Starforce Ups the Ante

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 19 Dec 2005, 22:41

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1135024410

dfrosty1
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby dfrosty1 » 19 Dec 2005, 22:41

god, I am so tired of people bashing my Gov't. Funny, we have so many "foreigners" wanting the money, however.

I wish we would just stop the "foreign aid" BS. Then, at least the leaches would have something to complain about.

BTW, is it safe to go back to Paris?

US taxpayer

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 19 Dec 2005, 23:40

dfrosty1 - Believe me when I say that I would love to discuss politics with you, but politics are discouraged on this board (especially discussions where I participate for some very strange reason ;)) so we can take this via PM instead :) (Or another board. I can suggest some)

Oh man you got pwned by Fabrice himself! :D

Maybe we should go ontopic now? :D

This is a great move by StarForce which will hopefully make the people that launch hatecampaigns against StarForce to be seen as the trolls they are.

However, I know it won't be very long now until the first troll arrives....and I know just who it is....if somebody want me to, I will PM that persons name to them so they can see that I'm right. (As I always am ofcourse :))

Hey mods! *Smacks the serviceclock in the reception* Service! Service! How do I change this comment avatar? :>

Wildbear
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby Wildbear » 19 Dec 2005, 23:55

dfrosty1: it's safe, and it isn't thanks to the US foreign aid or your government, so please don't send your GIs here, we feel free enough.

Now about starforce, I think nobody will change his mind because of a contest, and especially I won't buy a starforce protected game just to try to kill my dvd drive. Starforce still uses drivers and I'm not confident enough to let their uncertified drivers run my drives.

The only relevant fact is that cd-check is annoying, whatever the protection, period.
Image Spiritu Insanum

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madcat_lives » 20 Dec 2005, 02:16

What I love is, you must prove it. They can have so many holes in it.
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

Psychobabble
Spectre
Spectre

Unread postby Psychobabble » 20 Dec 2005, 05:00

Yeah, it'd be much better if you didn't have to prove it. Then everyone could get $3000 dollars for having a broken computer.

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 20 Dec 2005, 07:16

@ Psychobabble: hehehe

Kareeah Indaga
Archlich
Archlich

Unread postby Kareeah Indaga » 20 Dec 2005, 15:19

@Wildbear: So the whole bit with riots and burning cars was just a bizzare French holiday then? ;)
Image Image Image

Angelspit
CH Founder
CH Founder

Unread postby Angelspit » 20 Dec 2005, 15:42

From the Starforce site: "If you fail to reproduce the mentioned above terms, you will be acknowledged the loser and StarForce will mention your full name on www.star-force.com in the list of Losers of the Contest and any expenses shall not be compensated." That's a bit rude, isn't it?
I'm on Steam and Xbox Live.

lpatenaude
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby lpatenaude » 20 Dec 2005, 17:06

What do mean by a bit rude? I see that as an opportunity to show off your inate abilities to avoid being caught by surprise from an implanted 'with cause to destroy you optical drive' viral driver program.

What I mean is: Just avoid choosing to use the combo installation option onto the installation screen and use the option to install only the featured product istead(in this case HoMMV).

The opportunity is: If loser of the contest, means that you will gain further trusts from the developing company and gain respect in someone who knows truly and straight-forwardly what that someone wants from the very beginning of opening up the box of the featured game.

BTW: that was all in-scripted and in between the lines(invisible to any simple reader's abilities to decipher) of the discloser agreement.

Was that in-depth enough for ya? Everybody?
Earth is a large world.
So does our egos and opinions onto everything.

HodgePodge
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby HodgePodge » 20 Dec 2005, 17:55

The closing of the SF thread at the Ubi boards, only validates the claims of those who have posted their negative experiences with SF. UbiSoft has also threatened to ban at least two people (not myself yet) for telling the public the truth about SF.

Fabrice should not be bashing the USA when it comes to honesty and integrity … one only has to think back four years ago … when the French & Russian judges at the Olympics conspired to cheat on the scoring of the pairs figure skating competition. They were caught and banned from Olympic judging! Seems like the frogs & ruskies still haven't learned anything.
Walk Softly & Respect All Life!

Click Here: Lords of War and Money … A Free & Fun Browser Game.

HMMFan
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby HMMFan » 20 Dec 2005, 18:39

Whoa! How bad is this? Conflating US foreign policy with Starforce. Forget it. That "discussion" will last until the end of time.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 20 Dec 2005, 19:00

yup that whole blacklisting one's name or whatnot is very very overboard. One would think that if starforce wants to maintain their rep, they should be more humble and modest.

if you go to a gym and a bigger guy lifts twice what you lift, would you like him to constantly mock you? and let's say after years of lifting you want to see who the stronger lifter is and he beats you again, should he give you pointers, should he take pointers or should he mock you?

the difference would be if the smaller guy walks in, calls the bigger guy a moron and fattie and then loses. but everyone who takes this challenge doesn't have to be a mindless starforce basher.

and on that whole olympic judging: yawn. a government HAS TO represent its people in a democratic nation, olympic judges do NOT HAVE TO do that. and USA has never had a nice democratic system in my opinion. but let's not take that discussion.

does anyone know if kingkong and other ubi titles have given issues that can be directly backtracked to starforce and if so; how has ubisoft responded to this?

Labyrinth
War Dancer
War Dancer

Unread postby Labyrinth » 20 Dec 2005, 19:05

Yay, let's call the French frogs and the Russians ruskies! How funny!

The US is the honest and integer country that tells lies in front of the whole world, to begin a war... how noble. I'd do that as well if I was G.W. Bush junior and wanted to rule the world. Sorry to all who feel insulted, but it is a proven fact that the war on Iraq was planned already in times before Bush jun. was president of the US.

One of many reliable sources is Hans von Sponik, who was the leader of the United Nations Aid Program in Baghdad. He quit his job as leader of this program because he could no longer morally stand how the US did what he calls misdeed against humatity and even genocide, in prohibiting important Resolutions in the International Security Council.

To the people in the US: Maybe you can't believe this. Your media didn't show you the desastrous state Iraq was in after the US had 'won' the war, and is still in. It is also fact that there was a law prohibiting the dead GIs that are brought home, being shown in the media. You can not know that your Government tells lies to the whole world without turning a hair and is responsible for the death of thousands and millions of innocent and defenceless men, women and children. This is not your fault. But you *can* now begin and inform yourself! Go, search for books written by UN internals and other people who really *know* what's going on in Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan and the whole region. It's worth it, even if you think this to be nothing but BS. It might open your eyes.
What the #$*! do we know?

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 20 Dec 2005, 19:35

What exactly does Starforce have to do with politics again?

kentjn
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby kentjn » 20 Dec 2005, 19:39

omg - this discussion is getting totally of track. FYI: this is a HOMM forum.

@hodgepodge:

"The closing of the SF thread at the Ubi boards, only validates the claims of those who have posted their negative experiences with SF"

- maybe they just got tired of seeing the same points again and again and again and ..... - I know I did. It was not a discussion anymore. It was a flamewar.

If you really don't like Starforce then don't buy the game. Thats the best way to show them that it is not the way foreward. And if Starforce really is so dangerous as you say, you shoul be glad that a lot of people buy the game, cause that will lead to many problems, that again will show Ubi that Starforce is a bad idea.

So if you are right - you have already won. Its actually that simple.
Edited on Tue, Dec 20 2005, 12:40 by kentjn

King Imp
Swordsman
Swordsman

Unread postby King Imp » 20 Dec 2005, 19:45

I said it before and I'll say it again.

I can't wait until this game comes out and there are minimal to no reports of any Starforce problems. Guaranteed the "haters" who think SF is the work of the Devil will be out the very next day picking up their copy of Heroes 5.

Vision
Conscript
Conscript

Unread postby Vision » 20 Dec 2005, 21:01

I originally was one who was not going to purchase H5 due to StarFarce (I still hate hidden drivers being installed... ROOTKIT anyone?)

However, I love what it is beginning to look like, and I cna take a hit for H5. SF v5 seems to be very stable, and I read somewhere that there are actually talks about getting their drivers Microsoft Verified.... that would be good...

Now, if someone were to go to the SF offices, install SF, and then install a program that maliciously and deliberately utilizes StarFarce to compromise the system, would that qualify? Drivers like those SF uses, if not protected fully, can cause back doors to be opened very easily... like mIRC and even Windows itself has.

gravyluvr
Round Table Knight
Round Table Knight

Unread postby gravyluvr » 27 Dec 2005, 18:29

When I was younger I actually took a year of French until I realized that I lived in the US and I should be taking Spanish since it's the second most spoken language here.

Is it still true that in French 1, the first phrase they teach you is how to say "I surrender" in German?
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
If I were a flower, I'd be a really big flame-throwing flower with five heads.

Return to “News”