Gamespy PC Games of the Year

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 20 Dec 2005, 21:29

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1135112309

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 20 Dec 2005, 21:29

Ironically, on page 26 of their Game of the Year article, they have an ANTI-STARFORCE image... it isn't just the gamers themselves who are a bit annoyed at the intrusionary tactics of some "protection" software developers...

http://goty.gamespy.com/2005/pc/index26.html

tetsumonkai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tetsumonkai » 20 Dec 2005, 21:32

Well, i dont think Homm5 will suffer by the hands of publishers. They are beta testing like hell and it seems to me they are willing to spend some time on it before they release the game to the public, wich is good ofcourse.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 20 Dec 2005, 21:48

Yeah, that image was kind of random seeing as they didn't actually talk about starforce or anything related.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 20 Dec 2005, 21:55

In any event, I will buy the game, and if it does anything to my machine (I doubt it will, given that I have installed a few SF games recently to test) then I will become one of the most outspoken people when it comes to this.

On topic, it is GREAT to see a TBS receive top honors, and even better that it is a Civilization game.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 20 Dec 2005, 22:08

"In any event, I will buy the game, and if it does anything to my machine (I doubt it will, given that I have installed a few SF games recently to test) then I will become one of the most outspoken people when it comes to this. "

I think that's a healthy attitude. Trust me, if any of us who post on the front page here have serious Starforce related problems we won't be silent about it, but until that happens I can't see why people won't give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like it can actually cause long term problems to your computer.

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 21 Dec 2005, 17:56

I just happen to own Civilization IV and, it is the most complete game I've ever seen, yet. Once you get the hang of the whole gameplay, she seems to play and progess all by herself. The developers of this game really meant it when they said they would include a lot of automatic micromanagement into the general workings of this 3D/TBS game. She is a 5 stars out of 5 (100% non time excessive consuming).
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 21 Dec 2005, 20:59

It's a good thing Civ 4 didn't come out the same year as Heroes V. Next time, the Turn-Based Strategy award will be ours!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Fnord
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Fnord » 21 Dec 2005, 22:38

There seems to be a problem with the links for the article above this one (year in review) -- I get this message when I click on either of the links or the comment link "you are not allowed to view this page. you must be logged in, or don't have the appropiate permissons."
- Fnord

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 22 Dec 2005, 00:05

That's because Angelspit had the page access set to "admin" only :)

Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't notice cause I could still get there. It's fixed now.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 22 Dec 2005, 09:02

Your former host GameSpy?

Why is the Round Table still hosted on GameSoy, then?

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 23 Dec 2005, 01:44

That's a good question. We have moved the main site, we haven't moved the servers, though.

Return to “News”