Another Nival Q&A Update

Discussions about the latest news in the Might and Magic community.
CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 02 Nov 2005, 23:21

@ Anthriel

Hey! I'm not hormone-driven....I think... but I definitely do not want HOMM to become a fashion show. I don't mind the Dark elves like that, cuz they are like that in other games I play too, but I hope it stops there.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

vic420man
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby vic420man » 04 Nov 2005, 14:53

how about everybody relax. If you go anywhere in the summer you will see women wearing something sexy!! If you see it in a video game, that is fake and you can tell.

Campaigner
Vampire
Vampire

Unread postby Campaigner » 04 Nov 2005, 18:54

Good update.

Sermil: Why care about what some organisation that puts ratings on games think..? Play the game and decide for yourself if your kids can play it. Actually I don't see why they can't, as there's no blood (red smokepuffs don't count) or beheadings in the game.

ttague2005: *fniss* lol....you do know that they can't watch MTV or go out the frontdoor in summer, right?

All the complaints about some female characters wearing sexy clothes is laughable! Who doesn't enjoy watching sexy dressed women? Women likes to look at good looking women too so their goes all your excuses.

CloudRiderX
Succubus
Succubus

Unread postby CloudRiderX » 04 Nov 2005, 20:09

Nah, I know what you mean, I like seeing pretty women as much as the next guy,(especially in armor, all girls look better in armor), but think of kids like 10 or younger. I first played HOMM II when I was 7, i think. Alot of parents don't want their kids seeing that stuff that early on, not 'not at all'. And if a kid was playing the game and the parents didn't know about the women, and they saw one half-dressed one, they might wonder what other things like that that might be in the game. I knew a few kids who watched stuff teen/young adults should watch when they were very young and they grew up to be total perverts. Im not saying thats the case with all kids, but its just my experience.
"A Guardian is always prepared." - Galio, the Sentinel's Sorrow

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 04 Nov 2005, 21:52

Campaigner: Right, and the HOMMV women have more clothes on than the average female on the beach.

And if people are so worried theire kids will see some small figures in small clothes, then disable the dungeon towns. All the killing and the blood spurts (...) should be worse than the bikini ladies.

ttague2005
Leprechaun
Leprechaun

Unread postby ttague2005 » 05 Nov 2005, 15:06

Bikini's are one thing and frontal nudity is another. It is my understanding that the Dungeon character will not be clothed from the waist up.

Thanks to Vulvenia for clarifying the clothing issue. It does mention half naked females in the initial statement from the Ubisoft rep. though.
Edited on Wed, Nov 16 2005, 07:17 by ttague2005

vulnevia
Blood Fury
Blood Fury

Unread postby vulnevia » 05 Nov 2005, 15:48

ttague2005 - The only dungeon creature that hasn't clothes from the waist and up is the minotaus slave and that's a male (and the hydra, but I don't think it counts). If you choose "Heroes of might and magic V" in the game selector, click on Dungeon under Town details in the left menu, click on dungeon creatures, you have some art work on each creature. There you will find that the female wear more or less a bikini.

Return to “News”