Heroes V town proposals contest

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 29 Dec 2005, 12:33

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1135857699

Grumpy Old Wizard
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Grumpy Old Wizard » 29 Dec 2005, 12:34

Since HOMM5 is due to come out when the contest closes this must be suggestions for expansion towns.
Frodo: "I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Morannon
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Morannon » 29 Dec 2005, 12:54

My guess is 90% of all the contest participants will be CH members. Steam town for teh win!

Monastor
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Monastor » 29 Dec 2005, 13:54

Heh... There will be lots of suggestions...

I bet that many people will suggest dwarven or orc cities... How original :]

I think I'll give it a try... I have a nice idea and I already have background for it
Monastor of the Ice Chambers of Might and Magic

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 29 Dec 2005, 14:23

Considering that the suggestion must include also history etc. that perfectly fit into current story, I am not so sure there will be huge amount of proposals. Moreover, I doubt that they are seeking for ideas for first expansion. They either just want to keep fans busy and on Heroes subject until the release of game or seek possible new ideas for some very far projects.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 29 Dec 2005, 14:37

a proposal thread should be created here if it isn't already (too lazy to check). also, didn't they already say no orcs?

anyway, I doubt they will plagiarize the town and put it in any expansion but it's a very neat contest to have. and it will be a nice way to keep the fans anticipating without having to release new info.

either how: if they release an expansion and they add a fan-created town, I think they will add one of their own towns as well. only implementing one of the fans' towns is almost like how 3DO released HOMM expansions without any new town.

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 29 Dec 2005, 15:53

D'you think they'll allow us to submit two?

Gnoll_Mage
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Gnoll_Mage » 29 Dec 2005, 18:15

What is the name of the new world it is all based in?
Edited on Thu, Dec 29 2005, 11:16 by Gnoll_Mage

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 29 Dec 2005, 19:34

They'll probably use the Map Editor and make a small parcel of land as a land mass for creating their specifically made up new town as a suggestion or even proposal for the first expansion.

Do not forget people that these new town ideas can also emerge into the many fan-made mods, soon to be made after the official release of HoMM5.
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

alchemy
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby alchemy » 29 Dec 2005, 20:06

@Gnoll_Mage, The world is called Ashan

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 29 Dec 2005, 20:43

Well didn't FC say there would be 11 factions in the new M&M world? Wouldn't that mean that Ubi already has ideas for the remaining towns/factions? Maybe not full creature rosters but atleast ideas on races and ideals!

I doubt that the towns will make it in a expansion, unless maybe they're close enough to the concept Ubi has! Or maybe Nival is just fishing for vreature ideeas!
Edited on Thu, Dec 29 2005, 13:43 by ThunderTitan
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 29 Dec 2005, 22:04

well. the chances of them using the town proposals in the game should be the same as, but probably lower than, them using the artwork submitted to the contest as official box art or something to that extent.

Vitirr
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Vitirr » 29 Dec 2005, 22:46

Probably this is just for fun, and they won't include any of these towns in an expansion but anyway, fortress lovers this is our opportunity :P.

lpatenaude wrote

"Do not forget people that these new town ideas can also emerge into the many fan-made mods, soon to be made after the official release of HoMM5."

I hope you are right and the game is that easy to mod. Who wouldn't dream about making his own mod adding his dreamed town for a mod? ;).

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 29 Dec 2005, 23:46

It's possible that there will be fan-made mods fairly soon after the H5 release, but traditionally (in the case of H3 and H4, I mean), the mods only came after the release of the official expansions. It generally doesn't make too much sense to mod a game that will still be undergoing official changes to it unless the game makers specifically make it modable (and perhaps they will).
- Fnord

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 30 Dec 2005, 00:50

This sounds neat. Maybe a winning design could be used as a special campaign-only town. It wouldn't be a bad idea, and it would encourage players to play the campaigns, but if it was a good town, it would suck to not be able to use it often. But, as some have said, maybe modding could change that. :)
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 30 Dec 2005, 16:35

I first it was some kind joke since "konkurs" in Swedish means that a company is bankrupt and has filed that chapter that ends their company.

I'm not gonna make any suggestions since I got better things to do but it's a nice idea to keep fans busy.

/me eagerly awaiting the steamtechtowns

Return to “News”