More maps we have, yes!

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Oct 2006, 18:07

I like the screenshot I made for Ruins in the Desert. If such images don't make you want to try out a map, nothing will!
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

Justice
War Dancer
War Dancer

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby Justice » 26 Oct 2006, 18:45

I'll never try a map then :(

Give me a screen of a text box and i'll be the first to download :D
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing!
-Edmund Burke

Sir William S Titan
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Sir William S Titan » 26 Oct 2006, 19:18

Is it just me, or is the author of this post, and the person with the first post, different?

I don't see the more maps... :|
Signature:
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 500 character limit

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 26 Oct 2006, 19:28

Because of a bug, Pitsu's post didn't make it to the forums. Head to the front page.

fiur
Pixie
Pixie

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby fiur » 26 Oct 2006, 19:45

I will test it this weekend Like U said Angelspit the screenshot should make everyone play the map!

Sir_Toejam
Nightmare
Nightmare

Unread postby Sir_Toejam » 26 Oct 2006, 20:21

there are some neat scripts in Ptisu's map. definetly worth experimenting with.

Pitsu
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Pitsu » 26 Oct 2006, 23:02

Angelspit wrote:Because of a bug, Pitsu's post didn't make it to the forums.
In forums this news item looks strange indeed.

Anyway, If you want to give feedback or need help with Ruins in the Desert, go to: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/ ... php?t=4381
Note that apparently an annoying bug with crash kicks in sometimes. Since the reason is a mystery I am not sure how fast it can be fixed (I was already quite sure that it got fixed, but obviously the last tests were simply lucky and problem free). Please save frequently and if the problem starts to annoy, simply use cheats: @RemoveObject("Agrael"); or @RemoveObject("Ildar"); whichever feel more appropriate. Will make your life easier, but at least lets you play.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby Angelspit » 27 Oct 2006, 02:30

Fury of the Elements is now in the database, and available for rating. A few more maps are up for testing as well.
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

alavris
Scout
Scout

Unread postby alavris » 29 Oct 2006, 20:22

I've just finished "Dragon's Legacy" and it gave me a lot of fun. That's a type of map that I enjoy the most. I've also started playing "Fury of the elements" and it's also very interesting... It seems that fan-made maps brought back my interest of playing the game, so now I don't only work in the editor with my own map :)

Bethel
Pixie
Pixie

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby Bethel » 29 Oct 2006, 22:27

I finished _Fury of the Elements_ and gave it an 8. The use of gates and elevations was brilliant, in my opinion. However, there was no need to go through the yellow gate to complete the map. I'm of the school of thought that 'if you show a gun in act one, it needs to be intregal to the plot by the end of the play'. (to paraphrase an old lesson from drama)

I tend to play extra-large maps, as I like to take my characters up as much as possible. This map plays much larger than it actually is.

Recommended.

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 29 Oct 2006, 22:36

Thanks for the feedback guys! :proud:

myythryyn
Assassin
Assassin

More maps we have, yes!

Unread postby myythryyn » 30 Oct 2006, 14:42

Bethel at 2006-10-29 15:27 wrote:

I finished _Fury of the Elements_ and gave it an 8. The use of gates and elevations was brilliant, in my opinion. However, there was no need to go through the yellow gate to complete the map. I'm of the school of thought that 'if you show a gun in act one, it needs to be intregal to the plot by the end of the play'. (to paraphrase an old lesson from drama)

the yellow gate to the underground area? that was a side quest, a secondary objective if i remember right, so it was not part of the main quest. if the player wanted, they didnt have to complete that quest. do you think i should have made it part of the main objective?
Edited on Mon, Oct 30 2006, 07:50 by myythryyn

Return to “News”