Nival about upcoming patch 1.4

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby myythryyn » 03 Nov 2006, 23:56

is the patch released seperately from the expansion? or is it included in the expansion, so you have to buy it to get patch 1.4? i hope its released seperately, or else it will be like we are paying for patch 1.4....

fly away
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby fly away » 04 Nov 2006, 00:03

I bet Ubisoft is doing all the language stuff - dialogs etc. No way a Russian would come up with that kind of language.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 04 Nov 2006, 00:27

My apologies for asking a question off topic, but I never was able to

find out the definitive answer on what, if any, copy protection was

included in the released version of Heroes V. If there is, does it cause any hardware problems and does it install any unwanted software (excluding pure copy protection software) on your PC?

Thanks to anyone who can answer that.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Re: Nival about upcoming patch 1.4

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Nov 2006, 00:47

ThunderTitan wrote: Knowing how things work over here it wouldn't suprize me that they actualy did. Trust me, it's not that they don't know the proper words, it's just that they don't care.
You know how "War dancer" is in russian version ? Its "that dances with death" And the "Wraith" is "Herald of Death"
Isnt it nice ?
Im sure "don't care" is not enough. Its something more.

BTW - For those ppl who have not seen the trailer by some reason: There will be NO wait button.
is the patch released seperately from the expansion? or is it included in the expansion, so you have to buy it to get patch 1.4? i hope its released seperately, or else it will be like we are paying for patch 1.4....
Yes it will be released separately. For those ppl who dont want to by add-on. Addon version is 2.0 it will include all changes from 1.4
Next patches will be 1.5 for standart and 2.1 for addon.

Shad0WeN
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Shad0WeN » 04 Nov 2006, 01:31

There are mods on this site that fix the Necropolis mage guild resource costs and the Resurrection & Raise Dead spells to remove the HP reduction penalty. I've been playing around with some of the files that control various game mechanics and it is pretty easy to fix a lot of stuff by just editing some values here and there.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Nov 2006, 02:08

Shad0WeN wrote:There are mods on this site that fix the Necropolis mage guild resource costs and the Resurrection & Raise Dead spells to remove the HP reduction penalty. I've been playing around with some of the files that control various game mechanics and it is pretty easy to fix a lot of stuff by just editing some values here and there.
That is not a salvation if you want to play online. Waiting for person that has exactly same mods installed(or one who would agree to install) - can hold on for pretty long time.

Kalah
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Unread postby Kalah » 04 Nov 2006, 03:15

This doesn't mean patch 1.4 will only be available for those who buy the expansion?
In War: Resolution, In Defeat: Defiance, In Victory: Magnanimity, In Peace: Goodwill.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 04 Nov 2006, 03:28

Kalah, of course not! Or how do you see it ? Nival have broken the necro guild, completely screwed balance - and after that, those ppl who want fixes should by add-on?
That would be too much even for UBIval. :devil:

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 11:57

ToweringAmishPlumber wrote:My apologies for asking a question off topic, but I never was able to

find out the definitive answer on what, if any, copy protection was

included in the released version of Heroes V. If there is, does it cause any hardware problems and does it install any unwanted software (excluding pure copy protection software) on your PC?

Thanks to anyone who can answer that.
It uses securom,and I had no problems with it.
MistWeaver wrote:Kalah, of course not! Or how do you see it ? Nival have broken the necro guild, completely screwed balance - and after that, those ppl who want fixes should by add-on?
That would be too much even for UBIval. :devil:
I wouldnt be suprised too much with that,though it sounds more like EA to me :devil:

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 04 Nov 2006, 13:08

changes are not funny anymore, they try to balance the game, but the result is vice versa, at least with previous patches *sigh*

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 04 Nov 2006, 13:08

Even if "you had no problems with it", it's still DRM. It's still bad, and it still needs to go.

Those who think otherwise may consider reading this: http://defectivebydesign.org/faq

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 04 Nov 2006, 16:39

@ Sikon

Well that's scary Sikon! Thanx for sharing that.. Very spooky and informative..
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 04 Nov 2006, 18:11

"This doesn't mean patch 1.4 will only be available for those who buy the expansion?"

No, it means people with original version will get patch 1.4 which will be equivalent to 2.0 (just without addon content)

In future, those with vanilla game will upgrade to 1.5 while those with expansion will get its equivalent... v2.1

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 04 Nov 2006, 18:18

And, later on, 3.0 will be related to 2.4 and 1.7... :)
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 18:38

Also,dont forget that we have europian and american editions,as well as downloadable edition,and those three versions have separate patches.Furthermore,there have been limited,collectors and complete editions,which are all different.So,the final number of versions will be...?Taking all bets! :devil:

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 04 Nov 2006, 19:48

Well, so far (up to v1.3) we have 33 diferent patch versions that ubi offers on their support page...

It doesnt look imposible (since they will have double the number for ever patch after the expansion) that in the end there will be even more than 100 different patches...

Maybe they want to be a record holders for the guiness book of records :)
Edited on Sat, Nov 04 2006, 12:50 by Ya5MieL

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 20:21

33 patches in just 3 versions? :| :disagree:

Ya5MieL
Marksman
Marksman

Unread postby Ya5MieL » 04 Nov 2006, 20:26

Aye, 33 is the number, i counted all patch files available on ubi servers...

Theres even czech and hungarian (etc.) versions of patches so thats why they add to such big number.

Caradoc
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Caradoc » 04 Nov 2006, 20:35

I wonder if they will be fixing the new bugs they introduced in 1.2. For example 'enought' and 'Skroll'. They might also finally get around to finishing the town descriptions. I got one today for Talonguard that just says 'Undefined'.

The one that really gets me is that when you dismiss a hero, you are asked if you want to spare him. If you choose 'Spare' you lose the hero. There's really no excuse for that.

Edited on Sat, Nov 04 2006, 13:37 by Caradoc
Before you criticize someone, first walk a mile in their shoes. If they get mad, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have their shoes.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 04 Nov 2006, 22:08

Caradoc wrote:The one that really gets me is that when you dismiss a hero, you are asked if you want to spare him. If you choose 'Spare' you lose the hero. There's really no excuse for that.
But thats how it is supposed to be.The question is if you want to spare the hero the further torment of running around the shiny map :devious:

Return to “News”