Dark Messiah Patch on Wednesday?

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Oct 2006, 14:12

After Robert 'Apache' Howarth of Voodoo Extreme complained about his <a href="/http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/742/742469 ... >stability problems with Dark Messiah</a>, he received a <a href="/http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/742/742488p1.html">message from Arkane Studios</a> asking him to delay his review until the release of the first patch. Howarth says the update could be available around Wednesday. On the official forum, Romain de Waubert de Genlis talks about a <a href="/http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... >temporary solution</a> to alleviate the multiplayer loading issues.

My copy of the game will be in my mailbox today if I'm lucky. I will post a quick review here in a few days.

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1162217522
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Oct 2006, 14:59

:| Its not out for a whole week and theres a patch announced?! :applause:

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 30 Oct 2006, 16:16

Quite nice :D have a feeling they forgott something really important and that it will be included :D
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 30 Oct 2006, 16:22

It's not that bad, sometimes patches are ready even before the game boxes make it to the store.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Oct 2006, 16:29

Which shows that they care about satisfying their customers.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Justice » 30 Oct 2006, 16:43

Not complaining about normal bugs or anything like that... Far more important than that :D
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

addicted
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby addicted » 30 Oct 2006, 17:39

I was going to buy DM this last weekend but guess I will hold off to buy DM since I have been reading so many problems on the ubi dm forum..
In the ubi dm forum this thread at:
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic/A word from the Producer
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 058694/p/1
romainwg (DM producer) had stated in one part, Quote:If you have a Nvidia 6 series: Strangely it seems that some Nvidia 6 series video cards (6800 ultra for instance) don’t work well on the latest drivers with DM. Reverting to older drivers 84.21 seems to fix that problem.Unquote:
Since I have a GeForece 6800GT, and reading this, than that really makes me leary to spend 60 bucks for a game I may not be able to play unless they fix this issue with the other issues they plan to fix.. I for sure don't want to install 'old' video drivers just to play one game especially since I have many other programs running on my newer drivers. sigh
How you Treat people & what You Do or Don't Do will someday come back to "Bite You" or "Bless You". The Choice is Yours & will Affect You Today & Everyday of Your Future. Granny

PhoenixReborn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby PhoenixReborn » 30 Oct 2006, 18:09

DL I'm not sure what your angle is here. Are you

1) mad at Arkane/Ubisoft for releasing a game that wasn't ready.

or

2) praising Arkane for patch support?

Anyways, I'm curious to see Angelspit's review. I was playing Blade of Darkness over the weekend, Dark Messiah seems like a more advanced version of that.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 30 Oct 2006, 18:14

Mad at ubisoft and praising arkane.Arkane is obviously doing its best to make the game as enjoyable as posible,and ubisoft simply doesnt care for anything but the money(which they shoved numerous times before).But,ubi does deserve a plus for picking arkane to develop this gem.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 30 Oct 2006, 22:38

DaemianLucifer wrote:Which shows that they care about satisfying their customers.
Rather it shows that they shiped really raw game. They same sh*t we can see with Gothic3.
I think, if first patch goes out that fast - its a bad sign

ThunderTitan
Perpetual Poster
Perpetual Poster

Unread postby ThunderTitan » 30 Oct 2006, 22:47

MistWeaver wrote: I think, if first patch goes out that fast - its a bad sign
Depends on what it fixes. If it's only a few minor but annoying glitches it's not a bad sign.
Disclaimer: May contain sarcasm!
I have never faked a sarcasm in my entire life. - ???
"With ABC deleting dynamite gags from cartoons, do you find that your children are using explosives less frequently?" — Mark LoPresti

Alt-0128: €

asandir
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby asandir » 31 Oct 2006, 00:14

uh oh .... shades of HV anyone??
Human madness is the howl of a child with a shattered heart.

MistWeaver
Wraith
Wraith

Unread postby MistWeaver » 31 Oct 2006, 02:03

ThunderTitan wrote:
Depends on what it fixes. If it's only a few minor but annoying glitches it's not a bad sign.
The point is that non-critical fixes do not requre such fast response. It been just a week.

Furthermore they ask of review delay until patch is out. That means something too.

innokenti
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby innokenti » 31 Oct 2006, 02:35

stefan.urlus - HV it took them really quite a while to get even the first patch out. Here they're being super-speedy.

Besides, depending on how the game was published they could have handed over 'gold' as directed by the Ubi team and then continued fixing glitches and stuff while the game was getting published. A few tips as to what's critical when the game actually comes out... and they're ready to patch.

Quite efficient I feel. Just a shame it may have missed the full optimisation and fixing in the first place.

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Oct 2006, 04:25

Errr...No.Patches should come as quickly and as often as posible.Besides,its ubisoft that dictates the release date,not arkane.Yes,it is a bad thing to sell an unfinished game,but if you do,then you should fix it as soon as you can,and not let the customers strugle for month and a half.

arturchix
Titan
Titan

Unread postby arturchix » 31 Oct 2006, 04:30

What is going on in this world? :S Read the 1Up review...

dragonn
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby dragonn » 31 Oct 2006, 10:15

I've heard the final game has many system problems and bugs and it's all in all not a very satisfying game, thus it's reviews (marks) are not very impresive, like 6.5/10 (Gamespot) or 7/10 (IGN) for instance...

I'll pass on this one...
"Thou shall feel the wrath of the Dragons! Tremble in fear, your end is nigh!" - The Dragon Prophet
"Do you like fire? I'm full of it..." - Deathwing

DaemianLucifer
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Re: Dark Messiah Patch on Wednesday?

Unread postby DaemianLucifer » 31 Oct 2006, 12:04

dragonn wrote:I've heard the final game has many system problems and bugs and it's all in all not a very satisfying game, thus it's reviews (marks) are not very impresive, like 6.5/10 (Gamespot) or 7/10 (IGN) for instance...

I'll pass on this one...
Check other reviews,wont you.Its mostly around 9.But I guess it again comes to "We were all wrong,and fox was right" :disagree:

Return to “News”