful for warlocks, as wizards have so many other spells to cast. Plus, if your warlock ran out of spellpoints, you have other problems, and weak Dungeon units aren't going to be able to stand there and fight even with endurance.

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 19 Nov 2006, 05:34

BTW, they DID change how the artifacts work now that they have added the extra slot.

clover leaf and horseshoe, for example, now can ONLY go in the misc slot.

ergo, the old fan mod of the paper doll will need to be completely revamped.

If you try to use the old version with the new patch, you will not have the misc slot and thus not be able to utilize artifacts now classified as miscellaneous.

The Mad Dragon
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby The Mad Dragon » 19 Nov 2006, 12:57

Well that's good...hmmm, maybe I will invest in the 1.4 patch....

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 27 Nov 2006, 23:00

Is the 1.4 Patch included with Hammers of Fate? With HoF I have what "looks" like a paper doll figure in the inventory screen along with the extra artifact slot.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 28 Nov 2006, 14:06

Yup. HoF updates the game to the latest version (1.4)!
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Return to “News”