Where Are You From?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 26 Dec 2005, 12:27

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1135520541

Zilonite
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Zilonite » 26 Dec 2005, 12:27

... and nobody from Antarctica ... ;-)

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 26 Dec 2005, 12:57

Funny, seems my ancient threads name got someones attention. Good to see it ressurected in a different way.
Edited on Mon, Dec 26 2005, 05:59 by Orfinn

Marcus333
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Marcus333 » 26 Dec 2005, 13:15

It's a nice touch to the "Where Are You From-thread", I just don't know why it won't add me... Too bad.

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 26 Dec 2005, 15:02

Just added myself to the Frappr websites' accounts.

Everybody can locate me anytime now.

Do not like the outlook of the odds for the fan base of HoMM5 in North-America. Did you see how many members of CH are in Europe?

No wonder, Ubisoft decided to move their HQ to Central Europe.

Quite obvious that Nival will have to translate the game's programming in at least a dozen(12) completely different languages and PC platforms as well. That should take, all by itself, at least 3 months to complete it all.

And, of course, us the damn americans, will be at the bottom of that list. Ah well, better wait than being sorry after the game's release onto our markets, I guess.
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 26 Dec 2005, 16:10

wow. you're american and you whine? tough luck kid. Europe's been screwed over for a long time now when it comes to games.

How about Japan? Is homm big there? Seems like almost all of the fans live in Europe.

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 27 Dec 2005, 20:40

And be sure you're not on the bottom of that list. English is the language the game is developed in - so why care about translations?

(I, personally, will try and buy an english version instead of the german one. The translated names sound even more stupid than the english ones :) )

The idea with the google map, however, is great! :)
What the #$*! do we know?

ronald
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ronald » 27 Dec 2005, 21:26

@ ljpatenaude

Seriously, Ubisoft was a french company to begin with wasn't it?

And, sorry to say so - but every (self respecting) game get's an english version that is on the market the same time if not earlier, than other languages that come on the market.

Must games don't even have a Dutch version - not that it's nessacary for us to have it (not to brag but those are facts) cause we get great education in French, German, but most importantly: English.
Thelonious - Still the maddest magician around Hey, don't look at the secret part of my signature!

Continuity
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Continuity » 28 Dec 2005, 01:41

Frankly, Americans aren't allowed to complain about late release-dates compared to Europe. We're routinely screwed on all platforms from all companies. Several months delays are standard. Some times we don't even get the game at all.

That said, 1) This is only (ATM) 262 people out of several hundred thousand potential buyers. And 2) if you actually view all the markers and not just the 50 latest, you'll see plenty of people in the US too.
Edited on Tue, Dec 27 2005, 18:45 by Continuity

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 28 Dec 2005, 11:33

Continuity pretty much summed it up nicely.

and in Sweden we also get good education in English (from second grade) so a translation is not necessary. in fact; I'd rather not see it. Polish the game rather than translate it into Swedish, or Dutch or whatever. but if some markets are huge and the people in those markets don't speak english very well then sure by all means translate it.
Edited on Wed, Dec 28 2005, 06:49 by Arzang

Ryder
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Ryder » 28 Dec 2005, 19:25

Noone was screwed more than Australians when it came to 3DO releasing games. The distributor out here was always last to get the gold copy of the disc to start printing their own copies so stop ya whinning. ;)

Thank god for importers.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Dec 2005, 16:28

Only one Heroes player in California?! Come on people, keep adding your markers!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

sebutzu
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Where Are You From?

Unread postby sebutzu » 04 Jan 2006, 14:16

Yeah it's nicer than my original thread...

Return to “News”