Beta Extended, Open Beta Delayed

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
protecyon
Golem
Golem

Unread postby protecyon » 12 Dec 2005, 16:56

If you would like to take a look at the original page visit this link:
https://www.celestialheavens.com/1134404979

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 12 Dec 2005, 16:56

Great. Merry christmas to me, merry christmas to you and especially to all beta testers.

madcat_lives
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby madcat_lives » 12 Dec 2005, 17:20

I would rather wait a whole month with no bug game then have bug game sooner. WE don't want to have what HOMM 4 had in.
Let them think they are winning, when they find out they are losing, its too late.

Sikon
Hunter
Hunter

Unread postby Sikon » 12 Dec 2005, 17:26

I don't think Ubisoft will change their financial plans because Fabrice wants to extend the beta test. Perhaps it will mean less time for the open beta, though.

Falsted
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby Falsted » 12 Dec 2005, 18:42

Translation of Fabrics' Post: "Me and my team at Ubisoft are taking an extended Christmas break...So we have decided to delay open beta" :P

hahakocka
Pixie
Pixie

Unread postby hahakocka » 12 Dec 2005, 19:00

Thanks the news Fabrice but we want a demo for Chistmas. And Merry Christmas to all of you Heros fans and the developers of Heroes5.

Arzang
Assassin
Assassin

Unread postby Arzang » 12 Dec 2005, 19:02

about the demo: I sure as hell wouldn't want one for christmas. at most I'd like it 1 week before the final game. because with one week left I'll be able to only play it slightly and if it convinces me buy the final product and get that feeling of installing a new game and booting it up an dplaying it to death.

Xsi
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby Xsi » 12 Dec 2005, 19:27

Since "Ubisoft" really means "we delay games" this is no surprise, also any delay that will be announced within a month is no surprise either.

p.s. My only ubisoft experience is based on "ghost recon", "ghost recon 2", which got delayed over and over again be4 it got cancelled and "ghost recon:AW" which has just been delayed for the second time.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 12 Dec 2005, 20:41

I almost don't believe this! GREAT job Ubisoft! :) Delaying the game two times to make it better! I wonder what other gamedeveloper would do the same.

tetsumonkai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby tetsumonkai » 13 Dec 2005, 08:24

i dont understand why they just not start the 4th phase or open beta. they will still get the feedback right? that should still be the point... but nope.

Orfinn
Round Table Hero
Round Table Hero

Unread postby Orfinn » 13 Dec 2005, 11:21

@Xsi. Yes they got delayed alot but hey they are great games!

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 13 Dec 2005, 17:17

Remember the mistake of 3DO - they released Heroes IV too soon, unfinished! And they bankrupted...

I want to have a great bugless game, and I'm ready to wait even half a year more for it!
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 14 Dec 2005, 00:02

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love and play all Heroes and expansions - they are all great in their own way. And on balance, Heroes IV changes improved the game. I LIKE HEROES IV - frankly it's awesome to build a hero through a long scenario or campaign to a very high level and watch him kick some black dragon ass (LOTS of black dragon ass)! Basically, despite all the bull**** about weak AI and other criticism about Heros IV, I think it comes down to the fact that Heros IV critics can't stand the fact that IV wasn't just another repeat of III - which by the way Heroes V appears to be (with the additiion of 3D). By the way, Computer Games magazine gave a glowing (!) preview to V in the current issue. For those who simply want another Heroes III this should be great news. For me, it simply reinforces my feeling that I wouldn't take the game if it were free.

And finally, two critical points:

1. Heroes was a spinoff of the Might andf Magic series, which was an

RPG - NOT a turn based startagy game.

2. The games are titled "HEROES" of Might and Magic. NOT Armies or

Monsters. Frankly, in that sense, IV is the only one that really matches it's name.

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 14 Dec 2005, 04:55

@ ToweringAmishPlumber: Way off topic, and get with the times. H5 = 3D H3 has been way overdiscussed.

@ everyone else: Delays are somewhat inevitable in the gaming industry (just like the building industry), you pretty much have to take a release date and add 1-3 months on that. So that means 31st April 2006 release.

Marelt Ekiran
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Marelt Ekiran » 14 Dec 2005, 05:24

Whatever happens... I hope that Heroes 5 and Zelda don't come out on the same day. The dilemma would be too great.

(although Zelda would definitely get the first choice)

*starts running from people with torches and pitchforks, who are shouting: "burn the infidel*
Edited on Tue, Dec 13 2005, 22:25 by Marelt Ekiran

vissai
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vissai » 14 Dec 2005, 09:13

BURN THE INFIDEL!!!!

This 2006 April estimate really schocked me - OK, it's early in the morning and my resistance is low, still: shaking hands and sweating forehead -- but, I guess, if it has to be like this... At least a nice, re-playable demo would be veeeery nice. Or, if the "open beta testing" means what I think it means, I could settle with that. (I'm soooo generous.)
Time and dragons fly.

ToweringAmishPlumber
Scout
Scout

Unread postby ToweringAmishPlumber » 15 Dec 2005, 00:15

@Furay: Oh come on - half the comments on the web site are "Way off topic". In any case, since the topic was "...the Heroes of Might and Magic V beta test..", I was responding to the negative comments about the HOMM IV release. Also, since when does April have 31 days!?

Furay
Peasant
Peasant

Unread postby Furay » 15 Dec 2005, 01:51

"since when does April have 31 days!?"

Oops. 30th April then (+/- 1 month).

@vissai - don't worry, I have been known to be wrong b4 (see above for proof).

Ururam Tururam
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Ururam Tururam » 15 Dec 2005, 08:57

Speaking about Heroes IV by "unfinished" I meant memory leaks and some other programming errors corrected then in patches. Not any aspect of the concept of the game.
Hoc est opus!
UT homepage: http://urtur.webpark.pl

Xenofex.XVII
Scout
Scout

Unread postby Xenofex.XVII » 15 Dec 2005, 14:41

The reason off a fourth phse of beta: The beta has StarForce protection, that damaged many computer of beta testers. So they need more testers. :) IMHO

I might be NOT wrong, though :(
It is time to stop believing and start understanding. - Rael

Return to “News”